Games that disappointed you?

I loved RTCW, probably because Wolf 3D was the first game I ever played. The catacombs scared the bejesus out of me (this was a long time ago!). The MP was great, its just a pity I didnt have broadband back then...

But yeah, disappointing games? Have to be Deus Ex 2. Its just a castrated version of Deus Ex. Typical dumbing down for the console market.

RTCW was my first online FPS multiplayer (late starter) and I loved it. Until Diablo 2 seduced me.

Most disappointing - Halflife 2
Don't get me wrong, it was a good game when it worked, but hampered by an unnecessary authentification system that didn't work for days after release, and that horrible stuttery bug that fanboys and even devs just didn't want to acknowledge. 'well it works ok on MY system, so burn at the stake for heresy.'

too easy, too linear, too short a game for so much trouble getting it to work. And I was looking forward to playing it for 2 years, sheesh.

CR0M said:
RTCW was my first online FPS multiplayer (late starter) and I loved it. Until Diablo 2 seduced me.

Most disappointing - Halflife 2
Don't get me wrong, it was a good game when it worked, but hampered by an unnecessary authentification system that didn't work for days after release, and that horrible stuttery bug that fanboys and even devs just didn't want to acknowledge. 'well it works ok on MY system, so burn at the stake for heresy.'

too easy, too linear, too short a game for so much trouble getting it to work. And I was looking forward to playing it for 2 years, sheesh.

Is there a patch that will allow it to run on XP? I got it but it doesn't but all that happens is that a black screen appears.

Yeah I actually prefered the fight between me, the nazi's and the zombies, classic moments

Back