Guild Wars: Halflife2.net Guild Discussion

Lethal8472 said:
Is that Dragons Gullet? You all must have gotten a lot farther than the party I took did...we got slaughtered by Hydras.

Actually that place is pretty empty, it's filled with aboms, hydras, and tar behemoths. We covered a really large amount of space there and it kept on going to no end. I'm not even sure why it's there in the first place.

We all need to get together and fight our way through it...theres bound to be something at the end.

Also, I'd like the fellow guild members opinion on a thought of mine. Anyone who doesn't log on their account for a month or more gets kicked out. Sound fair?

Lethal8472 said:
We all need to get together and fight our way through it...theres bound to be something at the end.
Of course there was something at the end. It was the puddle of destiny, you fool! :)

Also, I'd like the fellow guild members opinion on a thought of mine. Anyone who doesn't log on their account for a month or more gets kicked out. Sound fair?
There's really no point to kicking them out, though. We have up to 100 spots on the roster, and I don't think we'll ever approach filling them, unfortunately.

On the other hand, there's really no point to keeping them in either. And since you're the leader...

Ok, accounts that have been inactive for a month or more will be removed from the guild. Current offenders have 3 days to log in and play before they are removed.

Cool

Been spending my time playing GW. You could also look us up for some PvE or PvP.

deus ex machina [DeM]

Ignus Dei LvL 20 W/N
Indiana Warrior LvL 19 R/Mo
Tanya McCabe LvL 20 W/R
Solomon Mongolus LvL 20 N/W
Niki Sixgunns LvL 18 Mo/N
HeadWig LvL 17 E/Mo

Did someone say scrim ? :naughty:

All kidding aside we are not the biggest but we have been together since the WPE. Indiana and myself have been together since 2002 in various games.

:cheers:

Heh

I'm not ready for PvP matches yet...some of our members still have a way to go. I just recently got into Kryta.

Inactive accounts have now been removed. Also, I may be able to get us a free ventrillo server, if you all are interested.

For those who are far enough, visit the Guild Halls from Lion's Arch. They are very cool. It would be nice if we could scrape together enough gold to buy one. Right now they are running about 60k though, so...

I could collect a fair chunk of cash if I sold off most of my crafting material, runes and upgrades. Anyone else want to contribute?

I really dont feel like paying 60,000-65,000 gold for a Guild Hall. It would be much better if later in the game we just make a pilgrimage to the Hall of Heroes as a guild and won it.

60k?? You're kidding me? I'm not sure I've had over 2k yet at one time. I'm lvl 17 I think.

I'll hand over most of any money I have if I have to though.

I saved up almost 15k, so I can help out for 25% of the payment and maybe more since I manage my money pretty well.

What's the best way to make money? You make barely anything when you have 6 party members.

I collect most objects from enemies then sell them, but I'll still don't make that much money. Nowhere near over 3k. It's not like I spend all that much either.

StardogChampion said:
What's the best way to make money? You make barely anything when you have 6 party members.

I collect most objects from enemies then sell them, but I'll still don't make that much money. Nowhere near over 3k. It's not like I spend all that much either.

I just have a bunch of objects that collectors want, and instead of trading it in, I sell it to merchants for money. Just be a pack rat and carry anything and everything you find and sell it. Although I must admit I got 5k from selling an absorption rune to the NPC.

Nearer the end of the game you end up getting a lot of stuff that you can sell for lots. In fact, 2 attempts at a mission can net you 1k.

A good way of earning money is seeling black dye, a single vial can give you nearly 4k!

How do I go about joining this guild? Does it have a cape?

Currently a lvl 14 W/R

HunterSeeker said:
A good way of earning money is seeling black dye, a single vial can give you nearly 4k!

Currently a lvl 14 W/R

Yeah, I got some Black dye the other day and sold it for 3.5k. I spent it all on Armour for my sexy Mesmer though.

Well, I was inspired by all the talk of riches here, so I went on an expedition to sell all of the stuff I've been hoarding for weeks in Ascalon City. May I advise all of you to NEVER make that mistake. Just sell the stuff at a trader - you'll lose a little bit of money, but in the end, you'll still be sane.

Trade Window:

Biggus Dikkus: WTB AXE HAFT
Ur Mom: WTS: ------- <<<******** BLACK DYE FOR 5 PLATINUM **********>>>>>> WHISPER ME
N00b Slayer: OMG U N00B I GOT IT AT THE TRADER 4 3000 GOLD GO TO HELL YOU JEW
Biggus Dikkus: WTB AXE HAFT!!!!11!!
To <Biggus Dikkus>: I have a poisoner's axe haft, and I'll sell it to you for 400 gold.
<Biggus Dikkus>: OMG 400 gold U ----ING RETARD I HOPE YOU GO 2 HELL YOU SON OF A -----!
To <Biggus Dikkus>: 300 gold?
Biggus Dikkus has added you to his ignore list.
Biggus Dikkus: WTB AXE HAFT
Ur Mom: WTS -----**********!!!@@^^^^%%% DYE WHISPER NOW ***#*##!!!@

Now picture that scrolling across the screen at 300 words per second, and you'll understand why I can never go back to Ascalon.

And how much did I make in my ventures? I sold one truncheon for 450 gold. Worth it? I think not.

Currently a lvl 14 W/R
Post your character name, and I'll send you an invite. We have a cape, and it's quite snazzy, so no worries there. :)

Hey Biggus Dikkus is that same guy that was trying to butt into our party at Frost Gate I think. Funny how he seems to be everywhere.

Strange, he does sound familiar...and people don't worry about forking your hard-earned gold over for a guild hall. I've decided the only right way to get it without emptying everyones wallets is by getting a signet by winning in the Hall of Heroes. Not sure how long it will take for everyone to get there though...

Lethal8472 said:
Strange, he does sound familiar...and people don't worry about forking your hard-earned gold over for a guild hall. I've decided the only right way to get it without emptying everyones wallets is by getting a signet by winning in the Hall of Heroes. Not sure how long it will take for everyone to get there though...

Yea but there is one issue, getting everyone in our guild together into a single group. As you can see everyone in the guild gets on at a different time making it rather difficult to get into a single team. We also need more members or get our existing ones to get on more often.

Narcolepsy said:
oooooooooooooooooooo

You have seriously lost your brain. :hmph:

My guild got its Guild Hall ages ago when it was still cheap.

Hmmm, has anyone got an examples of a super high level character? Thats one thing I havn't seen from Guild Wars yet.

Like this:

bloodfang3bz.jpg

Some of the spirits that hang around statues of gods are level 30. Makes me jealous...

Time for another screenshot post!

I've had some good times traveling with Howling Monkey, Triia Lostwind, and Maximus Walts. The rest of you are ever-elusive, but hopefully our quest for the Hall of Heroes will unite us all in a triumphant quest for glory, or something like that.

In any case, here's what we've been doing since my last screenshot post:

Triia, Maximus, and I went in search of a good Guild Hall. Here's a shot of us at the snow place (its name escapes me at the moment): Snow Guild Hall The Isle of the Dead Guild Hall wasn't nearly as impressive, but it did have some nice-looking architecture: Isle of the Dead

My favorite Guild Hall, however, is definitely the Wizard's Isle - it'd be nice to be able to go back to Pre-Searing Ascalon whenever we wanted: Waterfall and Farm

The next day, Triia was almost too busy hyperventilating from rapid-fire sighing to appreciate these synchronized dancers in the Competition Arena: Dancers

I can't remember why, but for some reason I felt like threatening the Monkey at the lighthouse. Or maybe I was showing him my green gloves. You decide. Lighthouse

Somefool said:
You have seriously lost your brain. :hmph:
I'm only mad when the wind blows north-north east. When the wind blows southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

Besides, what kind of leader in an unstable Republic is without a tragic paranoia complex and a dozen imagined schemes to overthrow him? Conspiracy

:E

Hmmm... I've probably been kicked out of the Guild by now. But, I promise now that I'm on summer vacation I'll have tons of free time with nothing better to do. So I'll quickly get Phantom Datrix up to lvl 20 (hopefully with some help from you guys) then I'll see If I'm worthy enough to rejoin the Guild.

Narcolepsy said:
I'm only mad when the wind blows north-north east. When the wind blows southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

Besides, what kind of leader in an unstable Republic is without a tragic paranoia complex and a dozen imagined schemes to overthrow him? Conspiracy

:E

What the ****.

Maybe I shouldn't have injected my graphics card with all of that LSD...
Overheating.jpg

Time for my computer to have a little surgery...

IchI said:
Hmmm, has anyone got an examples of a super high level character? Thats one thing I havn't seen from Guild Wars yet.

Like this:

bloodfang3bz.jpg
Holy shit, i never want to meet you ingame. I'll cry before i'm raped savagely.

Whats the highest level you can get to in GW? I'm a WoW player who is considering switching.

Vigilante said:
Whats the highest level you can get to in GW? I'm a WoW player who is considering switching.
20, but it's not about levels. It doesn't mean a lvl 16 Warrior/Monk can't destroy a lvl 20 Elementalist/Mesmer, it all depends on what spells you choose.

StardogChampion said:
20, but it's not about levels. It doesn't mean a lvl 16 Warrior/Monk can't destroy a lvl 20 Elementalist/Mesmer, it all depends on what spells you choose.

I have heard that the majority of GWs content is designed for lvl20 charaters.

So how do I go about joining this guild?

HunterSeeker said:
I have heard that the majority of GWs content is designed for lvl20 charaters.

So how do I go about joining this guild?

Give me your in-game name, and I'll add you.

Back