Garg vs. Strider

Garg vs Strider

• Garg

Votes: 98 43.0%
  • Strider

Votes: 130 57.0%

• Total voters
strider would win. in the e3 2004 video remeber that attack with the cannon that made the guys glow red and your ears pop? im guessing that beam is the same beam that transports you into the alien world in hl1. cause in the e3 video the guy dissapeared as a result of being hit with the beam. so all a strider needs to do it use that and blast the mother f***** from where it came from. :p problem sloved.

How can people not see that Garg would beat the hell out of a strider. It would use its stomp attack to knock the strider off balance, cook it up with its crazy arm flamethrower things, then beat the hell out of it with its massive arms. All the strider can do then is reflect on how pathetic it truly is compared to Garg.

I actually took out the first garg and didn't know about the generators being able to kill it untill well after that point hehe. The second garg (or was it third? the one in the carpark anyway) I took out by putting about 5 laser mines on the floor and a bunch of satchel charges. I ran back through the door into the hall, he stood right infront of it.

Me: "Clixzor wtf lol!!1!111 <click>
Garg: "Wtfzor?"

<boom>

Me: "Lol wtf it 3xpl0ded rofl!!11"
Bits of garg: <plop>

And there you go, a fine walkthrough.

Bait said:
How can people not see that Garg would beat the hell out of a strider. It would use its stomp attack to knock the strider off balance, cook it up with its crazy arm flamethrower things, then beat the hell out of it with its massive arms. All the strider can do then is reflect on how pathetic it truly is compared to Garg.

dude how the hell do you know that the strider is flammable? maybe the combines designed it to that it cant be lit on fire.
and the strider can always use its arms and poke the garg right in the eye like a hot knife through butter.

The garg hands down. Although the strider has some powerful guns the garg would break the strider.

Um, there's no contest. The Garg has flame-throwers that do damage up close. The Strider has a main gun that deconstucts matter at range. And Batman would study any and all possible weaknesses of the Garg before forumlating a battle plan, then he'd whip its ass.

the most likely scenario has Batman hijacking the Strider and zapping the Garg.

Mad Dog said:
Um, there's no contest. The Garg has flame-throwers that do damage up close. The Strider has a main gun that deconstucts matter at range. And Batman would study any and all possible weaknesses of the Garg before forumlating a battle plan, then he'd whip its ass.

the most likely scenario has Batman hijacking the Strider and zapping the Garg.

Anyone who wears a plastic suit with nipples should be disregarded from this contest.

* I mean the gay movie Batman, before I'm getting chased by rampaging comic geeks.

Tied it up again... I voted Garg.

He can just melt the striders legs with that super heat blower thing.

Or make it stumble with his shockwaves.

It's classic melee vs. ranged...the garg would probably manhandle the strider up close, but he can't get there because the strider will use his uber beam that melts things from a distance and Mr. Garg would be vaporized.

Welllllllll........ the garg cant be harmed by gunfire......... machinegun useless........... GARG KICK ASSS

Marshmallow and Bob, both true, but we don't know the power of that Vaporiser gun... Whether it can completely vaporise something so big.

I still say Garg.

Nope. I killed that one with grenades. It was the one I used to test whether you could or not.

Are you sure it wasn't one of the smaller non-boss gargs in the game?

I voted garg just because he would bull-run right into the striders legs and throw it off balance... or use his rumble attack or whatever...

at a range the strider would win by far.... although the strider might be able to run really fast if the garg got up close.... (Like when you get close to a spider and it takes off running pretty damn fast, i'd love to see a strider run that fast, it'd be kind of creepy and scary and awesome to watch at the same time)

Also this is a really close\good poll

A garg I think, as has already been said it'd just take out the Striders legs.

i dont think the vaporizer gun could handle something so big gorden got hit with it but he diddent die.....but then again hes Gordan freeman

UndercoverBob said:
i dont think the vaporizer gun could handle something so big gorden got hit with it but he diddent die.....but then again hes Gordan freeman
Uhh... The only time he did get hit DIRECTLY with that gun was in E3 2003, and he did die instantly.

The other times the Strider shot in his general area, (Trying to hit more targets! Cool AI!) And he was critically damaged.

Gordon's balls o' steel reflected the beam back at the strider vaporizing him instantly.

Gordon owns all

a 50 foot strider, this thing could walk over the garg without the garg even touching it. The strider is really fast with those legs, the pointy ends of the legs seem to have good grip with the ground. The balance is actually pretty good, it stabbed that poor guy in the e3 2003 video with one leg in the air. The only question is how strong is this thing.

I wonder what other crazy spider like creatures modders will make.

but....but......but....the Garg he's so just .....Awesome

The garg would own the strider, in melee he would anyway... at range, he's useless.

i'd like to see Strider vs Headcrab :)

HEADCRAB oh yea he would win and we would have a citizen:"oh noooooooo strider.....WtF whys there a tentical OH SH*t RUN" oh yea thats right strider zombie

oldagerocker said:
i'd like to see Strider vs Headcrab :)

LOL that would be funny......a little headcrab tryin to leap up and attack a strider.

UndercoverBob said:
i wish strider was an alein so it could be zombieafied
Who said it had to be an alien? The only zombies we have seen are humans! Where did zombifying aliens come from?

I think what you meant was that you wish they were living organisms... And even then I think they are just a tad too big. ;)

I would think that the garg would win.

With hl coming out with hl2 could't somebody make a mod with the two fighting?

Strider, I think. I haven't seen any evidence that you CAN kill these bastards, they take a lot of punishment, as is shown in the E32k4 vid!

im just saying it would be cool ya and ur right about the orginizims things oh and i heard from somewhere i cant remember where that in HL2 aliens like the xen slave can be zombied

Ha! Mortal fools!

There is one thing that can take down all those punny specimens referenced prior in this post.

Make way for the...

:flame: :flame: :flame: HELLKNIGHT :flame: :flame: :flame:​

someone has been locked up in there room playing doom3 for too long
"ahem" mirageacg "ahem"

.......what..................omg what......that that just isent possible. if he isent il make a garg mod where you get to be a garg and kill gabe for making that choice

I think it depends on the situation, close combat and tight spaces = garg easy, but wide open areas and strider has a distinct advantage. It would be good to see Garg in HL2

Tough call...

From a distance, The Strider could probably take out the Garg with it's crazy powerful blue beam.

But in close range combant, the Garg would probably just knock out the Strider's legs and fry 'em while it's on the ground.

Batman beats them both.

Garg has range and melee attacks...

Striders, on the other hand... Walk around at Mach 4 speed and shoot scary little space-twister things.

Go Garg.

strider. its faster and smarter and can just doge it.

BTW i can kill the Garg with only a crowbar :) (just nail it in the butt, it has to turn around.)

Alot of noobs to HL will more than likely choose the strider simply cause thats all they know....IMO Im gonna have to go with the garg dont think the strider would stand a chance....on a side note is garg making a comeback in HL2 does anyone know?

HELLKNIGHT Defeats all. Period. No argument. No Contest. No what if's. The end.

ok get out of you dark doom3 themed room and go outside
thats what i need to do to

Back