gold statement may be fake

Jackal hit

Reaction score
hey guys, gold statement MIGHT be fake...

Half-Life 2 Gold - Monday
Zips @ 10:20 pm pdt - half-life, hl2 & tf2 - important - 42 comments - hot topic
Update: At present, the announcement is not confirmed as being posted by Gabe Newell as his account may have been compromised.

In a recent Half-Life 2 Fallout forums' posting, Gabe Newell states that Half-Life 2 is going gold on Monday, August 30th!
We're going gold monday...
This means that the release of Half-Life 2 is just around the corner. Good times ahead ladies and gentlemen, good times indeed.

source: http://www.csnation.net

edit: i hope the gold statement was real. *crosses fingers*

It could be, but didn't another Valve member post something similar to this on the planethalflife forums?

Edit: Nope that one was a fake, so there's a chance this one could be as well

Sparta said:
It could be, but didn't another Valve member post something similar to this on the planethalflife forums?
no idea haha... but eh... it'd suck to see everyone get all excited and everything, only for it to turn out fake...

oh uh.
the kind of speculation which can dampen the mood... :| :x
for the sake of those who are so pumped right now.. i hope Gabe confirms it was him that posted at HL2fallout.com

i was all happy, and now it's all like... wtf is going on. too much drama with this game. i'm going to poop in my chair here.

i think valve has us so paranoid with these delays. everytime they start mentioning dates everyone starts to get all nervous and start questioning and hoping. us half life 2 fans are like abused puppies. we expect to get beaten with false dates.

it appears to be an assumption.
either way Im prepared
so instead feast your eyes on my masterpiece.

goldgabe.jpg

mwhaha gratuitous gabe pimping!

OH man NEVER ITS REAL REAALLALA

Are you guys sure that's really Gabe? Someone in another thread said that Gabe's current ip address isn't like any of his previous ip addresses and it's resolving to www.authentichendrix.info which is running an open proxy on 8000 and 8080.

I think Gabe got his account hacked.

I wonder if this is true. ;(

If it is "revenge is a dish best served cold"

whos this 'someone in another thread'? if it wasn't a mod from hl2fallout, then it can't be trusted

yeah dont HL2fallout have IP logging?
in that case wouldnt it have been quite easily recognized as a fake?

Its gotta be fake, i mean they just released the pre-load, with it...the 2nd test, they wouldnt have it go gold so soon or the test would seem pointless.

the pre-load means they are all done with testing...and the game.

so what could they possibley be doing besides have meetings with vivendi about dates ??? It must go GOLD !! :cheers:

skater4evr5 said:
the pre-load means they are all done with testing...and the game.

so what could they possibley be doing besides have meetings with vivendi about dates ??? It must go GOLD !! :cheers:

no, the pre-load didnt necessarily mean all the files were done, it meant they were done with those files.

They said the pre-load would load stuff thats not gonna get changed...plus i think it was Eric just the other day that said we'll be pre-loading stuff over the next few weeks.

i nominate Chris_D to email Gabe for some kind of confirmation.
why him? he has gotten replies from Gabe in the past and he has a good standing with Gabe after the Steam haxing Chris pulled in September 2003 :p
Chris, email Gabe, PLEASE :E

okay i emailed him as well. heh let's hope he responds to one of us :p

You guys knows its gonna like 18 hours until we get an actual email from him on this? He is asleep right now (most likely) and i bet he'll sleep in on the weekend and do something OTHER then check his email as soon as he gets up.

just some info i found:

Just a heads up, the IP that the post was made on does not match gabe's previous IP(s), and does not match any ISPs gabe uses (valvesoftware.com, speakeasy). It resolves to www.authentichendrix.info and a port scan and google search of the IP shows it as running proxy services on 8000 and 8080.

Maybe it's some mix-up I'm not 100% sure yet. The IP is based in seattle, but maybe it's a clever fake. If this is not gabe's post it means he has, once again, had an account hacked.

It almost has to be fake. If they new they were going gold on monday why would they announce it today. Why not just go gold today?

Kids...drop a 'lude! All the big gaming sites have posted announcements about the post and have emailed Gabe requesting confirmation. That means that, by Monday (at the latest), Gabe will have almost certainly confirmed the legitimacy of the post or told everybody it was bogus.

Till then...it's all just speculation. So, go have a beer, enjoy your weekends, and check back on Monday for the real story.

Bing_Oh said:
Kids...drop a 'lude! All the big gaming sites have posted announcements about the post and have emailed Gabe requesting confirmation. That means that, by Monday (at the latest), Gabe will have almost certainly confirmed the legitimacy of the post or told everybody it was bogus.

Till then...it's all just speculation. So, go have a beer, enjoy your weekends, and check back on Monday for the real story.
Gamespy :
An email request to Newell to confirm has yet to be answered, but we will update if we get confirmation.

It could be true, it could be false. I have no idea really

I think Gabe overflowed his email address. Think of how many HL2 fanatics are up right now typing away emails that have the same words somewhere in it.

"HL2 Gold Confirm" Or something like that ;)

lmao gabe will never be able to answer his email because it will be overloaded. LOL haha... yikes ;(

Back