Funny Faces

Huummm, I dont understand no models are showing up for me. I click the HLMV.EXE in C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\login_name\sourcesdk\bin and they nothing will show up. Steam has to be on right? Without steam on it tells me it cannot work without steam. Any idea why my models wont work? I put the txt of gameinfo in the bin.

Nevermind I got it working

Happy G-man

Attachments

• stonedGman.jpg
    stonedGman.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,423
heya guys, um i hate to be the nnoob here, but id really really enjoy doing this kidna stuff, but i havent the slightest clue how, if anyone could mabey PM me when they had the time and tell me how? id really really appreciate it tank you :/

rofl its gonna be tough to take HL3 seriously after seeing more of this.

I can just imagine the mods using this technology sensibly... or not :p

Barney is so cute.

I just made him smile. I know, Im boring.

Attachments

• smile.jpg
    smile.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,329
Can anyone tell me how to change their face expression? I only got them to do various other actions.

Somefool said:
Can anyone tell me how to change their face expression? I only got them to do various other actions.

There is another tab with drop down menus and sliders. They correspond to facial muscles or positions. Just move them around until you have what you want.

Vito Dintino said:
heya guys, um i hate to be the nnoob here, but id really really enjoy doing this kidna stuff, but i havent the slightest clue how, if anyone could mabey PM me when they had the time and tell me how? id really really appreciate it tank you :/

Read this thread: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53113

Do that stuff, then open up the model viewer through the SDK portion of Steam. Load up your model and get to posing.

well i ahve the model veiwer up but i cannot find any half life 2 models, ive just seen counter strike models (hostages and such) am i looking in the wrong place?

Vito Dintino said:
well i ahve the model veiwer up but i cannot find any half life 2 models, ive just seen counter strike models (hostages and such) am i looking in the wrong place?

Read my post from right above, or just extract the models into the cstrike_sample_content folder.

Jackrabbit said:
I don't know if anybody remembers the Soundgarden video for Blackhole Sun...

:LOL:
a stoned G-man omg :E
now i wonder why we haven't seen a stoned Gordon :p

Answer my stupid question please.

How do I move it so I can center the face? Mouse 1 and 2 just zoom it and spin it around at the feet.

What do I do?

Rhalle said:
Answer my stupid question please.

How do I move it so I can center the face? Mouse 1 and 2 just zoom it and spin it around at the feet.

What do I do?

Hold shift, you can also move the lighting by holding ctrl.

Now if I could only get hlmv not to crash when I load models

(I'm trying to get a version to work illegally, and I'm pretty bad at this stuff.)

Walmart Security said:
(I'm trying to get a version to work illegally, and I'm pretty bad at this stuff.)

Using it illegally eh? I'm kinda glad it's crashing then... probably just an added security feature so you can't participate in our fun :bounce:

Oh and I swear to god nobody do any more of those retard face poses :eek:

Someone put in Laamar if you can!!! Except he really doesn't have a face =\

Ok, Moto-x_Pat...
Is it possible to move limbs, or are you photoshopping that? If it's possible, how do you do it?!

Back