Full script leaked !!??

:O

I'm sure they're really, REALLY, worried about whether YOU call it quits or not.

Get over yourself...

lans said:
Good for you too.

Why am I not amazed at you being happy at valve's loss? :dozey:

It's such an incredibly bad and utterly stupid mistake on Valve's part that you can't help but just laugh. It's just ludicrously stupid. I mean, the HL2 script in the CS: Source cache? How?! You really can't get much more clumsy than this.

Who cares? I mean really, is it that big a deal? Don't go looking for it if you don't want stuff spoiled.

KagePrototype said:
It's such an incredibly bad and utterly stupid mistake on Valve's part that you can't help but just laugh. It's just ludicrously stupid. I mean, the HL2 script in the CS: Source cache? How?! You really can't get much more clumsy than this.

I've stuck up for Valve ever since the delay back in Sept 30, but this is just plain stupid. These guys are awesome at making games, and i love them for it, but when they stuff up, they REALLY stuff up.

Still, lets hope nothing else get's spoiled tomorrow when the HL2 preload begins :S

This was the first thread I ever had problems with selecting the text in the spoiler tags, I'm not going to let this thread ruin the story for me, although Absinthe did put a good example of how it *could* be done.

As my thoughts on the topic: has anyone considered that with the HL2 preloading, some hacker might be able to run the content on the leaked version's engine? That way you could play the 'new' HL2 with the 'old' engine - all content (maps, textures, sounds, models) will be there and since Source is modular it might even work because the old engine will play the new content, maybe just leave out some graphics effects or so.

raoulduke said:
This was the first thread I ever had problems with selecting the text in the spoiler tags, I'm not going to let this thread ruin the story for me, although Absinthe did put a good example of how it *could* be done.

As my thoughts on the topic: has anyone considered that with the HL2 preloading, some hacker might be able to run the content on the leaked version's engine? That way you could play the 'new' HL2 with the 'old' engine - all content (maps, textures, sounds, models) will be there and since Source is modular it might even work because the old engine will play the new content, maybe just leave out some graphics effects or so.

I bloody well hope not.

lans said:
Good for you too.

Why am I not amazed at you being happy at valve's loss? :dozey:

I'm not happy about it, and it sure as hell is no "loss" to Valve, but it's still fricken hilarious. Can this company not get a single thing right?

iamaelephant said:
I'm not happy about it, and it sure as hell is no "loss" to Valve, but it's still fricken hilarious. Can this company not get a single thing right?

They did get a lot of things right, Half-Life is one thing ;)

What if this is a hoax

Anyone thought if this script leak is a kind of VALVe's hoax just to draw people's attention away from the game in making and to de-hype it a bit only to make the plots even more surprising?

I mean, who would be so stupid to leave a script which doesn't do anything, even among HL2 files, because it's just a script useful only at making the game, not at playing it...

iamaelephant said:

Well, gee I dunno, I thought Half-Life was done pretty well :rolleyes:

Edit: I don't think that releasing the plot of your game has any benefit, unless its extremely well done, and turns out to be a fake to suprise you even more when you play the game :] But I don't think they'd waste time making a decoy and distributing it on purpose or "accident nudgenudge wink wink"

It's true .. I got the file.

IMO it's too big to be a hoax by valve .. unless they planned it since the 2003 leak.

It's 5000+ lines according to MS Word's word count.

Some of the phrases we already heared (from E3) are there.

:(

Great, now its a gamble everytime I click on a HL2 post that its not a spoiler.

No offense but why is it to big to be fake? Valve just hire a writer to do a bogus script with fake spoilers in it pay him X amount if they think its worth the surprises/hype it would generate and make sure that its long enough and has some E3 phrases in so that it's beleivable.

No one would beleive it if it was like 100 words of dialouge that had nothing to do with the E3 videos. Thats not to say that it is or isn't fake though

how many of those words are the names of characters do you think? lol
*Alyx*:blah blah blah
*Breen*:blah blah blah
*alyx*: . . .etc etc
don't count, this is a humorous post, not a inquiring one.

edit: I don't think Valve would go to the trouble of putting out a fake script. Its not going to reach a very large audience, and it would only really benefit those who read it, making a more suprising game when they played through the game.
Why would they reward people digging through the cache files?
wait, didn't they send a shirt to first person to decrypt the binks that were preloaded?
But this is a much larger scale

Why in the name of Zeus's butthole would Valve bother to write a fake script? Don't be so ridiculous.

Dedatorv said:
Does anyone have any solid evidence of this? Because all I see is some guy saying that the Half-Life 2 script got leaked, so I decided to look around on the web and I see no other reports of this. Then another guy saying he looked at it and says its there, which I HIGHLY doubt he is capable of.

Anyone have reliable information on this? And which forums did you hear it from?
I think I've got the file, but I'm not sure. It's just a big list of sentences from all the characters (not sorted in the order you'd here them in game, but by filenames)

Here's an example (this doesn't contain a spoiler, but I thought I'd put it in spoiler tags anyway)
"breencast.br_welcome06" "welcome to City 17. "

Is that the file, or do I have something different?

i too had the briefest glimpse of the script when somebody posted it in a topic before it was deleted. thankfully i didnt spoil any of it for me, i just read a bit more of whats said by breen at the start (on the screens in the station.) then i deleted it, i didnt want any real spoilers.

i suggest that nobody looks at this file if you dont want spoilers, the 'script' is not in time order, so there might be some major spoilers right at the start of the file.

Back