gordon wearing HEV helmet?

Right-o, Napalm! The helmet is like an uber-cool robotic thing that comes out of the collar and "unfolds" around his head or something of the nature. Anyway, whether they showed a helmet beside it or not, one can assume that he got a hold of one. They didn't show him pull himself into it (however one does that) either. Sheesh.

But he didn't have a helmet when you see him running into the Xen portal in Op4. And all you see is the back of his head so they could have easily went with the helmet

I always pictured in my mind that he had the helmet in the experiement, but it was knocked off during the accident

azz0r said:
There is not a helmet on the suit - at best the suit probably plugins into the spine or something to send signals all over the body.

Your right. In HL2, when you get the suit you dont see a helmet. In Opposing Force Gordon doesn't where a helmet when you see him.

I doubt that Gordon would wear a helmet through the trainstation in HL2

Danimal said:
I doubt that Gordon would wear a helmet through the trainstation in HL2

He doesn't. He wears a blue jumpsuit like all the other residents.

BRODIEMAN2k4 said:
But he didn't have a helmet when you see him running into the Xen portal in Op4. And all you see is the back of his head so they could have easily went with the helmet

I always pictured in my mind that he had the helmet in the experiement, but it was knocked off during the accident
I think the idea with the whole "no helmet" thing was that you knew WHICH HEV suited person you were actually seeing, IIRC there were an awful lot of dead people with HEV's

Kingreaper said:
BRODIEMAN2k4 said:

I think the idea with the whole "no helmet" thing was that you knew WHICH HEV suited person you were actually seeing, IIRC there were an awful lot of dead people with HEV's
I tend to agree. Seeing Gordon's head is the only way to recognize him. (Although, I suppose they could put a big "G" on his chest and a cape in back, to match other superheroes. ;) ) It is a mechanism to allow us to say, "Wow, I just saw Gordon going into the portal."

Cogar said:
I tend to agree. Seeing Gordon's head is the only way to recognize him. (Although, I suppose they could put a big "G" on his chest and a cape in back, to match other superheroes. ;) ) It is a mechanism to allow us to say, "Wow, I just saw Gordon going into the portal."
Or, in BS, "Wow I just saw an unconscious Gordon Freeman being dragged to a trach compactor"

Which explains how Barney knew about Gordon's crowbar and HEV

maybe his helmet is a plastic bubble? or A plasma shield? Those are next to invisable...

They already awnsered it, in Oppositing Force he is not using it, is the same suit.

firstly: it's not the same suit
secondly: that doesn't answer it

1. There aint a helmet - In hammer make a camera to point at Gordon. Then fire that camera with a simple button and you'll see he aint wearing a helmet.
2. All FPS have huds. You don't need a reason for it, look at Far Cry or Golden Eye or whatever damn FPS you want.

there's no HUD until you get the HEV
also, gordon doesn't have anything, not even a body, if you look at him in the engine
so does that mean gordon is really a mysterious spirit?

jimmyjam said:
there's no HUD until you get the HEV
also, gordon doesn't have anything, not even a body, if you look at him in the engine
so does that mean gordon is really a mysterious spirit?

So what if the Hud doesn't appear until you get the suit. Possible becuase at that stage in the game, theres no need to check that your at 100 health.

In Hl1 sp I'm not sure about 2 you CAN use a camera and see gordon. It's been done in a few sp map packs, and no they didn't contain any model files. I've also done it myself.

Oh and btw Look at him in the engine? haha think before you say stupid things, you've made my day.

Kyo said:
So what if the Hud doesn't appear until you get the suit. Possible becuase at that stage in the game, theres no need to check that your at 100 health.

In Hl1 sp I'm not sure about 2 you CAN use a camera and see gordon. It's been done in a few sp map packs, and no they didn't contain any model files. I've also done it myself.

Oh and btw Look at him in the engine? haha think before you say stupid things, you've made my day.
In HL2 you can get killed before you get your HUD

IIRC in BS you always have it, because its not actually there

There is a helmet, otherwise the whole game woul be one big continuity problem, HTF does he use suit power to breath underwater?

HTF does he take headshots?

etc.

Kingreaper said:
In HL2 you can get killed before you get your HUD

IIRC in BS you always have it, because its not actually there

There is a helmet, otherwise the whole game woul be one big continuity problem, HTF does he use suit power to breath underwater?

HTF does he take headshots?

etc.
And WTF did they make a hazardous environment suit to protect against radiation, acid and what not but left the head completely unshielded?

There is a helmet and there isn't. Yes you'd need one to survive those enviorments. I'm merley saying Gordons model (3d model, not suit model) lacks one.

hmm, dunno..
If he wears a helmet or not its indifference.
But while your at it, I´d like to know where he keeps all his weapons? Wheres his knapsack then? I dont see any pockets on the hev suit either :p

Samon said:
He doesnt wear the suit at all

Exactly. what I meant was you don't see the helmet next or on the suit so how else could he get it, the only way he could get is if he was wearing since the trainstation. Which I said, I sincerely doubt

Toffee said:
hmm, dunno..
If he wears a helmet or not its indifference.
But while your at it, I´d like to know where he keeps all his weapons? Wheres his knapsack then? I dont see any pockets on the hev suit either :p
Where does he store the ammo, his glasses-polish? How does he go to the bathroom? The questions are numerous and geeky.
Yeah, but are we to assume that there is one just VALVe don't wanna show it? *edit* I'm talking about the helmet, not the bathroom thingy, I'm sure VALVe don't wanna show us that! :O

He dosn't have it in my opinion.

In Blue Shift and Opposing Force, both have a HUD without HEV suits and they are at Black Mesa, close to any toxic or harzard materials.

Barney went to Xen without any special suit.

You don't see any helmet besides HLDM.

Barney get attacked by Headcrabs and don't die instantly.

In Opposing Force and Blue Shift, he is not wearing a helmet.

Barney can swing with some O² support as well.

The only point that make me belive that there is a possibility of an existing helmet is the zoom after you get the suit. Is not enough though.

I think the more important question is, what does Gordon do when he gets itchy? The HEV looks like it's made of metal or something. Can't scratch through that!

no helmet on the suit when u get into it, so yes it is just floating numbers, or what i call a videogame hud, just like every other fps in the world of gaming. and when im with my group does the headcrab jump on them? no, it only happens on a scripted scene, ment to show off gameplay, theres that word again. it keeps popping up.

*sigh*

Does it really matter? Maybe he takes it off and puts it on as he sees fit. Maybe the helmet is uncomfortable or something...

Oh and Barney quite obviously didn't get insta-killed by headcrabs in HL1 because he was wearing helmet too... Besides, imagine that a headcrab has a dagger sticking out of it's mouth.... If I stabbed at your head, you dodged and I sliced your arm lightly instead, you woudn't be all that badly hurt. If you didn't dodge then I'd have a lot of brain on my knife. A headcrab would be very lucky to perfectly latch onto any head belonging to somebody who was actively trying to avoid them. It would more likely have to KO it's foe and take the body when the foe was unconscious instead.

Exactly. what I meant was you don't see the helmet next or on the suit so how else could he get it, the only way he could get is if he was wearing since the trainstation. Which I said, I sincerely doubt

Oh, sorry, i thought you meant you arrive with it on :p ...sorry for the misinterpratation

Acually, he doesn't even has a body, so no suit (or helmet) either. He's just a couple of floating arms with the ability to magic weapons from his invisible botomless pockets.
He also has spechle skilz when driving. Look ma! NO HANDS!

I'm torn. I'd say it's a fifty-fifty chance he's got either. Anyway there's no way of knowing until Valve shows us.

The HUD? It plugs into his glasses. They're SPECIAL glasses! Obviously. They have zoom features and everything!

*smiles foolishly*

Anyway, he dosn't have legs either (intrestingly enough, Halo2 is the ONLY game where the hero has legs). That is, if you look down.

I'm pretty sure other games have had player characters with 1st-person legs. Arx Fatalis had them, I think.

Far cry had the model but you coldn't see his legs, unless you looked ina reflection or in water.

Cogar said:

He already has a symbol... the lambda symbol. I guess that the resistance adopted it as its symbol or w/e, cause theyre always wearing it, and its sprayed all around the city.

Brian Damage said:
I'm pretty sure other games have had player characters with 1st-person legs. Arx Fatalis had them, I think.

Halo 2 has legs, I find myself just watching them as I jump into battle :D

chronicles of riddick has THE ENTIRE MODEL to look at if you look down...

halo 2...lol....

lord dubu said:
The short-cut key sheet that comes with the game, clearly states that the zoom feature is the "HEV Suit Zoom"

When you're swimming, the HUD pops up that AUX Power is engaged, administering a limited supply of oxygen.

The simple fact that you -have- a HUD display...

All of these lead me to believe the HEV suit -does- in fact have a helmet...

All this makes me talk just made me realize... the game has no mirrors.

Jeez, it's a game -- it runs on a computer screen, remember? Why on earth do you guys need a logical explanation to everything? No, you are not Gordon and the health/suit/power meters are there to tell you when you should expect to be game over. Helmet or no helmet... My best guess is that the fine people at Valve never gave the helmet-thing a thought - and neither should you.

Back