Gonna go to Valve tomorrow (for real)

I'd also suggest that if they tell you "no" rather than just leave ask them if theres a better time to come back, or if you could schedule an appointment. And if you have one I'd bring a tape-recorder, just in case you get to ask some questions. Good luck!

Originally posted by SupaKoopa
i suggest you grow a goatee, cut your hair really short, and dye your hair brown (assuming you don't already have a broen goatee and short hair), then wear some glasses. Tell them you're there for your first day of work, and ask where the HEV is:D

I actually have a goatee and brown hair

Originally posted by spitcodfry
I'll be 19 this Saturday.

Ok.. then they shouldn't treat you like a child or some crazy old guy with nothing to do...

I actually have a goatee and brown hair

EDIT: The goatee has like no length to it, but it's there

Oops, didn't mean to quote myself

EDIT: The goatee has like no length to it, but it's there

meh just grow it to a gordon-size length....you have one night to get your goatee growing!

go buy some hair growth crap like rogaine or something and put it on your chin.

do you have dorky glasses? you need those for your godon disguise too:bounce:

when you get in, say "man, that was a long tram ride. well, just gimme my suit and i'm ready to start working"

I still think if you talk to the receptionest your screwed....Noway this close to a release are you getting in to see anyone the honest way..I suggest you play a few levels of Splinter Cell tonight to get you ready for tomorrow....

meh just grow it to a gordon-size length....you have one night to get your goatee growing!

go buy some hair growth crap like rogaine or something and put it on your chin.

do you have dorky glasses? you need those for your godon disguise too:bounce:

when you get in, say "man, that was a long tram ride. well, just gimme my suit and i'm ready to start working"

Heh heh..I won't pass as Gordon, sorry

Originally posted by GJaaGular
I still think if you talk to the receptionest your screwed....Noway this close to a release are you getting in to see anyone the honest way..I suggest you play a few levels of Splinter Cell tonight to get you ready for tomorrow....

Better crack out the crisco to start greasin up them thighs!

i think you should take like 24 pack of beer, or maybe just 24 cokes, dont want them getting drunk before they finish hl2...

pizza is a good idea too...but coke is probably cheaper than beer and pizza.

"man, that was a long tram ride. well, just gimme my suit and i'm ready to start working"

LOL. Or something like. "Oh man...the trams were packed today weren't they Molly (Just say some random secretary name as you pass by her or as you sign in or whatever they do over there at Valve)...I had to actually stand next to Dr. Kleiner and I'm not sure he showered this morning...peeew....well.. I'm due in the test chamber in a few minutes and I'm already running late so I must be going if I'm going to get my suit on before the test sample arrives."

Heh heh..I won't pass as Gordon, sorry

what about a nametag sticker that says, "Hi, my name is: GORDON"
?:bounce:

Originally posted by Xtasy0
i think you should take like 24 pack of beer, or maybe just 24 cokes, dont want them getting drunk before they finish hl2...

pizza is a good idea too...but coke is probably cheaper than beer and pizza.

LOL..load of bugs pop up in the final build because I got the team wasted.

Originally posted by AmishSlayer
LOL. Or something like. "Oh man...the trams were packed today weren't they Molly (Just say some random secretary name as you pass by her or as you sign in or whatever they do over there at Valve)...I had to actually stand next to Dr. Kleiner and I'm not sure he showered this morning...peeew....well.. I'm due in the test chamber in a few minutes and I'm already running late so I must be going if I'm going to get my suit on before the test sample arrives."

lol!

yeah i think "going splinter cell/metal gear" on them won't work...they have headcrabs and combine guards posted at all entrances.

LOL..load of bugs pop up in the final build because I got the team wasted.

im totally serious, if you walked in there, with some coke and/or pizza and just tell whoevers at the front desk you wanna share with the valve guys to thank them for all their hard work, you'd so be in.

and i guess you cant buy alcohol at your age where you are, so nix the beer.

im totally serious, if you walked in there, with some coke and/or pizza and just tell whoevers at the front desk you wanna share with the valve guys to thank them for all their hard work, you'd so be in.

It would suck it the receptionist said "I'm sorry, but we can't accept any outside items" or something along those lines...then I'd have to finish a whole pizza all by my self! Aw shucks!

thats a good idea! tell them its from all the guys at halflife2.net that wanna thank them for giving up 5 years of their lives to satisfy a bunch of dorky gamers.

Damn we need some intel on that damn recptionest....

get one of your friends to recon the area first...have him/her go into Valve an ask if they know where he/she can find so an so offices (make sure you name an actual office in the building) then when they come out they can give you some intel on what your walking into.

get one of your friends to recon the area first...have him/her go into Valve an ask if they know where he/she can find so an so offices (make sure you name an actual office in the building) then when they come out they can give you some intel on what your walking into.

dammit if i didn't have classes tomororw...and i lived near valve..i'd so do it!

wait where is valve hq again?

Combine foot soldier armed with machine gun...answering calls and looking around nervously

dammit if i didn't have classes tomororw...and i lived near valve..i'd so do it!

wait where is valve hq again?

Bellevue, WA

Also while your there get the suite No# so you can give us the full address of Valve so we can write them Actual letters.

Also while your there get the suite No# so you can give us the full address of Valve so we can write them Actual letters.

Directory assistance didn't list a suite...just the building address:

10500 NE 8th ST
Bellevue, WA

dude you'd better do it tomorrow, im gonna be looking forward to hearing this all day at school tomorrow;(

dude you'd better do it tomorrow, im gonna be looking forward to hearing this all day at school tomorrow;(

I will...just don't expect pics of their mainframe or anything like that

Spitcodfry! Buy them pizza, I will help pay for it! I'd tell you to get beer but you're not old enough. How many people work at Valve now, 40? Get 5 large pizzas and show up before lunch or before dinner, 11:30 or, like 5:30 (assuming they're working overtime). Tell the receptionist it's a gift from the half-life fan community and you'd like to present it to Valve (so he/she doesn't make you just leave it on a table). Forget about asking questions at first, just give them the pizza, tell them it's a gift from the community, eat some of it with them, and start chatting! You'll be in like Flynn!

Do you have a paypal account? I'll send you 15 bucks tonight if you'll use it to buy pizzas for Valve.

An don't forget to pee before you leave home...just in case

Yeah I'll poo my pants as I'm shaking Gabe's hand

Directory assistance didn't list a suite...just the building address:

10500 NE 8th ST
Bellevue, WA
It's probly the room number lol. Or whatever it is.

Originally posted by dscowboy
Spitcodfry! Buy them pizza, I will help pay for it! I'd tell you to get beer but you're not old enough. How many people work at Valve now, 40? Get 5 large pizzas and show up before lunch or before dinner, 11:30 or, like 5:30 (assuming they're working overtime). Tell the receptionist it's a gift from the half-life fan community and you'd like to present it to Valve (so he/she doesn't make you just leave it on a table). Forget about asking questions at first, just give them the pizza, tell them it's a gift from the community, eat some of it with them, and start chatting! You'll be in like Flynn!

Do you have a paypal account? I'll send you 15 bucks tonight if you'll use it to buy pizzas for Valve.

how exactly does flynn get in? does he get in well?

i'm gonna call the analogy police...:cheese:

oh yeah, and make them a card or something...some stick figure-gordons killing stick-figure headcrabs would be cool for the outside, and the inside could say "I w4nT t0 SEX j00, g4b3!!!11!!!1!!"

Originally posted by dscowboy

Well thanks for the generous offer...but I think I'm gonna fund it on my own if I decide to do the pizza thing. I appreciate the supportive words, man, I really do.

Dude, I'll pitch in 15 bucks for this as long as we get pictures. The pizza plan sounds like it is the best idea of the bunch.

Dress nice, act calm, say you are here on behalf of fans from the HL2.net community, and you'd like to thank someone from the team if possible, you are doing this for thousands :) Maybe bring them some candy too, candy is cheap, and say hey, I wanted to thank you! Also, leave the candy in sealed bags so they don't think you're poisoning them ; )

Originally posted by Athlon7
Dress nice, act calm, say you are here on behalf of fans from the HL2.net community, and you'd like to thank someone from the team if possible, you are doing this for thousands :) Maybe bring them some candy too, candy is cheap, and say hey, I wanted to thank you! Also, leave the candy in sealed bags so they don't think you're poisoning them ; )

I'll spread laxatives all over the pizza

Well thanks for the generous offer...but I think I'm gonna fund it on my own if I decide to do the pizza thing. I appreciate the supportive words, man, I really do.

Alright, it's up to you. But I say you should take up a collection. We'll only be 'represented' by you if we actually contribute. My $15 offer stands if you want it. It would probably only take about 50 bucks to feed all of Valve with pizza, you'd just need a few more people to pledge money.

Originally posted by Athlon7

Indeed, the worst you could do is appear out of nowhere with a crapload of pizzas saying you want to give the valve crew a present, they'll think you've put rat poison in them.

Give them a factory sealed present, that way they'll be assured that it hasn't been tampered with.

Originally posted by dbsynergy
Dude, I'll pitch in 15 bucks for this as long as we get pictures. The pizza plan sounds like it is the best idea of the bunch.

Alright, we've got 30 bucks pledged :D Anyone else want to be represented by delicious pizza?

I'll spread laxatives all over the pizza

LOL, that'll get em off their desks for sure! Give you some time to snatch a copy of HL2.

Back