Gman + scientist conversation, translated (partially)

Status
Not open for further replies.
alyks said:
why don't we just noclip into the room
Why don't you try that yourself first and realize it doesn't work, rather than having someone do your work for you.

What we need is some voice recording reconstruction software. Like what you might see on CSI. Anyone a cop?

gmanmumble4: "If I wanted to send him I would have certainly."

Sounds like that.

I think gman_2 is -

You must not find that out

or maybe

He must not find that out

Scientist-I've told you 100 times how I'm opposed to pushing the equipment beyond its test levels.
G-man 1- This is not your decision to make.
G-man 2- You must not tell anyone
G-man 3- I won't be giving you an answer you wouldn't want.
G-man 4- If I had one wish..I would send him
G-man 5- My employers don't agree with that
G-man 6- You're a scientist and a fraud, ta ta
So I haven't found anything new :thumbs:

Is it just me or does the end of g-man mumble 6 sound like hes doing an impression of a duck quacking

Gman 1 - "This is not your decision to make."
Gman 2 - "You must be joking...Haha."
Gman 3 - "I wont be getting it off you."
Gman 4 - "If I had one disease to sacrafice, I would certainly."
Gman 5 - "My employers get to beee."
Gman 6 - "You're a scientist, and afraid? Wawa."
- - - - - "You're a scientists aren't afraid. Wawa."
Gman 7 - "I told you a hundred times, I am opposed to just pushing the equipment beyond this test level."
- - - - - "I've told you a hundred times, I am opposed to just pusing the under tickets beyond this test level."

I think gman 3 is:"I don't think anyone asked you what you want".

Gman 5 kind of sounds like either:My employers dr Breen!
or:My employers gotta breed???,(ha ha! don't know why but I laughed at that one! :LOL:

Tytarian said:
I think gman 3 is:"I don't think anyone asked you what you want".

Gman 5 kind of sounds like either:My employers dr Breen!
or:My employers gotta breed???,(ha ha! don't know why but I laughed at that one! :LOL:

As ive said before i think anything pointing concretely at things in halflife 2 is very unlikely, as that part of the story did not exist in such details at this point, so both your "My employers dr breen" or the other "my emplyoer wants to lead" is pretty far fetched. And quite francly i think such interpetations come closer to wishfull thinking than reality.

Within the context of the discussion and after listening to this phrase i have concluded that its most likely the sentance is "My employers dont agree"

G-Man the administrator??
I have worked some things out that are quite similar to the other guys things aswell but I have one other thought.

Scientist: I've told you 100 times i'm opposed to pushing the equipment beyond the test levels.

G-Man 1 : This is not your decision to make.

G-Man 2 : He must not get in the way. (Gordon?)

G-Man 3 : I want you to give me an answer you wont regret.

G-Man 4 : If I had one of those suits i would certainly...(HEV suits?)

G-Man 5 : My employers don't agree with that.(who are the employers?)

G-Man 6 : You are a scientist and afraid, (bye bye)? (so there)? (shut up)? (to die)?

And my other thought is you know when you talk with the scientists they keep telling you about how the administrator wants them to push the equipment to the next level! Well couldnt it be that G-Man was just supposed to be the administrator, but Valve noticed how the community made a big mystery about him and took the two apart to make a seperate administrator and keep G-Man for somethig else.

NeLi said:
I'm really enjoying reading about your ****ed up attempts to dissect and rebuild these sentences.

Good Luck.

I am really enjoying gettin off on your avatar! :p

G_Man_3_- I wanted to come here and ask you if (trails off)
G_Man_4- If I had one more option, I would certainly.. (trails off)
G_Man_5- My employers just dont agree.
G_Man_6 - You are a scientist and a fraud. Back off.

Might the G-Man be talking to Breen?

My abd guys, but where is this audio located? If i'm correct its HL1 (if not I swaer that i will never post here again...) but where in teh directory is it?

Can someone give me the direct path?

ex. C:programFiles/halflife50000000/audio/gman

Thanks, thsi sounds really interesting...

Gman4: "If I had one little inkling that that would detonate"

Gman3: "I wanted remind you what you are"

and science mumble isnt "i told you a hundred times how am i opposed to be pushing this equipment beyond its test levels" ...its "I told you a hundred times how am I supposed to be pushing this equipment beyond its test levels"

most likely they are bantering back and forth about the time machine ..making it faster....

where is this conversation in the game? What level? I would like to join the decoding...

Im not sure but i think it is at the start of hl1, you look through some glass and you see gman talking with a sci

iicehawk15 said:
where is this conversation in the game? What level? I would like to join the decoding...

I would like this question answered. specifically.

Mac said:
I would like this question answered. specifically.
In anamoulous materials, you go towards the wrong airlock behind the computer bank room and on your way you pass several room, one of them has the g-man + generic scientist in it.

SnowBall said:
If this is true, and the G-man hired you to work for his employer (Breen and the combine) then you know that you must betray him in Half-Life 2 to join the rebels.

snowball are u stupid? no offense but i didnt notice anyone betraying the gman in half life 2.... and it wouldnt make sense if the gman worked for the combine, unless this is the most twisted story ever and the gman doesnt like his boss

G-Man 6:

"Shh, Kilener, keep your voice down. They'll put on headphones and turn the volume way up, and then wer'e screwed. Plus, I already told you I was Gordon."

I've only read the first few pages, so I apologise if anyone has said this, but it seems to me that the gman_6.wav says "You scientists aren't above the law"

So did somebody manage to extract the raw audio stream from the game; before it's dulled out by the glass/distance?

the glass doesn't change the sound, the dulling is already processed

SnowBall said:
If this is true, and the G-man hired you to work for his employer (Breen and the combine) then you know that you must betray him in Half-Life 2 to join the rebels.

Im almost positive G-man doesnt work for Dr. Breen. Check out that half life 2 overview site. It has some pretty good theories on the G-Man

i skipped an assload of pages ..but..this is what it sounds like to me
Scientist: "I've told you a hundred times how I'm opposed to pushing the equipment beyond the test levels."

Gman1: "It is not your decision to make."
Gman2: "Blahblawhblawh, dadada!"
Gman3: "I want/won't ............................."
Gman4: "If I had one reason......................"
Gman5: "I implore you, doctor, to leave."
or "I am planning, doctor, to leave."
Gman6: "The/Your scientists aren't ..................."

Mechagodzilla said:
More interpretation:
G-man 1:
This is not what the system is permitted?
This is not what has been implemented?
This is not what has been recommended?

I think its: "this is not what the system can make"

g man 1 definatly says:this is not your desision to make!
g man 2 im not sure but:you must not exit it.(or get exited makes more sense)
g man 3 almost sure:i wont be getting along with you _______
g man 4 not sure on last bit:if i had one with me ________ and it wouldnt make hell???
g man 5: im positive:my employers dont agree!
g man 5 cant be sure but:your scientist and your afraid?of what?
scientist:ive told you a hundred times im not supposed to push equipment beond safe limits!

I normalised and grain amplified gman6 and this is what I came up with
"You Scientists are a fraud, Ta Ta" ;(

Attachments

• New WinZip File.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 245
I think its too distorted to get anything accurate on 6. but it sounds to me like.. 'you scientist's are afraid! of what?!'.

3 is 'I wont be getting along with you after this'

1 is definately 'this is not your decision to make'

Interesting... Will try to remember to check out when I get home after seeing the new SW movie tonight...

Oh and welcome abord m8 :)

Program_boy232 said:
Welcome, and you sig is wrong, because it's Marvin the Paranoid android :)
But whatever, nice on the clearup. Not that I would ever believe the Gman to say "ta ta"
EDIT: Yeah, old thread :E

Program_boy232 said:
Maybe the Gman want to try out for choir! "Ta Ta"

damn noobs can't stop spamming.

Now I have to lock what was once a good thread.

(note; wouldnt be doing this if i had a warning system by now!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back