Gonna go to Valve tomorrow (for real)

poison the pizza, then only give them the antidote in exchange for copies of hl2:devil:

or if you want to use the laxatives...barricade yourself in their bathroom and only open up if they slide you the HL2 CD under the door.

Spitcofry, walk in and say "Hey im a really big fan and i was wondering if i could get my pic taken with gabe"..

Make sure you make a new thread with all the info and the "possible" pics :)

The problem with the pizzia candy thing is (and I've worked in a corporate office setting) is... they probably have a room that is full of coffee, candy an at least two free vending machines. Thats what programmers live on...that an yep pizzia....
We need something original

Indeed, the worst you could do is appear out of nowhere with a crapload of pizzas saying you want to give the valve crew a present, they'll think you've put rat poison in them.

Give them a factory sealed present, that way they'll be assured that it hasn't been tampered with.

Agreed. I for one would never just take pizza from some random guy.

Indeed, the worst you could do is appear out of nowhere with a crapload of pizzas saying you want to give the valve crew a present, they'll think you've put rat poison in them.

Give them a factory sealed present, that way they'll be assured that it hasn't been tampered with.

yeah! like coke..thats why i said coke, the pizza they might be iffy about.

Spitcodfry, call ahead if you can, if you bring food. Tell them you're delivering lunch courtesy of half-life fans, and you want to know if lunch is usually brought in or not, the receptionist will be able to tell you that. It may be that they have lunch brought in some days so people don't have to leave their desk, we do that at my office.

EDIT: the problem with coke is that like someone already said, they probably already have free vending machines

Originally posted by dscowboy
Alright, we've got 30 bucks pledged :D Anyone else want to be represented by delicious pizza?

Really guys, its ok. Besides, I think a dude they don't know showing up with a ton of pizzas would be suspicious...I could be an assassin sent by NVIDIA or something

I say you say you're from HL2.net or PHL or something and say you'd like to make an appointment for an interview.

"Oh let me see if he's available now." .....
"He'll be right with you. Have a seat."

Perhaps you go to your local grocery store and ask them to write "Thank you from the halflife2.net community" on a cake.

ok, instead of pizza or coke, how about highly caffienated drinks, stuff that's not likely to be in a vending machine, like bawls guarana

EDIT: oo, cake is a great idea dbsyn!

Originally posted by dbsynergy
Perhaps you go to your local grovery store and ask them to write "Thank you from the halflife2.net comminity" on a cake.

That's a good idea! I might just do that!

Call your local Radiostation an tell them that VALVE software is having a GONE GOLD party for the much anticipated HALFLIFE 2 game and the first 100 people get free copies of the game... their office an building will be so packed with people they would have to make a statement of some sort

Originally posted by GJaaGular
Call your local Radiostation an tell them that VALVE software is having a GONE GOLD party for the much anticipated HALFLIFE 2 game and the first 100 people get free copies of the game... their office an building will be so packed with people they would have to make a statement of some sort

The point isn't to piss them off.

i'm going to bed. spitcodfry, pm me if you want money for cake or whatever you're going to get

They probably in crunch time mode now, very busy with their schedules, works and stuff. Not sure it's good time to visit now, unless it's prearragged and visiting them just after Valve annoucing the game gone gold.

Originally posted by dscowboy
i'm going to bed. spitcodfry, pm me if you want money for cake or whatever you're going to get

sure thing man. once again, thanks for the support

Originally posted by mad max
They probably in crunch time mode now, very busy with their schedules, works and stuff. Not sure it's good time to visit now, unless it's prearragged and visiting them just after Valve annoucing the game gone gold.

My guess is they're done with Half-Life 2 and are now focusing on making Steam good enough for the game's release

Originally posted by GJaaGular
No time like the presciouussssss must have the presciousssss!

You ever see the South Park spoof of that? A classic

My advise.

Call ahead in the morning. It would be terrible if you arrive with food and they have already eaten.

And dood if you get in ask the number one question. Is hl2 gold.

Thing is they will probably let you in but before hand u will have to sign a Non-disclosure agreement to not talk about what you see in Valve regarding HL2. And dood if you sign that don't tell us anything because you will be sued...

Didn't have time to read everyones response. Here are a couple ideas.

1. Bring in some free pizza. Who's going to turn down some pizza?. Not Gabe!

2. Print out a picture of Valve's logo, with some custom graphics, like "Valve Plumbing", then glue that logo onto a pair of coveralls. Then walk in there as the official valve plumber. If they ask why your here, you can tell them your here to fix a valve in Gabe's private bathroom.

3. You could come in as a ATI Software Tester to pickup a copy of HL2 for benchmark tests.

Anubis

Bad idea?

Doesn't it occur to anyone that Valve is in an extremely high-pressure and sensitive period in the development of HL2, especially having just released the final Steam?

I imagine the folks at Valve are all pulling incredibly long, stressful days right about now and some fan/stalker hanging around the parking lot and trying to sneak through security and talk his way past the receptionist is probably the last thing they'd ever want... especially Gabe, who must be incredibly stressed out and overextended.

This isn't even to mention how confidential they're trying to keep Half-Life 2 prior to release. There's a reason that even major gaming sites all have the exact same information, screenshots and movies. Gabe has stated that he it committed to allowing gamers to discover the game as they play it, not through countless preview movies and leaked information (after all, wasn't the unexpected nature of the original Half-Life a significant portion of the fun?).

At the very least, arrange your visit with Gabe or someone else ahead of time. Just showing up and gushing about how great Half-Life is and asking questions about HL2 "on behalf of the HL2.net community" is sure to have every employee in the joint a little freaked out.

If you enjoy Valve's products as much as it seems you do, try to have a little respect for its development process and employees.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
My guess is they're done with Half-Life 2 and are now focusing on making Steam good enough for the game's release

I was just about to say that. I know what it is like to have somthing network related having to be done by a deadline and not work days before it. I also know what it is like to still have it not work the day it is supposed to work and miraculously work the next day. Im going off topic tho... Anyhow, any encouragement is greatly appreciated and even having a gift, let it be pizza, coke, or cake, will really boost their morale. It must be hell right now at Valve with all the problems they are having with steam and spitcodfry is doing the right thing by letting them know that the fans care. At least that is my opinion.

BTW, if u can get any info about TF2, I'll love you to death. My now 5 year old TF2 clan is looking for somthing to do :)

Originally posted by Kamakiri
My advise.

Call ahead in the morning. It would be terrible if you arrive with food and they have already eaten.

And dood if you get in ask the number one question. Is hl2 gold.

Thing is they will probably let you in but before hand u will have to sign a Non-disclosure agreement to not talk about what you see in Valve regarding HL2. And dood if you sign that don't tell us anything because you will be sued...

Well I'd at least like to tell everyone here if its gold or not...hope thats not under the NDA

Re: Bad idea?

Originally posted by Salmonax
Doesn't it occur to anyone that Valve is in an extremely high-pressure and sensitive period in the development of HL2, especially having just released the final Steam?

I imagine the folks at Valve are all pulling incredibly long, stressful days right about now and some fan/stalker hanging around the parking lot and trying to sneak through security and talk his way past the receptionist is probably the last thing they'd ever want... especially Gabe, who must be incredibly stressed out and overextended.

This isn't even to mention how confidential they're trying to keep Half-Life 2 prior to release. There's a reason that even major gaming sites all have the exact same information, screenshots and movies. Gabe has stated that he it committed to allowing gamers to discover the game as they play it, not through countless preview movies and leaked information (after all, wasn't the unexpected nature of the original Half-Life a significant portion of the fun?).

At the very least, arrange your visit with Gabe or someone else ahead of time. Just showing up and gushing about how great Half-Life is and asking questions about HL2 "on behalf of the HL2.net community" is sure to have every employee in the joint a little freaked out.

If you enjoy Valve's products as much as it seems you do, try to have a little respect for its development process and employees.

Screw that ! if you call ahead you'll never get past the door...thaaaa Preciousssss wants to be ours!

Re: Bad idea?

Originally posted by Salmonax

damn you and your logic!!

meh you're probably right...but then again, if gabe can answer emails all day he can accept a thank you and some pizza from a happy fan...and if it really IS gold now, all that stuff is null and void.

Well it appears as though I should call ahead...hope they'll accept my gifts or at least let me come down to talk to someone.

If it's going to be a soft drink, then the best you can do is Jolt, if not then bawls. (Not that I know what either of them taste like, I don't think they have penetrated the UK drinks industry yet)

I wonder if they have u sign an NDA, and you get to play the multiplayer, whatever it may be, if they will let you say here if we are in for a suprise or not.

Re: Re: Bad idea?

Originally posted by SupaKoopa
damn you and your logic!!

meh you're probably right...but then again, if gabe can answer emails all day he can accept a thank you and some pizza from a happy fan...and if it really IS gold now, all that stuff is null and void.

nah, steam is probably baking their noodle quite a bit still

or better yet knock out the person at the front, take their close(anyone play hitman?) and hide her body. proceed to to back, use the reciptionist finger and eyes for finger print scan and retina scanner. now go to the back down into the seceret room, ask gabe if he wants coffee, bring it to him even if he doesnt. make sure u put the truth drug in there...and ask him all the questions we want to know. then judo chop him and burn hl2 on to a number of dvds. calmly walk out in gabes clothes, tell them "food" in a grunt. send me one of the dvds.

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Well I'd at least like to tell everyone here if its gold or not...hope thats not under the NDA

We might be all jumping the gun here. When you ring even ask for Gabe to talk to. Your allowed to do that. If he isn't available talk to Erik or someone. Go straight to the top.

I once rang up Dynamix from Australia to put a friend on the Tribes 2 beta. And it worked. These guys can speak over the phone aswell you know ;)

Originally posted by dbsynergy
I wonder if they have u sign an NDA, and you get to play the multiplayer, whatever it may be, if they will let you say here if we are in for a suprise or not.

that's super duper optimism for ya...it would rule to play it before it hits stores!

didn't feel like reading the whole thing... if worse comes to worse ask for an application and tell them you're looking for a job :p

Back