gold statement may be fake

If it's fake, we need to hunt down the perpetrators with a vengeance. Make their online lives miserable as hell.

Yeah I would think after posting that he would stay online for a few minutes to confirm it to the non-believers, unless hes trying to generate buzz...

Lets all just assume its fake and (hopefully) be pleasantly surprised.

I saw the gold news on gamespot and ign. A few sites will have a mess to clean up if its fake.

Nex321 said:
The big question is why hasn't Gabe confirmed this after all these hours?
i bet he went to bed. or else he's responding to a few random "hl2 gold or not" emails... and then eventually those will filter through the net and reach us. i hope.

but yeah i bet he's in bed.

Ok, well lets hope Mr.Bond and Co. crucify the guy who did it

Jackal hit said:
i bet he went to bed. or else he's responding to a few random "hl2 gold or not" emails... and then eventually those will filter through the net and reach us. i hope.

but yeah i bet he's in bed.
Very strange behavior then.. posting something big like that then casually going to bed, when he must CLEARLY have realised what would happen next.

The plot thickens. But I guess im still hoping its real. Doesn't look so likely now though :(

shit. :flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

or maybe THAT post is fake?

the one on steampowered.com... that says it's fake

Edit: Nope, that post is fake apparently, i'm wrong. The gabe post is yet to be confirmed or denied

Let's just be calm.... No one should post more about this untill it's confirmed by VALVe. We will just have sit and chew on our nails til' then!;(

Jackal hit said:
In a recent Half-Life 2 Fallout forums' posting, Gabe Newell states that Half-Life 2 is going gold on Monday, August 30th!
We're going gold monday...
This means that the release of Half-Life 2 is just around the corner. Good times ahead ladies and gentlemen, good times indeed.

Hmm. The message doesn't sound like Gabe's. And why would they limit the gold message for a single board? I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Sparta said:
Doubt it, Its dated August 28th 9:22 AM
yep
that first thing i read on that email is the date , when i saw that date i closed the page :p

The Dark Elf said:
Ignore that, some kid posted it on here but refused to provide headers and then tried to say someone else posted it

Excellent -- that's one more rumor stopped.

heh part of me wants this all to be fake, just so we can be owned again. it'd be so fitting given the history of this game. but then again, f*ck that. heh

CSNATION said:
Update: After going over the facts with HL2 Fallout's Mr Bond, we have come to the conclusion that this is most likely a hoax. We are still waiting for final direct confirmation from Valve.

This makes me a SAD PANDA :(

SA Forum message reads as follows:

"I'm usually against spamming but I think it's necassary here. I understand it's just going gold Monday and probably won't be playable, even on Steam pre loads with ATI vouchers or anything but it's great news. UN****INGBELEIVABLY great news."

So Something Awful is -NOT- claiming they faked the post, nor are they claiming to be the source of the IP information.

We will just have to wait for the final confirmation!

Ima gonna go beat Nihilanth to ease my nerves!

But why would he only one sentence about it. "We're going gold on Monday". I say the guy is a frod.

they haven't explained what the facts are, so what are their facts? that they can't contact gabe now even though its 2:30am?

fake or not, like i said before... it's only fitting to have a little more drama like this right at the final stages. so enjoy it good or bad. :D

poseyjmac said:
they haven't explained what the facts are, so what are their facts? that they can't contact gabe now even though its 2:30am?
lets just wait till The Newell wakes up...

Why can't the 'hackers' and script kiddies leave the HL2 community alone for once. First the leak, now this (if it's fake). I'd say we've been badgered enough by now.

well if its fake itll just make hl2 the talk of the internet even more, and despite people getting mad, more sales.

oh well, Im sure the game is gonna go gold soon anyhow, I guess we shouldnt have got so worked up about it ):

well this drama's been a wonderful lollercoaster or soemthing... but i = tired, i'm off to bed. *crosses fingers for gold on monday* peace.

I would be very suprised if it wasn't fake. Isn't going gold when the publishers are happy with a release candidate and start production of it? So how does Gabe know that on Monday the publishers will be accepting the release candidate? Valve may have fixed bugs but in the process created several more they are unaware of. It is publishers that declare gold on the day they accept, not developers to claim gold status days beforehand. Its was almost definately some hacker scumbag posting under gabes account.

theGreenBunny said:
Why can't the 'hackers' and script kiddies leave the HL2 community alone for once. First the leak, now this (if it's fake). I'd say we've been badgered enough by now.
maybe its Doom 3 Fanboys :p

Back