Games that disappointed you?

Halo 2 / Pariah

Halo 2 however i've had some great LAN / MP moments with, Pariah was just a total letdown (even though I enjoyed Pariah's MP demo)

Also PD:zero, I agree with the above poster about that game, pretty much a letdown when compared to the orginal Perfect Dark.

Rainbow Six: Lockdown - It is my fault. I did alot of research on this game before buying it, but ended up buying it despite the many many bad reviews and after playing the demo. Lockdown is a fun game, but it is missing so many features that a R6 game should have. My only major disappointment really, is multiplayer. It simply... does not work worth crap! I don't even get a server listing, therefore, I cannot join one.
Age of Empires III - Sure it is a fun game. It may have some great new features but overall it's just an Age of Empires II on drugs. Age III doesn't offer any different kind of gameplay.

Pariah - Worst FPS of all time!

Act of War: Direct Action - SP was ok MP it was just to hard to get a game going

Bet On Soldier: Blood Sport - Got it free with my amd pross. Still havnt finished it.

Command & Conquer Generals/Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour - Every 2-3 games you get kicked for having a Firewall when you dont. People disconnecting randoming, just plain out stupid to play online.

Command & Conquer Renegade - Should have been released this year with the CryTek engine and in true form. Building bases with a commander Superweapons the true FPS/RTS merger! Still waiting on my dream to come true.

Deus Ex: Invisible War - Was still Deus Ex and was still good compared to other games but just doesnt come close to the 1st part.

Far Cry - Could have been one of the best games of all time. Only if it had a story.

QUAKE 4 - ugh.....Why did they do this? Its Quake 2 with better GFX. Fun game but not anything special or great.

Serious Sam II - Still playing it but the way the levels work is really anouying.

AmishSlayer said:
Halo 2 - Cop out on the SP storyline and MP is a joke. Take Halo 1 MP, subtract everything that made it a skill game and voila

Halo 1 didn't require skill. All you need is the pistol. Hell, that's the only gun anyone I know even uses when they play Halo 1.

Fahrenheit, yeah. It went completely outright loco near the end.

Also, NOT PSYCHONAUTS. Because that didn't disappoint in any way shape or form.

Sheikah42 said:
i guess so. i mean the story line was horrible, the graphics completely blew, and the game play was the same thing over and over. run to another grey room and kill the same exact enemies.

was it even scary????

:| you are now my least favourite person on this forum :(

Jintor said:
Also, NOT PSYCHONAUTS. Because that didn't disappoint in any way shape or form.
you really want people to know about Psychonauts dont you...

Well, I'll add some more.

Perfect Dark 0 - very much a huge letdown. Good fun, but that doesn't amount to much anymore.

Quake 4 - speaks for itself.

Samon said:
Perfect Dark 0 - very much a huge letdown. Good fun, but that doesn't amount to much anymore.

Quake 4 - speaks for itself.
Wow, same on both counts.

Here's to hoping for Prey and GoW.

HL2- good experience, but not good as a game. Also the first and only FPS where I got tired of killing things.

Halo 2... Halo 1 had a good single player... I hated Halo 2's single player.

DeusExMachinia said:
Halo 1 didn't require skill. All you need is the pistol. Hell, that's the only gun anyone I know even uses when they play Halo 1.

That's exactly what kept the skill in the game. The pistol was like the ruler for each player's skill. If you got in a fight it didn't come down to who started shooting first like in Halo 2. It actually came down to skill with the weapon you had.

Halo 2 just had all the skill wiped from it so it could appeal to more people. Autoaim is more effective than ever, no need to lead people when sniping, what little skill there was with the rocket launcher is gone with lock-ons for vehicles, hell, even melee gets some help.

See this video to see what I mean in terms of autoaim and whatnot.
http://media.putfile.com/h2in

Yeah. I loved Halo, and while Halo 2 was fun, it was nowhere near as good.

Not feeling like thinking of all the games that dissapointed me, but I'll tell you something about HL2.

It was good. Not as good as Valve tried to make it look before the release, though. I was watching the BINKs and was AMAZED. Shame that many of the things I was excited about turned out to be scripted and were not in the game. The AI was not revolutionary.

Halo 2, Unreal 2, Doom 3, Deus Ex 2, the EA sports NHL series since 2002 ...

Kamikazie said:
you really want people to know about Psychonauts dont you...

Yes. Yes i do.

*buy psychonauts*

Hmm... i've been playing great games that haven't dissapointed for over a month now. It's like some sort of nirvanna of gaming.

WoW - Sheesh, in the end there is nothing to work for, just more farming. After...so...much...grinding :(

Call of Duty 2 - I really don't know what was lacking. Was it the personality of Sgt. Moody? Was it the variety of missions instead of just clearing house after house of grey clad fascists? After such an explosive introduction (charging across that field was by far the best level I have played in a long time) it seemed to grind to a halt...only boosted by Pointe Du hoc, the tank missions and "Rangers lead the way" (would have been the best level...if the charge was a little longer). The last mission was a massive letdown.

Being sarcastic doesn't really make any improvement on you :p

Doom 3 - nothing like the original, and lacking everything that made it great.

Halo 2 - not nearly as good as Halo in single player or co-op.

HL2 - only because my expectations were so high. I expected the best game ever, and for the first two chapters it was. Things slowly went downhill from there. oh, and the combat is poor.

Super Mario Sunshine - not worthy to kiss the ass of SM64

Mario Kart DD - a turd of a game. Thank god Nintendo sorted the series out for the DS version.

PDZ - as good as this is (i've spent more hours on this in co-op than on HL2, Doom3 and FEAR put together), its just not as good as Golden Eye or the original (then again, what is??)

Darksabre said:
Call of Duty 2 - I really don't know what was lacking. Was it the personality of Sgt. Moody? Was it the variety of missions instead of just clearing house after house of grey clad fascists? After such an explosive introduction (charging across that field was by far the best level I have played in a long time) it seemed to grind to a halt...only boosted by Pointe Du hoc, the tank missions and "Rangers lead the way" (would have been the best level...if the charge was a little longer). The last mission was a massive letdown.

Really? I loved every bit of it. It may have been dull it you played it on anything easier than 'Hardened'. <3 Private Magregor and his beard as well :D

Sheikah42 said:
i guess so. i mean the story line was horrible, the graphics completely blew, and the game play was the same thing over and over. run to another grey room and kill the same exact enemies.

was it even scary????

I completely agree. Hell I almost tore up the CD in complete bordom during that whole sequence with the whole ruined house stuff. (And many other times before that. But that was about the point I just couldn't care any more.)

Not to mention tired horror cliches, lack of any redeaming and memorable parts of story. No memorable characters, a severe lack of any information about anything at all. For a government agency there is a distinct lack of knowlege and lack of operative informing procedures Oh and an AI that has some major shortcomings in the cognitive thought department.

I mean seriously, it would have been nice to be told what half the stuff in the world was. Even if it is the commander dude telling you the name of that armoured suit that just smashed through the wall at you was or what the hell those really out of place laser droid things (I mean seriously, what the hell?) The dude in charge is meant to be looking over you at all times,. it'd be nice if he could give you a hand or some info every now and again. In the end it all felt like someone just thought up a cool list of things they could put in a game and then put it all together with no regard for story whatsoever.

I have to say, thats the biggest load of bollocks i've heard in a long time. The storyline in F.E.A.R is one of the deepest i've seen in a while, once completed all the stuff that didn't make sense during the game eventually becomes clear, which makes it all worthwhile, however im sure what didn't get answered in F.E.A.R will get answered in the Sequel.

BIA
Halo 2
Half-life 2 wasn't dissapointing until I realized it wasn't fun to re-play
Doom 3 was a lot less dissapointing than I thought it would be...hell is cool.

Drackard said:
I have to say, thats the biggest load of bollocks i've heard in a long time. The storyline in F.E.A.R is one of the deepest i've seen in a while, once completed all the stuff that didn't make sense during the game eventually becomes clear, which makes it all worthwhile, however im sure what didn't get answered in F.E.A.R will get answered in the Sequel.

Not if it's anything like half life :p

Warbie said:
Doom 3 - nothing like the original, and lacking everything that made it great.

Halo 2 - not nearly as good as Halo in single player or co-op.

HL2 - only because my expectations were so high. I expected the best game ever, and for the first two chapters it was. Things slowly went downhill from there. oh, and the combat is poor.

Super Mario Sunshine - not worthy to kiss the ass of SM64

Mario Kart DD - a turd of a game. Thank god Nintendo sorted the series out for the DS version.

PDZ - as good as this is (i've spent more hours on this in co-op than on HL2, Doom3 and FEAR put together), its just not as good as Golden Eye or the original (then again, what is??)
;( ;( ;( Why?

Not to many games stand out that I'm seriously dissapointed in, but I'd have to say that Halo 2 can be pretty dissapointing. I still think its a pretty entertaining game, but the SP is mediocre, and the fact that shield regen so quick and it's practically one hit kill without shields means that matches with someone even just a bit better than you turn out very one-sided and boring. In general, MP matches in Halo 2 all seem pretty predictable, with very few surprising moments.

-Battlefield Vietnam: Mediocre game in most regards...though I did play a fair bit of it...
-Medal of Honor: AA: Not bad but since I played it after CoD, it just wasn't the same (the fact that I got it for $1.14 CAD, the deluxe edition no less, helps me sleep a bit better at night)
-Need for Speed: Porshe Unleased: Not bad, but I like High Skates infinetely better
-Ambulance Driver: The single worst game I've ever played.
-Counter Strike: One of the most overrated games that I've ever played. That and Halo. Bf series (well, not BF:V) ftw
-Half-Life 2: Those E3 videos ruined it. Every little thing was some much more significant in those videos...like the pop machines that broke...why couldn't they do that...they had it in HL1 for crying out loud. sigh. fun game none the less...but it could have been so much more...

Oh yes, Black and White 2. I was expecting something so much more awesome than Black and White 1. But it turned out to be just various shades of mediocre.

Halo 2
Not intense like the original, no part of the game stuck out, terrible level design, all guns feel weak.

Deus Ex(yeah right!): Invisible War
This shouldn't even be aloud to be afiliated with Deus Ex. Simplifed to the point of insanity.

Command and Conquer(again, yeah right!): Generals
Only as a C&C game. As a stand alone it was quite good.

Myst
Boring, couldn't bring myself to get past the first island

Enter the Matrix
Need I say more?

Drackard said:
The storyline in F.E.A.R is one of the deepest i've seen in a while
No way. Not even close. Paper Mario 2 had a better storyline. And its also a downright awesome game.

I'm gonna go buy Paper Mario 2.

Grey Fox said:
;( ;( ;( Why?

It didn't feel like a Mario game to me. SM64 felt just like the originals, but in 3d (a massive achievement considering it has a whole extra dimension :))

Not only that - the levels weren't as inventive or interesting, there was less to do, less freedom, the water pack sucked balls, and Nintendo managed to ruin the water levels by introducing a new way of swimming that was really quite poor (it was so right in SM64, why change it?!!)

I thought the 'Void levels' were great, though.

It's not a bad game, but disappointing because it's not nearly as good as the previous 4 in the series. Fingers crossed for Mario 128 :)

going off topic for a second, but holy crap! I think this is a first for me. A successfull topic! :imu:

hey, good job. clap clap clap.
Oh yeah, I forgot to add Command and Conquer: Generals. Started out not bad, but was a meh game. The fact that I'm not big on strategy games doesn't help much either.

Please forgive me you all, I know you are not gonna like it

The Game that disappointed me is Resident evil 4
I know its one of the best games ever, but i've got my point
They should not call it resident, evil they should call it anything else except Residend evil , because it is have nothing to do with resident evil franchise.

hope you all accept my opinion peacefully

Back