Fragmaster posts his delay "proof"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for Valve. No one trusts their word. If people get the smallest sniff of something that may not be seen as the most desirable move for the community, all of a sudden everyone's in an uproar believing it.

We've got Fagramster with all of his shite, all those debates and petitions regarding pay-to-play, the distress of people thinking that Steam would always require a internet connection for everything, people believing any bit of rubbish and then slating Valve for it, conspiracies about advertising and publicity stunts. Valve are very rich already, they don't need us, I'm surprised they don't make a press release telling us to **** off, shut down all the Steam and WON network and incinerate HL2, TF2, CS2 and DOD2. We deserve it.

Originally posted by dscowboy
Whatever you think of Fragmaster, a release in 12 days isn't making a whole lot of sense right now. Where's the press coverage? Where's the advertising? Where's the gold announcement? Where's the Steam eCommerce test they call "CS:CZ"? When are they going to retire WON net? Where's the multiplayer info? Where's the bandwidth for tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands, think of all the non-US people) of Steam customers to download ~2GB going to come from? They only have 1400 Mega BITS per second right now.

Do not try to pick apart that paragraph and make up situtations where each of those obstacles could be circumvented, I KNOW Sept 30th is _possible_. It's just not very likely. A release in 12 days would be a VERY unconventional release.

Hmmm...has CS:CZ gone gold yet?

Originally posted by Chris_D
I feel sorry for Valve. No one trusts their word. If people get the smallest sniff of something that may not be seen as the most desirable move for the community, all of a sudden everyone's in an uproar believing it.

We've got Fagramster with all of his shite, all those debates and petitions regarding pay-to-play, the distress of people thinking that Steam would always require a internet connection for everything, people believing any bit of rubbish and then slating Valve for it, conspiracies about advertising and publicity stunts. Valve are very rich already, they don't need us, I'm surprised they don't make a press release telling us to **** off, shut down all the Steam and WON network and incinerate HL2, TF2, CS2 and DOD2. We deserve it.

Uhhh...no. When I met Gabe he seemed very concerned about the community's opinions and response towards Half-Life 2. He is a man that cares about the fans, not just some money-grubbing CEO.

ok yes im a noob to these forums but it doesnt mean im a stupid kid whose ideas are bullshit so hear me out first....

Lets review. Valve has never once said it would be released on anydate apart from 9/30.

Gabes "well see" with luaghing to Spitcodfry seems to me as a yes. you know like when your out with a girl and your trying to get some action and say something like "so do you wanna come to my place tonight?" and she says "well see", now thats a definate yes. :cool:

and also

It would be so incredibly stupid of valve to get the fans all Physked up by coninously saying the 30th and even letting a fan with a camera take a tour of their HQ if they were just gonna say "well sorry guys been delayed, sucks to be you and all"

this is why fag fragger is gonna be eating humble pie.

(that audio thing was funny as f*** though)

As much as I would like to disagree and believe it not to be true I can't. Naturaly this happens with an online community, but your right. Valve has been taking alot of flak from the community. Petitions, insults, rumours that have been blown out of porportion...

Do you know what? It'd own him so ****ing much if Gabe made a press release tonight saying the game had gone gold.

Amen.

Where did I say that he doesn't care about the fans and he's just a money grabbing CEO?

What I meant by: "Valve are very rich already, they don't need us..." was that over the last few months there's been people slagging Valve off and throwing all these accusations at them and it's just not fair on Valve. People take Valve for morons, and it surprises me that they still support us so well.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Uhhh...no. When I met Gabe he seemed very concerned about the community's opinions and response towards Half-Life 2. He is a man that cares about the fans, not just some money-grubbing CEO.

No doubt. If any company cares what the end-user's opinion is, it's Valve. I do think a large part of the community is too immature (or just plain rude) though, and should give Gabe and company more respect.

Where did I say that he doesn't care about the fans and he's just a money grabbing CEO?

What I meant by: "Valve are very rich already, they don't need us..." was that over the last few months there's been people slagging Valve off and throwing all these accusations at them and it's just not fair on Valve. People take Valve for morons, and it surprises me that they still support us so well.

Oh ok I see where you were coming from now. Sorry.

I agree with you though, the majority of their fan base has been up in arms instead of being supportive.

remember the last time Valve was this quiet? They are very good at surprising poeple.

Originally posted by Ki||tacular
remember the last time Valve was this quiet? They are very good at surprising poeple.

Indeed...they're very good at marketing

I should have worded it better. It could come across a little bit like that's what I was saying. It's clear - Valve care more about us than themselves.

Spit, have you ever met a millionaire?

I should have worded it better. It could come across a little bit like that's what I was saying. It's clear - Valve care more about us than themselves.

Spit, have you ever met a millionaire?
Gabe Newell is quite possibly a millionaire.

Or maybe not.

Originally posted by CommieX

Or maybe not.

He was a bigshot in Microsoft before he created Valve. Funded lots of the Half-Life development himself. And it only went one way after that...

Originally posted by CommieX

Or maybe not.
Originally posted by spitcodfry
I did yesterday :)

Exactly. He probably is. He was rich before he founded Valve because of his investments in Microsoft which paid out in 1995/6. He's still rich today. He literally could afford, out of his own pocket to retire, close down Valve Software, and pay everyone that works there until the end of the year; still having enough money to live in luxury until his death and leave behind a comfortable inhertience for the whole of his family.

Is that the kind of CEO of a company that needs to buy into deals with ATi to earn a quick buck? Is that the kind of company that needs to charge people $10-$20 a month just to pay their game online? Is that the kind of company that needs to announce a game with the deliberate intention of delaying it for 4 months just to increase publicity for a sequel to the game that's STILL the most popular online experience to this day?

Wake up Fagramster, Steelhed (you WILL be eating your own shit btw), and all you other ****s that should be giving Valve support for all they've done for us.

oh hes a millionaire alright, and the rest of valve arent doing too shabby either...

i thought valve said all the $$$ Half life made whent into HL2.

i bet they still kept a good bit though just incase it goes tits up.

Exactly. He probably is. He was rich before he founded Valve because of his investments in Microsoft which paid out in 1995/6. He's still rich today. He literally could afford, out of his own pocket to retire, close down Valve Software, and pay everyone that works there until the end of the year; still having enough money to live in luxury until his death and leave behind a comfortable inhertience for the whole of his family.

Is that the kind of CEO of a company that needs to buy into deals with ATi to earn a quick buck? Is that the kind of company that needs to charge people $10-$20 a month just to pay their game online? Is that the kind of company that needs to announce a game with the deliberate intention of delaying it for 4 months just to increase publicity for a sequel to the game that's STILL the most popular online experience to this day?

Wake up Fagramster, Steelhed (you WILL be eating your own shit btw), and all you other ****s that should be giving Valve support for all they've done for us.

Exactly so, man. You said it well.

It's my understanding that Fragmaster also moderates Planet Unreal, is that correct? If so, it's quite possible that he's an immature, raving fanboy. Well, we already knew about the immature part, didn't we?

You are correct there. Apologies on the size of my sig, just resizing now.

Originally posted by Dougy
i thought valve said all the $$$ Half life made whent into HL2.

i bet they still kept a good bit though just incase it goes tits up.

Gamespot had a great article detailing all the history of Valve, it's conception, going to id to license the Quake engine, and all the way up to the 'going gold' party for Half-Life. They mentioned that both Mike Harrington and Gabe Newell were what was referred to as 'Microsoft Millionaires.' They came away with a ton of money before they set up Valve.

Money is a funny thing. No matter how much people have they always want more.

But it doesn't make the Valve "rumours" any more true of course.

Originally posted by Stage
Money is a funny thing. No matter how much people have they always want more.

But it doesn't make the Valve "rumours" any more true of course.

Are you insinuating that about Valve?

Originally posted by T Goush
Sorry for yet another delay thread, but with all the Fragmaster / PHL bashing going on, I figured people would want to see this.

From a Fragmaster post at PHL:

"I've said in the past that I "can't post any proof that the game is delayed", but that doesn't mean I don't have proof. I just can't post it.

THEN

Sure, I can post a leaked email from a major PC gaming magazine basically flat out indicating that Doug Lombardi told them at a Vivendi press event in New York in early July that they'd need to push the coverage back at least a couple of months.

Fragmasters says he can't reveal his mysterious proof than proceeds to reveal it two lines later?

Huh?

Well, I'm sure they too want more money. But that doesn't make the stuff Chris mentioned any more true. (The rumours about the ATI deal, pay-to-play, etc).

i think hes referring to them charging per month, which is OPTIONAL and if not chosen will work just like everything has before, they are just trying to give people a beter deal so they can get mods without paying full price for each one.

and i think his second statement basically says he isnt insinuating, but i coul dbe wrong

Originally posted by Spiffae
]

2) actually, watch it again... he said "when we get closer to release" which would be... now.

God, if people are going to argue with me about something could they at least check the information themselves. I had to sit through an entire 40 minute video just for this quote (Which is in the last minute of the video):

"The Multiplayer side of things is something that we are going to keep pretty close to our vest so we have some surprises for when we launch the product."

Does anyone have a way that you can skip forward in asf files?

Well...Valve does want to perpetuate itself...and the way they do that in this reality is by making money.

I WANT them to be as successful as they can be, so they can keep making new games and providing excellent gaming experiences.

Of course, I don't want to be ripped off (er...Unreal 2...er!)...but it doesn't look like that's what they're doing or going to do anytime in the near future...

"I've said in the past that I "can't post any proof that the game is delayed", but that doesn't mean I don't have proof. I just can't post it."

THEN

Sure, I can post a leaked email from a major PC gaming magazine basically flat out indicating that Doug Lombardi told them at a Vivendi press event in New York in early July that they'd need to push the coverage back at least a couple of months."

Fragmasters says he can't reveal his mysterious proof than proceeds to reveal it two lines later?

Uh-whaaaaat?

Originally posted by DarkStar

"I've said in the past that I "can't post any proof that the game is delayed", but that doesn't mean I don't have proof. I just can't post it."

THEN

Sure, I can post a leaked email from a major PC gaming magazine basically flat out indicating that Doug Lombardi told them at a Vivendi press event in New York in early July that they'd need to push the coverage back at least a couple of months."

Uh-whaaaaat?

In a nutshell, it's the same as saying:

"No offense, but you're an @sshole"

I bet anything he's talking about when vivendi screwed up and said it would be delayed and then valve cleared it up and vivendi did too.

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but didn't Valve say they would be releasing the SDK 1 month before they released the game?

Other's have said this a bit already, but I can't help but be enraged by anyone who would claim that Valve doesn't care about its fans and it some kind of mythical money grubbing monolith.

First off, who cares if they're out to make money? I love how anti-capitalist everyone becomes when they don't like a particular company. It's about as much of an uneducated response as you can get short of "they're fags". Who the hell doesn't work or run a business to make money?

However, my biggest gripe is this unfounded anger towards Valve and Gabe as not caring about "'da fans". I'm a software consultant and have worked at a shitload of companies and I'll tell you, the fact that Gabe would give some no-name kid (no offense, dude, please) a tour of their office when they're not a magazine reporter or investor or something does not fit the pattern of any companies I've seen that ignore their buyers.

Fragmaster has some kind of extreme narcissism where he views himself as "the only one exposing the truth" or something. It's pathetic, childish, and will ultimately run PHL into the ground.

-Mr. Bildo

If they need to delay it, let them. Listen, we only found out about the game in july, they could have EASILY told us about it many years ago, in which case we wouldve been having to deal with waiting for the game for years. Lets just be happy that it is more than likely going to be coming out in at the most 2-3 months.

Originally posted by Mr. Bildo
, ....the fact that Gabe would give some no-name kid (no offense, dude, please) a tour of their office when they're not a magazine reporter or investor or something does not fit the pattern of any companies I've seen that ignore their buyers.....

-Mr. Bildo

Agreed. I think it should be obvious to anyone by now that Valve has an extreme appreciation of their fans.

[ButtheadVoice] Huh huh huh huh huh huh, "Bildo", huh huh huh [/ButtheadVoice]

Originally posted by FortisVir

[ButtheadVoice] Huh huh huh huh huh huh, "Bildo", huh huh huh [/ButtheadVoice]

Most useful info in this thread, by far. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back