gordon wearing HEV helmet?

I think its the same suit.

<theory>
During your time in stasis, the G-Man took the HEV suit away (in the
same way he took your weapons at the end of HL1); and left it somewhere
that your allies (Dr Kleiner, Dr Vance, Barney or even the Vortigaunts)
could find it.

The suit probably has some sort of identifying RFID tags built into it
(in fact, you were told as much a couple of times during HL1). And
someone familiar enough with the technology could read it to figure out
who the suit was assigned to at Black Mesa.

Why would G-Man do that? Well its already implied that he "stage manages"
parts of the adventure to either force Gordon down a certain path, or to
help him out in crucial situations.
By leaving your suit behind, he helps to provide a key element in building
the resistance to the combine (the belief that the survivor/hero of
Black Mesa somehow survived)(Not to mention the almost hero worship
of the freed Vortigaunts). By leaving it where it could eventually get
back to Dr Kliener, who would recognize its significance and have the
ability to improve on the design, as well as providing hope for your friends
that someday Dr Freeman might show up again to kick ass and take samples.
</theory>

Plus, the whole scene in "A Red Letter Day" was (to me) set up to
make the player feel like they were stepping back into the same old suit.
The same way that heroes in classic literature had to put on their
favorite old uniforms and battle armor in preparation for one more
great fight.

Another reason is that Valve (Marc Laidlaw) wanted to recreate that
feeling that players got when they first donned the HEV suit in HL1.
But they had to write it in such a way that it would feel both familiar
to HL1 players, and still come across as a new thrill for people who
never played the original game.

Max_Payne said:
gordon should be like **** IT, and strip off that HEV suit. Imagine him running around naked with crowbar in hand .... SCREAMING FREEEEEDOM! ahahah scare the shit outta any combine solider lol:rolling:

PEACE

Mike:cheers:

Oh, let's not, OK?

[imagine that sexy face of g-man in the e3 half-life 2 video]
-G-man you little pervert... how did it feel to strip gordon, huh?
-ooh it felt sssssssssssso good....

No but really, notice that the mark v HEV suit has this kinda neck-protecting part, but the mark iv suit doesn't, again, that might be the reason for iv suit having a helmet, due to hazordous and radioactive materials in HL1, but since there's no such thing in HL2, you might not need the helmet, again, the HUD and .... makes me think more...

Attachments

• HEV mark iv and v.jpg
    HEV mark iv and v.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 22,156
jerkasaur said:

No but really, notice that the mark v HEV suit has this kinda neck-protecting part, but the mark iv suit doesn't, again, that might be the reason for iv suit having a helmet, due to hazordous and radioactive materials in HL1, but since there's no such thing in HL2, you might not need the helmet, again, the HUD and .... makes me think more...
*cough*canals*cough*

jerkasaur said:

Also notice the lab and science stuffs was replaced by body armor.

Also notice the lab and science stuffs was replaced by body armor.
yeah well, the reason i think is that HL2 is more like an epic than HL1, in half-life you needed to be protected from hazard waste and stuff like that, but in half-life 2, you need to be protected from bullets, more down-to-earth stuff.

Unless the HEV suit projects a force field or something similar, the thought that Gordon isn't wearing a helmet doesn't make sense. It just doesn't.

In HL1 if you go into 3rd person, there isnt a helmet and when you see the hazard suit in both games, there isnt a helmet. But that doesnt explain a HUD and Head Shot protection, and i dont get how Gordon Barney and Shepard can breath on Xen without oxygen tanks and helmets.

MTG_Maro said:
how Gordon Barney and Shepard can breath on Xen without oxygen tanks and helmets.
Xen have most probably breathable atsmosphere...

Polaris said:
Xen have most probably breathable atsmosphere...
Yes it did. You don't see Bullsquids dying of sufication on Earth.

Where is he carries so many weapons? Think.. the RPG, Ammo, granades, C4, The giant tanks of... that thing of plasma stuff... lol... and the helmet... damn helmet and weapons

HMS Sovereign said:
Where is he carries so many weapons? Think.. the RPG, Ammo, granades, C4, The giant tanks of... that thing of plasma stuff... lol... and the helmet... damn helmet and weapons

We're starting to delve into the "I don't care" and "if everything were realistic it wouldn't be fun" realms.

I still don't see any in-game proof that Gordon doesn't wear a helmet.(aside from a console command that the developers never intended for you to use)

the console code is definatly not taken into account, cause if you change your model in multiplayer, to robo for example, when you start the singleplayer and use thirdperson, you'll be robo.
oh and Apocalypse89, kayfa haalak? (note:mods, it's not spam, don't ban me please!)

HMS Sovereign said:
When you put on the HEV suit in HL1, it says something about a weapon storage system while its reading all its functions.

I think that the best thing to say here is "helmets, we don't need no stinking helmets!"
In a nutshell

ahaha this whole argument is funny. its freaking clear though he dosnt wear a helmet. Think of the HEV suit as a extra skin, that acts like armor, and controls your bodys metabolism.

PEACE

Mike

Max_Payne said:
ahaha this whole argument is funny. its freaking clear though he dosnt wear a helmet. Think of the HEV suit as a extra skin, that acts like armor, and controls your bodys metabolism.
and when you're swiming in toxic waist without getting yourself instantly killed? (... though it does actually happen sometimes, maybe they're stronger?)
i really don't think about the matter myself anyway, whether he wears a helmet or not, which i think he does, will never get to a solution in this thread, i mean, read the past ten pages, it's like two groups of people passing the question to eachother...!
he wears it because of this(1) -----> he doesn't wear it because of that(2)
he wears it because of this(3) -----> he doesn't wear it because of that(4)
now again...
but it MUST be true, he wars it because of this(1) -----> NNNNO! he doesn't wear it because of that(2)
ooh you must be so stupid, he wears it because of this(3) -----> no, you're missing the whole point here, he doesn't wear it because of that(4)
hahaha :D

Back