Games that disappointed you?

Guildwars/factions/Anet

it's official now that old time loyal customers are getting ****ed over when the expansion comes out.

it's official that people who wants to merge their accounts will only get 2 extra character slots and not 4.

Anet can go **** themselves I'm spending my money elsewhere, I suggest any one with a shred of sanity does the same, otherwise you are just rolling over and taking it in the ass.

****ers...

Sparta said:
No way. Not even close. Paper Mario 2 had a better storyline. And its also a downright awesome game.

I'm gonna go buy Paper Mario 2.

Some people are delusional.

max payne 2

max payne i enjoyed, but the voice acting in max payne 2 just wasn't the same and when the game ended, seriously, i had no idea i was at the end of the game...

the_rebel_medic said:
Battlefield Vietnam
Definetly because we expected the world...and got a continent XD
*badoom ching*

weskerQ8 said:
Please forgive me you all, I know you are not gonna like it

The Game that disappointed me is Resident evil 4
I know its one of the best games ever, but i've got my point
They should not call it resident, evil they should call it anything else except Residend evil , because it is have nothing to do with resident evil franchise.

hope you all accept my opinion peacefully

I agree with you, despite being great, it didn't hit anywhere near my expectations.

DeusExMachinia said:
Halo 1 didn't require skill. All you need is the pistol. Hell, that's the only gun anyone I know even uses when they play Halo 1.

but that was awesome, that gun was fun.. I dont really have fun with the halo 2 guns.. especially those damn woodpecker smgs

Samon said:
I agree with you, despite being great, it didn't hit anywhere near my expectations.

I think he means the story and background, it really was not Resident Evilish at all.. it went off someplace else that I cant even really reveal without spoilers.

babyheadcrab said:
I think he means the story and background, it really was not Resident Evilish at all.. it went off someplace else that I cant even really reveal without spoilers.

yes i meant that

babyheadcrab said:

Yes, and thats what I meant. I was hoping for an actual follow up with a horror aspect and at least a somewhat decent story with puzzling. I got niether, just white knuckle action. Which is great. Just not good enough.

weskerQ8 said:
Please forgive me you all, I know you are not gonna like it

The Game that disappointed me is Resident evil 4
I know its one of the best games ever, but i've got my point
They should not call it resident, evil they should call it anything else except Residend evil , because it is have nothing to do with resident evil franchise.

hope you all accept my opinion peacefully

yeah i know what your saying, im a f****** HUUUGE RE fan, have been since the beginning, and yeah, 4 didn't have much to do with the others other then character wise, but still an amazing game none the less, can't wait for 5 :thumbs:

Halo 2
Quake 4
PD0 (by no means a bad game, but i was expecting more)
Tribes:Vengeance

Brothers in Arms: liked it but too repetative, needed more depth
Call of Duty 2: good game but ultimately more of the same with prettier graphics
Half-Life 2: almost 2 years of hype put my expectations into orbit, great game, just couldnt live up to my expectations ..which I cant even identify
Day of Defeat: Source: great graphics etc but I enjoyed DoD without the the leading edge graphics just as much if not more ...they should have brought SOMETHING new to the table
Boiling Point: great ideas, good but flawed gameplay, horribly broken by bugs
Grand Theft Auto: timed gaming is grating
Halo 2: poor clone of original

Halo 2
GTASA
DODS

And probably the most, Driver 3.

I forgot to mention DODS. Missing 90% of the maps I liked in the original and all the maps look the same. Not as fun as it used to be :(

Getaway was one heck of a letdown. And so was its sequel. But that managed to be better. But only ever so slightly.

I agree. Mostly the Getaway black monday disappointed me. It was boring, and the same thing over and over again.

Another let down had to be GTA: SA. Really, that game could be better. They could have reduced sqaure offs, made the movements a little more life like, and have a less factor of "Oh yeah right".

But it's Grand Theft Auto, and we all love it because it's fakey.

I'll list some from recent times, I wont go back to the 8 and 16-Bit systems:

Way too many to list but here are some from recent memory

These aren't necessarily bad games, in fact a couple are my favorite games ever. I expected them to be even better and therefore I was disapointed.

Counter-Strike - um this is really lame, is this a home-made game? .. oh, no wonder.. then why the hell did i pay for it?!
Halo - was great, it just didn't addict me enough to keep playing it so therefore i was disapointed
Devil May Cry 2 - uh wtf are u sure this is from CAPCOM?
Final Fantasy X-2 - WTF this is GAY! GAY GAY GAY DAMNIT .. GAY!
Doom 3 - Still one of my favorite games ever though
Breakdown - damn what a let-down after all the HYPE
Trickshot - uh..
World of Warcraft
Silent Hill 3 - hahah that monster looks ****ing stupid as hell is this a joke?
Painkiller
Sega GT
Gran Tourismo 4
Gran Tourismo 3
Call of Duty 1 & 2

HL1 and HL2

HL1 > only 50 goty awards :(

HL2 > only 35 goty awards :( :(

this is awful, what a shame

Halo 2, when the Arbiter was introduced. I enjoyed the levels on Earth the most, but the Arbiter concept was pretty lame.

Half-Life 2, simply because i expected some badass boss fight like in HL1, especially with that badass music when youre going down the elevator. Otherwise, awesome game.

Age of Empires 3

CoD 2, was expecting some destructible environments or something, turns out i got the first game with better graphics and a map pack.

Kouler said:
Halo 2, when the Arbiter was introduced. I enjoyed the levels on Earth the most, but the Arbiter concept was pretty lame.

The Arbiter was the only redeeming feature :p

It was the second most cliched feature... but at least the Master Chief didn't wake up and it was all a dream...

I can't understand everyones hatred towards Halo 2, me personally i loved Halo 1 and 2 equally and spent numerous hours on live playing Halo 2 with mates, was great fun at its time. But then again im a neutral gamer and don't really feel disappointed by games, nor do i hate any game really.

Battlefield: Vietnam is the only game I have ever smashed with a hammer. I deemed it unworthy to act even as a coaster, and the mere suggestion of selling it to some other poor sap filled my heart with a deep sadness, so I took it out back and took to it.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Some people are delusional.
Clearly, you haven't played Paper Mario 2.

Seriously, its storyline is top stuff.

Also, calling someone delusional for disagreeing with you is a fantastic way to prove how flawed your logic is.

wilka91 said:
HL1 and HL2

HL1 > only 50 goty awards :(

HL2 > only 35 goty awards :( :(

this is awful, what a shame

JOKE?!

Only 50 Goty awards?
What game has ever won more than 50?

HL1 was a ****ing masterpiece.

bigburpco said:
Return to Castle Wolfenstein. It's so frustrating! ;(

frustrating? the sp or the mp? I breezed through the single player and played mp for years

yes ...now lets never mention this again lest a million irate CS players (who can barely spell RTCW, it's true, I've seen it with my own eyes ..."R-T-S-W ..danm it to hel") come looking for our hides

Wolfenstein singleplayer was meh. I wish I had broadband ;(

CptStern said:
frustrating? the sp or the mp? I breezed through the single player and played mp for years

The part I had trouble with were the catacombs... ugh.

I used the sniper rifle to take out the guys with the shields ..or the rifle with a single headshot

Loke said:
The part I had trouble with were the catacombs... ugh.

Me too. Twas annoying, along with several other parts of the game. Final boss = push over. Great fun though.

I didnt like sp at all ..half way through I turned on cheats and ran through the rest of the game. .it was the mp that kept me so wrappend up for so long

Back