Guild Wars

What is the level cap on this game? I still haven't been arsed to look it up.

Its only twenty as the game is pvp focused, there keeping the cap low to insure more balance with pvp.

Ritz said:
Its only twenty as the game is pvp focused, there keeping the cap low to insure more balance with pvp.
That's a good thing. :)

What the hell happend to this game, when I was in beta everybody was nice. I mean I rememeber a few parties I played in, as a monk,but I was the one who kept dying, and they rezzed me everytime and where very nice, even if they had good reason to be angry.
Now I go to the forums and half the threads are people complaining howa lot of people are assholes.
WTF are your experiences people, are the majority still nice folks or are there a lot of assholes. Juts give me the percentage of assholes.

Grey Fox said:
What the hell happend to this game, when I was in beta everybody was nice. I mean I rememeber a few parties I played in, as a monk,but I was the one who kept dying, and they rezzed me everytime and where very nice, even if they had good reason to be angry.
Now I go to the forums and half the threads are people complaining howa lot of people are assholes.
WTF are your experiences people, are the majority still nice folks or are there a lot of assholes. Juts give me the percentage of assholes.
They're all pretty nice during missions so far. You never see any proper chatting in the chat window in cities though, just people asking questions and never getting answers.

should I consider picking this game?
Whats the most common class everyone is playing?

mrxskinny said:
A.K.A Warrior/Monk

They're a bit on the overpowered side, but nothing my Mesmer/Nec can't handle :)

I find my Warrior/Necromancer can rip those apart very easy.

There not the most powerfulll class, W/Mo, but if you look at it "Hey! A warrior with HEALS" then it looks to be the best, but its not the case.

I dunno in the beta I played a MO/EL, pretty good if you ask me, I could nuke you, and heal my group.

But can anyone tell me is it so that when you are in a group and you kill a mob, is it that the xp is devided among the whole group, or do jus tyou get it, or is it devided among the people who hurt it. The last time it was that the xp was devided among the people who hurt the mob, that sucked for me the healer, cause I was to busy healling.

I'm an elem/mesmer, I barely go below 3/4 of my health :D. Everytime I use a spell I heal 202% of the spell cost. Kick-ass. The mesmer health drain spell is pretty helpful too.

But can anyone tell me is it so that when you are in a group and you kill a mob, is it that the xp is devided among the whole group, or do jus tyou get it, or is it devided among the people who hurt it. The last time it was that the xp was devided among the people who hurt the mob, that sucked for me the healer, cause I was to busy healling.
I gets divided between the group I think. One annoying thing is if you take 3 NPC henchmen with you on a quest, when you pick up gold it gets divided among the henchmen also. Why the hell do NPC's need money? :p I guess they're free to join your party though.

Grey Fox said:

I only played for one day, since I only got it yesterday, but in my experience people are very friendly. I quested for a couple of hours with a guy from Germany and we had a great time. We shared stuff, helped each other out, and had a great laugh to boot.

How long does this game last by the way? When I look at my map I've only uncovered a small area in the top right. The only main city is Ascalon. There are 2 mission outposts with the sword/shield logo (Fort Ranik and another), and I've just done the "kill the golum" mission where you place the 3 lodestones to summon him, how far am I through?

Are there any places with nicer visuals like on newbie island?

StardogChampion said:
How long does this game last by the way? When I look at my map I've only uncovered a small area in the top right. The only main city is Ascalon. There are 2 mission outposts with the sword/shield logo (Fort Ranik and another), and I've just done the "kill the golum" mission where you place the 3 lodestones to summon him, how far am I through?

You are no where near finshed.

And yes there are other areas, not everywhere is in ruins.

StardogChampion said:

You are not even close. NOT EVEN CLOSE, I SAY! You aren't in Lion's Arch, yet. (This is the most populated area of the game. It's the Ironforge of Guild Wars.)

Ritz said:
I find my Warrior/Necromancer can rip those apart very easy.

There not the most powerfulll class, W/Mo, but if you look at it "Hey! A warrior with HEALS" then it looks to be the best, but its not the case.

W/Mo were very powerful / abused in early beta stages. It's been nerfed, tho.

I plan on a W/Mes or W/R, I just love charging toward the enemy taking all the damage and dishin a decent amount out myself.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for being important.

I am going to be an Elementalist/Mesmer the next time I create a character. I still have 6 levels to go before level 20. Then I hate the Hall of Heroes to play in!

Ich habe Guild Wars
Funny story how I eventually got it, but I'm to lazy to tell.

Well after questing for it countless hours and hours, I rememberd that we have a store in the center of Rotterdam, that imports al kinds of gamerelated shit, they have all the games immidietly when they are out in the US or Japan, all the wierd japanese toys, almost everything, you it's like a gaming family store, and I bought it there.
(now that I think about it, it's not that funny, exept for the fact that I was so stupid not to look just under my nose)

But now I have a question, can u use the headset in without installing the ts software, cause I thought you could.
In any case the headphones work, but the microphone doesn't work. Atleast in CS 1.6. Plus there is something else wierd, the headphones don't work unless I plug em in the speaker slot, but I can swear that I see beneath that a slot with the picture of a headphone, and my microphone thing is in the pink microphone slot, but like I said. I have no idea how to get it to work.( btw the headphone thing is with all headphoens not just this one, do I have to set something in windows or do something else)
(edit: I figured out how to get the microphone working but still not why I have to put the headphone line in the speaker slot)

(another edit: my mike still won't work with cs1.6, I go to options and test it and it works fine, I go in the game and hold k and speak, and nothing happens, and I'm sure I was on a voice enabled server, cause others were speaking)

cl_voiceloopback 1
OR
voice_loopback 1
I think that's the command. You will never hear yourself speaking unless you have that on.

I finished the Althea's Ashes mission earlier today, it was the toughest mission yet... I ended up just charging for the ashes and got them.

That's what I am doing later. It is impossible the "conventional way".

Can someone invite me to the HL2.net guild? My in-game name is Perseus Jones. Thanks..

So, having played Guild Wars for awhile, are you still having fun? I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow after my IB Exams are over, but I encountered 3 negative reader reviews in a row at Gamespot and that made me clutch my wallet with terror.

Narcolepsy said:
So, having played Guild Wars for awhile, are you still having fun? I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow after my IB Exams are over, but I encountered 3 negative reader reviews in a row at Gamespot and that made me clutch my wallet with terror.

GW is just awesome fun if you can get with people you know, either irl or on the net. It's not very fun if you solo the entire thing. Hence the title.

Hey but where is the screen to select on which server you wanna be, cause I wanna go to the US servers cause they have more folks, but there is no option for that, or aren;t you able to chose servers in presearing ascalon, cause all I see is one international district and a bunch of ascalons with nubers to identify them, no US, EU servers.

Im not going to be playing for awhile. So Im going to make a new guild leader. Who still plays alot and is in officer in RHL?

Grey Fox said:
Hey but where is the screen to select on which server you wanna be, cause I wanna go to the US servers cause they have more folks, but there is no option for that, or aren;t you able to chose servers in presearing ascalon, cause all I see is one international district and a bunch of ascalons with nubers to identify them, no US, EU servers.
Try "Home Districts". :E
EDIT: I don't think you can get to US districts because you do not live there. You must use International to get US players.

Grey Fox said:

You can choose the American servers by going into "Edit Account" after you login and then change territory.

Ritz said:
Im not going to be playing for awhile. So Im going to make a new guild leader. Who still plays alot and is in officer in RHL?

I play every day, but im not an officer. Why will you not be playing for awhile?

Lethal8472 said:
I play every day, but im not an officer. Why will you not be playing for awhile?

Because Im an everquest 2 whore.

Rico is now the guild leader, I trust he wont mess around :p.

Back