gold statement may be fake

the half life fall out forum data base has gone...

do the maths. :(

UPDATE CS NATION
CS Nation-
"After going over the facts with HL2 Fallout's Mr Bond, we have come to the conclusion that this is most likely a hoax. We are still waiting for final direct confirmation from Valve."

"What we do now is that the IP used to make the post does not match any previous IPs Gabe Newell has used, nor does it match his ISP, or Valve Software's. The IP's host is also running open proxy services, which means it is accessible to anyone."

Sorry guys too bad.

HL2 Fallout:
After a close scrutiny of Gabe Newell’s account history on the forums, we've come to the conclusion that the gold post is a fake. While we can't be 100% certain at this stage, all indicators point towards someone hacking the forum account. That said, all Gabe's previous posts on these forums are quite legitimate.

We apologize for the confusion and will be investigating further. Theoretically, an IPB forum account should be very difficult to hack. Well, that was the theory at least. We'll keep you updated.

---
They are getting pretty overloaded the site keeps going off and on.

Just wate for official word from Valve and Gabe...After that you should start partys or go mad and kill that haxor! :D

Wait and lets hop its not fake. Emails already been sent to valve :|

WAIT

We can not know until VALVe has made an announcement!:bounce:
Just get it! We can't! There is no need to discuss this until VALVe has said anything!!!

Annihilator_91 said:
We can not know until VALVe has made an announcement!:bounce:
Just get it! We can't! There is no need to discuss this until VALVe has said anything!!!

It's already been confirmed.

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Why can't anything with this game ever go smoothly??

I was so excited and now I find out if could be a fake.
Oh well....Just another little bump I geuss.

I hope if it does turn out to be fake that it does still go gold soon.

3:00 here in WA so maybe 6-7 hours until he gets up, it is the weekend he probably will sleep in a little.

Oh man.......i hate to be a HL2 FAN.....! These ups and downs really sux....!

Neutrino said:
It's already been confirmed.

Not by valve.

Let's wait for them to check their mails - STUDDED with 50,000 "Will hl2 go gold on monday?" mails. ;)

has someone asked Gabe about this, surely he'd tell you if he posted it or not, or some on from the valve team

We believe that Gabe is asleep not yet aware of the recent happenings. Nor the billion emails in his Inbox.

KurtCobain said:
has someone asked Gabe about this, surely he'd tell you if he posted it or not, or some on from the valve team
When he wakes up I'm sure he'll find most of the community has emailed him about it.

It's still 6AM in Seattle. Poor Gabe, he has no idea what's in store today.

I can imigine Gabe's mailbox when he wakes up.

You have ERROR new messages!

ROFL! Lets say he has a voice activated computer:

Gabe: Computer.
PC: Yes Gabe.
Gabe: Open my inbox!
PC: Sure Gabe.
PC: You have 96 123 456 991 new messages.
Gabe: Hargh!*coughs up his coffee*

Annihilator_91 said:
ROFL! Lets say he has a voice activated computer:

Gabe: Computer.
PC: Yes Gabe.
Gabe: Open my inbox!
PC: Sure Gabe.
PC: You have 96 123 456 991 new messages.
Gabe: Hargh!*coughs up his coffee*

:LOL: :cheese: :thumbs:

SMT said:
It's still 6AM in Seattle. Poor Gabe, he has no idea what's in store today.

Yep - I can imagine the look on his face when he sees his inbox.

LOL!!! somethings telling me its not a fake though... but you never know :\ and now hl2fallout.com seems to be dead... maybe it was hacked :(

Do not let the evul forces of pessimism and dispair get to you Striker! STAY AWAY FROM THE DARKNESS AND COME OUT IN THE LIGHT!

Back