gold statement may be fake

AlaskanStewie said:
Gabe needs to use a different password then 123.
That's the same combination I have on my luggage!

(it would have been a relatively less terrible joke if you said 12345)

A la Zoolander:

"You have seventeen

thousand new messages."

It's late, I'm going to ZZzzzZZzZZZ... better be lotsa posts tomorrow. :sniper:

i don't see how somethingawful forums relate to a post made on hl2fallout?

Lets all be optimistic! THE GAME SHALL GO GOLD ON MONDAY OR SOMEONE IS GONNA JOIN KTG(Kill The Gabe)!!! Muahaha!

Latest from the other site:

Shadowfax said:
Mr Bond and some CSNation staff have been checking furiously and will report soon. No need to call it bogus yet.

i dont think its fake
because Monday ( 30/8 ) seems real to me
remember ,they sent the RC on first august and the HL2 Preload yestrday

I worry...

I mean, when a game is gold it has no more bugs. How do they know they will have finished bug squashing exactly on Monday?

Its true on 30th august, he posted it himeself at half life 2 fallout.

jabberwock95 said:
I worry...

I mean, when a game is gold it has no more bugs. How do they know they will have finished bug squashing exactly on Monday?
no, when they finish the bug squashing they send a RC to the publisher, and the publisher says its Gold OR not.....i think

Don't they usually get a call from the the publisher to say that its gone through play-testing fine and then they announce it as gold?

jabberwock95 said:
I worry...

gold is when they give the cds to vivendi. it was a friday in the evening they probably, so they got off work, but got it ready and on monday morning when they come into work, they'll grab the cds and give them to vivendi.

jabberwock95 said:
I worry...

well.. the game could have been bug free starting Friday morning or something.. and they need the weekend and Monday morning to confirm that and get the gold copy to VU.

makes sense? yeah? good :)

Just a heads up, the IP that the post was made on does not match gabe's previous IP(s), and does not match any ISPs gabe uses (valvesoftware.com, speakeasy). It resolves to www.authentichendrix.info and a port scan and google search of the IP shows it as running proxy services on 8000 and 8080.

Maybe it's some mix-up I'm not 100% sure yet. The IP is based in seattle, but maybe it's a clever fake. If this is not gabe's post it means he has, once again, had an account hacked.

Its most likely a fake :(

seems almost too good to be true. i dunno, just don't be surprised/dissappointed if this is all a joke.

Well, Gabe has said before that he prefers a 2-day cooling-down period. They use that time to make sure that everythings put together once they have all of the bugs squashed. They probably finished the game right before he posted that, and now they're cooling off to make sure its golden gold over the weekend.

It looks like what Gabe would write, he likes to add .... a lot, i even have a lot of emails from him and he adds .... in almost every one of them. Again this still could mean nothing and be just a clever fake.

Nex321 said:
Just a heads up, the IP that the post was made on does not match gabe's previous IP(s), and does not match any ISPs gabe uses (valvesoftware.com, speakeasy). It resolves to www.authentichendrix.info and a port scan and google search of the IP shows it as running proxy services on 8000 and 8080.

Maybe it's some mix-up I'm not 100% sure yet. The IP is based in seattle, but maybe it's a clever fake. If this is not gabe's post it means he has, once again, had an account hacked.

Its most likely a fake :(

where is the source for this?

in an internet cafe muncing down bagels more likely :p

but tbh I trust 'gabe's post more than that IP thing till you can back it up :)

i still say its true
because of everything happend this month it gold on monday makes sense

you need an acount to veiw it which I'm betting the majority of us don't have...

on other words it holds as much water as a siv in this thread...

I don't have an account too but I got it from another forum, saying that.

I say its real.

Why would it be taking so long for them to say if it Is or Is not the same IP as gabe's?

Well I'm hoping its real, but I've heard and seen things that point to it being fake too

But I'm still living in hope its real. That would be cool.

imo the announcement came as such a shock, that some people are just skeptical and are checking up on it.

The big question is why hasn't Gabe confirmed this after all these hours?

Back