Grand Unified HL2 Theory (the end of all Questions)

Jaysus!

Oh, the Decay storyline was part of Laidlaw's work, so Samon, you are actually wrong.

More importantly though, stop posting here is it is no longer speculation for you!

Well demon, I just have one question. If the combine is against the aliens, and such a master plan for taking over xen. Why does G-man have a damn army of Alien Grunts... Ever beat Half-life and said no to g-man? Yeah BOOM there is the army. Why would g-man have all that. I think g-man is a alien.

Shockey said:
Well demon, I just have one question. If the combine is against the aliens, and such a master plan for taking over xen. Why does G-man have a damn army of Alien Grunts... Ever beat Half-life and said no to g-man? Yeah BOOM there is the army. Why would g-man have all that. I think g-man is a alien.

I don't think that was his army, I think he just knew about the army, and had the ability to teleport Gordon anywhere.

Proof? Maybe he jsut gave gordon some tripped out drug, and made him play a game called half-life and yeah..... nevermind.

Yeah well ok....i will leave

Decay was Laidlaws work? No actually it wasnt, read the credits inthe manuel, writing goes tor andy pitchford and two others. So you are wrong

Brian Damage said:
Okay, one bit of "proof" is probably the "beta", and the other bit of "proof", ie: Samon's, is probably the script leak, yes?

If they are, could you both stop discussing them, perhaps?

I haven't touched the beta or script leak.

It's the words of G-man himself at the end of Half-life 1. Beyond that I won't say anything until Samon is gone. He's doing his best to simply be a nuissance.

Shockey said:

I think he's an alien, too.

Brian why would i post spoilers when i specifically warned of spoilers the last time, no one had it spoiled from what hyperion said anyway because you never came on and sparfa had already read the script.

But to refer to your wishes brian and kangy, i am leaving, theres not much fun posting at the discussion boards and theres very little to speculate here. But demonwraith keeps acting like an asshole.

He didnt say anything in the end demonwraith, you dont know what gman is, no one does (not even me because its not mentioned in the script), so stop acting like you know when you dont so stfu.

Actually, if you watch the hl1 ending again, then look at what we know about hl2...then put 2 and 2 together, you will understand one or two things.

I've seen people post spoilers without even meaning to. They forget that people don't know what they do.

For instance, when you say that what the G-Man is isn't mentioned in the script, that could be construed as a spoiler because it closes one avenue of speculation, ie: "Will we learn what the G-Man is in HL2?" answer according to you: No.

Well i have an issue from PC Zone here, and gabe newell states, in thier preview from may "later on in the game you will learn alot more about the gman, and who he really is, and what his agenda is."

So i think the script isnt the full draft, far from it. Your right though, i was on the verge of dropping spoilers because of my anger for demonwraith and if the argument dragged on any further, i may have said something terrible to prove myself right, on whatever we have ended up arguing on next.

sorry brian

He's ignored now so I don't have to worry about it.

G-man is in the training part of Opposing Force.
G-man is standing with the soldiers as they are Evac'ing from Black Mesa in OpFor.

As for Half-life itself. What is the reason he cites for stripping you of all your weapons?

Demon Wraith said:
He's ignored now so I don't have to worry about it.

G-man is in the training part of Opposing Force.
G-man is standing with the soldiers as they are Evac'ing from Black Mesa in OpFor.

As for Half-life itself. What is the reason he cites for stripping you of all your weapons?

That dosn't prove anything. Just because hes there dosn't mean he caused it. The reason he stripped you of your weapons is probally so that you only have hs two options: Work for him, or die. It dosn't really work out like that if Gordan has a rocket launcher, grenades, two pistols, shotgun, MP5, crossbow, Gluon gun, other alien gun, those explosion packs, little alien babies that rip off your flesh, and, of course, the crowbar.

Edit: BTW, the Gman was in the training room? When was that?

Well you know he has been following Gordon around black mesa i mean whats to stop gordon pumping him full of lead when he says him standing in front of him at the end?

Just because he is seen with them, doesnt mean he is in control of them, just because he was in the training doesnt mean he is in control of them, there could be numerous reasons.

I have a knew theory about the Marines you see in the end now anyway, i points away from them trying to invade xen, when your come to that point LOOK around, you will see.

However as i have stated before the ending offers the most knowledge to hl2, just put 2 and 2 together, look arond, take note of everything, use what you know, trust me you will find yourself with a few solid facts.

I guess this will be useless soon enough....this thread will need a reform for theories of what happens in HL2 and the possibilities for HL3 :naughty:

haha.....i think hl2 needs to be released first......whenmever that is

I am not sure where hl3 will end up going...i have a slight idea though, how about you sparfa

(without posting spoilers)

Samon said:
haha.....i think hl2 needs to be released first......whenmever that is

that's my point. When it comes out this thread will need reforming. I don't doubt it'll be .....soon.

Samon said:
I am not sure where hl3 will end up going...i have a slight idea though, how about you sparfa

(without posting spoilers)

That was one of the most elucidating parts of the script actually. :D

We'll have to PM each other or the mods will unsticky this :)

once it is released we will see how accurate the theory is :)

I was gonna write a lot of theories, but they're probably all wrong, so I'm just writing this:
I think that the birds are important - I've seen them in many of the demo movies, as well as that 2D HL2. As for what they do...I dunno. Maybe they're spies for the G-man or something (I also have this strange idea that the G in G-man stands for God).

Planeforger wins the "Oddest Theory" award...

I've got a couple of new theories, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they may be correct (they just feel right) so I doubt I should say them... no, they ain't from the "beta" or "script", but there was this kind of flash when they hit me... so they're either right, or I was standing too close to our microwave...

Apparently we're going down because the Speculation forums are gone

And this is no longer a sticky

Sprafa said:
The scientist resistance, in cooperation with the freed Vortigaunts however, that were released from Xen and emigrated to Earth

I don't think it's like that either...

I'll include a theory spoiler here:

The Vortigaunt pictured near Alyx (assumed to be friendly) is more like a pet of hers... probably found abandoned as a toddler, or re-programmed/brainwashed... I don't think it represents Vortigaunts in general. Maybe they were wiped out at one point and he/she's the only remaining survivor? I dunno what I'm talking about... just what i would envision happening...

Back