Garg vs. Strider

Garg vs Strider

• Garg

Votes: 98 43.0%
  • Strider

Votes: 130 57.0%

• Total voters
Garg ONZ JOO ALL!!, but I don't think that red laser that it throws at you when it stomps would hurt the strider in any way, in HL, that red laser would just go through walls and cars, and the strider is kinda like a machine.
But once the Garg gets up close and personal, it'll grab the strider by the huevos and barbecue him :D

strider is to tall and garg would just chase strider and strider would get to a place where road is to thin and garg would come around the corner then strider would let out a big girly scream and garg would charge strider and strider would be roasted like a rotiserary chicken on one of his huge legs.

he's my pet strider but my pet garg killed him as exsplained
striders named strider and gargs named garg

I wonder how a Gonarch would do? Tag team with the Garg?

I can see a battle royal with a Strider, Garg, Gonarch, Nihilanth, and maybe a Tentacle thrown in for good measure....oh and Batman.

The hydra would pwn the tentacle before the tentacles could pwn the strider, and the strider pwns the garg, which pwns batman, who pwns superman, who pwns the hydra.

The Strider is winning in the polls, and rightfully so. The Garg is so his bitch.

strider because it has that big thing it shoots ... that antimatter space vortex whatever the hell gun...

Cooper said:
I can see a battle royal with a Strider, Garg, Gonarch, Nihilanth, and maybe a Tentacle thrown in for good measure....oh and Batman.

And Predator, Alien, Superman, Arnold, Stalone, Jacky Chan, Jet Li and of course ... Jean-Claude

The Strider has the anti-matter space warping death projectile. The Garg is too big of a target not to miss.

The garg would bash, fry, and then stomp the strider beyond recognition.

Then the Strider would fire his antimatter gun and annihilate the Garg, which, in turn explodes and destroys the strider.

Sorry to say it but the winner would be the Strider as the Garg is so damn stupid :(

how do you say Garg? is it Gargul and just take the "ul" off hehe as in garguling rinsing you mouth out, just a question

any 1 got a pic what they look like probly seen 1 of those Gargantua just want to see 1 if i have, and i no what a STRIIIIIIIIIDDDDDEEEEEEEERRRRRRR looks like hehe

Incitatus said:
oh... it most definately could

Just hide in a corner, couple of grenades and it was gone

I wonder what kind of mysterious gargs you fought against... Those I encountered had to get nuked into oblivion before they gave up.

I had to basically waste every rocket, grenade and bomb to get rid of them.

I still believe the Garg can win, just embest the strider and the strider fall

Garg would kick ass like none other. I think that the Garg is faster than a Strider. From what I've seen, striders are pretty damn slow. Garg would just close the distance, whack the hell out of the strider, and proceed to stomp its puny head into City 17's sewer system.

There is no challenge here.

garg, no doubt. It could pick up a strider and throw it like the Hulk tossing a tank, or tie it's legs in a pretty bow. :)

I really can't see the Strider being put off balance by the Gargs clumsy arms. All it has to do is readjust its balance on the 2 supporting legs.

Then there's the question over whether the flame attack is powerful enough. I don't recall it killing you instantly in HL. And we've seen how many rockets the Strider can take.

Finally we have to factor in the Striders increased range. What makes you assume the Garg would even get close?

subtlesnake said:
I really can't see the Strider being put off balance by the Gargs clumsy arms. All it has to do is readjust its balance on the 2 supporting legs.

Then there's the question over whether the flame attack is powerful enough. I don't recall it killing you instantly in HL. And we've seen how many rockets the Strider can take.

Finally we have to factor in the Striders increased range. What makes you assume the Garg would even get close?

1. Garg would stomp and that crazy red crap would fly out and knock around the strider, then Garg would knock the flimsy thing to the ground.

2. Flame attack pwnz j00. Try playing the game on hard and stand in front of a Garg and tell me how that works out for you.

3. Garg is surprisingly quick for such a huge behemoth. Unless it is half way across town, it would close the gap pretty quickly.

Bottom line = Strider iz t3h pwnt.

Bait said:
3. Garg is surprisingly quick for such a huge behemoth. Unless it is half way across town, it would close the gap pretty quickly.

Running for the Garg in HL1 = scarriest thing evah.

PvtRyan said:
Running for the Garg in HL1 = scarriest thing evah.
That still gets my heart pumping and I get that unpleasant feeling in my stomach that's rising up in the throat...

I think what would be coolest if a Strider showed up at the A site suddenly just as both teams rush it. That would make CS a hella lot more interesting.

redpoints said:
I think what would be coolest if a Strider showed up at the A site suddenly just as both teams rush it. That would make CS a hella lot more interesting.

Greatest. Idea. EVAR.

hopefully that incident will be included as a random surprise in the next update.

MOAHAHA! The Strider will first shoot the Gargg in it's face with it's al mighty machinegun! Then it will fire it's über laser! And the.... For the grand finalé! It will impale the Gargs head and fry it into dust! HAHA! Take that Garg lovers!

Bait said:
Try playing the game on hard and stand in front of a Garg and tell me how that works out for you.

Even on Easy difficult setting, you just last a couple of seconds before you die of the heat.

Agreed.

Bait said:
1. Garg would stomp and that crazy red crap would fly out and knock around the strider, then Garg would knock the flimsy thing to the ground.

2. Flame attack pwnz j00. Try playing the game on hard and stand in front of a Garg and tell me how that works out for you.

1. The stomp attack isn't massively damaging, and I doubt it could knock a strider off it's feet. I think you're judging the strider based on your own preconceptions of how it should move. The Striders shown in the videos were incredibly dexterous and nimble, being able balance on only 2 legs. They're certainely not flimsy.

2. Well the player isn't made of steel so I'd hope so.

3. And do what exactly? The Strider still has greater reach and can move it's legs out of the way with ease.

the strider has three legs!! and i remeber reading in pc gamer that the striders could run really fast in open space.

also to save me the trouble of reading through 8 pages, is the strider a animal/alien or a vehicle? it looks kind of robotic in some pictures

Argh, i voted Strider because his gun is very good and will just pulverize the Garg before it gets close. But both are a high level of "ass kickage".

iF>

Back