GAmespots final hours delayed ?

imagine how crazy it will be here when hl2 is 1 minute from being released.

anyway... 1 min 20 sec left!!!

it's "live".. but how do you get to it ? reloading the page won't work

anybody got a link ?

edit : it's just a teaser page, the real deal is somewhere else

what is this? what is everyone waiting for? is hl2 being released?
wtf am i missing?
damn i hate missing things

Holy shit, I'm not going to finish this. This article is possibly the most boring, long winded pile of sugar coated crap I have ever read. At least three time per page they try to make me feel sorry for Valve. Yawn.

Wow 25 pages....

I'm done :)

uhh.. saving it to disk that is..

God this is such a load of crap, I sure the writer must be getting oral sex from Gabe or something.

For years Newell had worked to make Valve a safe creative haven for the best and brightest in the business. He was the video game equivalent of the X-Men's Professor X, running his own school for the gifted.

This whole article is a joke.

iamaelephant said:
Holy shit, I'm not going to finish this. This article is possibly the most boring, long winded pile of sugar coated crap I have ever read. At least three time per page they try to make me feel sorry for Valve. Yawn.

Quit yer bellyaching

I'm pretty far, and its good. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Robin Williams expressed interest in voicing the alien character Voiteguart, but scheduling conflicts prevented him from playing the role).
Wait - THE alien character? :D

On that note, one cabal has already started work on what Newell refers to as the "ATI levels," a series of single-player levels that will require a super-high-end graphics card to run. Valve hopes to release those over Steam later this year. Newell is hoping that the other cabals will move on to creating episodic single-player content that will be released in chunks over Steam. One tentative plan calls for Valve to start developing an episodic game that lets players assume the role of Alyx Vance. "I'd love to play a game that tells the story of Alyx and Doc, her pet Robot," Newell says.

Awesome!

The article is cool I think. Maybe too many spoiler though :( "The alien character"??
But ati levels... YAS :D

That was a well written article IMO.

Just got done reading it :)

When I Read the:
I was sitting on the train at the time browsing my new Internet phone. I was so excited that I fainted...wet my pants and then had my wallet stolen.

Then I woke up on the wrong end of town (London). Read the artical again. Fainted, wet my pants and had my shoes stolen.

Then I woke up in another City. Read the artical again....well...you know how it goes. By the time I made it home I was totally nekked and still excited. :D

:LOL:

I love the not-so subtle references to id software and the bullshit/boring games they produce. Ahh Gabe :D

Well, I just hate the idea that our games might waste people's time. Why spend four years of your life building something that isn't innovative and is basically pointless?
ahaha Doom 3 lloll

Final Hours said:
At first the team considered designing a game where Gordon would teleport to various planets around the galaxy and combat the Xen aliens from the first game. But Laidlaw says the team ultimately rejected that idea because it would be hard to create continuity between levels.

Oh thank Jesus they didn't go through with that idea. What scares me is the fact that they only scrapped the idea because of the continuity problem...I think that's just a terrible idea to do in the first place. I probably wouldn't buy HL2 if I knew it was going to be like that.

Ultimately, they said. I'm sure there were various other reasons like "that just plain sux"

AmishSlayer said:
Oh thank Jesus they didn't go through with that idea. What scares me is the fact that they only scrapped the idea because of the continuity problem...I think that's just a terrible idea to do in the first place. I probably wouldn't buy HL2 if I knew it was going to be like that.

Yeah, that would be good but not nearly as good as the original. :)

I read the article, but I didn't look at any of the game design concepts or Ravenholm drawings for obvious reasons.

But now I'm REALLY looking forward to the icebreaker level(s).

iamaelephant said:
God this is such a load of crap, I sure the writer must be getting oral sex from Gabe or something.

This whole article is a joke.

You're an absolute class A-1 troll/jerk. Feel free to leave this site and never come back. You obviously have some axe to grind against Valve - even when they admit their mistakes and flaws, it's still not good enough for you. Obviously, NOTHING they do will ever be good enough for you. I really see no reason for you remaining a part of this community. There's the door - feel free to use it.

I hope others feel the same way I do too.

GorgeousOrifice said:
I read the article, but I didn't look at any of the game design concepts or Ravenholm drawings for obvious reasons.

But now I'm REALLY looking forward to the icebreaker level(s).

The Borealis level has been cut from the final game.

SFLUFAN said:
The Borealis level has been cut from the final game.

The article says that a sequence inside the icebreaker's engine room was cut, not that the whole icebreaker sequence was cut.

Hmmm...good point. But from what I understand, the icebreaker sequence "lost" its place in the overall context of the game because the development went in a different direction (this is according to sources on the "unmentionable" HL2 fan site).

Though, we'll find out soon won't we? :)

SFLUFAN said:
You're an absolute class A-1 troll/jerk. Feel free to leave this site and never come back. You obviously have some axe to grind against Valve - even when they admit their mistakes and flaws, it's still not good enough for you. Obviously, NOTHING they do will ever be good enough for you. I really see no reason for you remaining a part of this community. There's the door - feel free to use it.

I hope others feel the same way I do too.

OMG thanks !! :thumbs:
I feel exactly the same way about him but my english is not good enough to tell him the way you told him !
This guy is so unpleasant :monkee:

I do not even know why the admins tolerates him here.

Back