Half-Life 2 Delay Discussion Thread

NaturalSelection 2.0 will make up for the time a little bit.

I wish I could stop BWMASTER posting on my topics, he is such a deppressing git.

yes first they said it will be out on the 01-10-03.

but now mmmmm hah. XMAZ holiday ****ing..... **** if this is true.

But I think they need more time to fix their graphics problems.

we wil see. :cheers:

Hmmmm, I was all set to flame another "It didn't get moved back to Oct 1, did it?" post until I read the link...

Now I'm a little worried ;(

Chill people, it's not necesarilly true. This happened at least two times before and it turned out to be a hoax.

I'm not convinced until I see 2-3 Gabe emails confirming it.

wait a sec, who the **** said this is an official web site? :cheese: :flame:

I'm not saying somebody is trying to decieve us, it's possible tat the spokesman might not have been informed.

Hmmm if this is true perhaps the reason for it is the AA problem, maybe they are trying to fix it and its taking longer than expected and pushing other things back

oh my god it from gamespot.com

dam dam dam dam.

:flame: :flame: :flame: ;(

I have a baaaaaaad felling about this - Barney in Half-Life

;( ;( ;(

My educated guess is to make a bigger window for that stupid(to me) single player counterstrike game to actually sell a few units.

Originally posted by Murray_H
Hmmm if this is true perhaps the reason for it is the AA problem, maybe they are trying to fix it and its taking longer than expected and pushing other things back

It’s not entirely because of that, the graphics is really bad is very unrealistic.

Go and check the traptown vid, check the floor, walls, and bullet holes.

All are flat not 3D.:flame:

Personally I think its a blessing in disguise. It will give those of us time to buy the new october video cards that are being released :cheers: Someone over at the steam forums posted an email with Gabe asking if it was true and his response was "First time I've heard of this." But who knows.

C'mon guys, we knew this was coming. We all know that Valve's "release dates" are merely estimates. Guesses even.

For me it's not horribly, horribly, bad. As it is I need some time to save up some money so I can buy a very 1337 computer so I can play HL 2 at the best possibe speed... I just hope Valve will continue to release more media if this turns out to be true.

Besides, if they are pushing the release date back, I think HL 2 will turn out that much better...:cheers:

Originally posted by Gorgon
It’s not entirely because of that, the graphics is really bad is very unrealistic.

Yeah I'm sure the Gabe woke up one day and said "hey, graphics is really bad is very unrealistic! lets spend another 3 months working on them"

I bet it's related to D3 delay. Now they are in no rush to release it since D3 is only next year.

Shut up you moron, learn something, plus go back to school and learn how to type in English.

Anyway, if Valve delays HL2, oh man… people won’t like it at all. Plus look at their Team Fortress 2 experience. I hope Gabe says it is not true.

I am going to ****ing wait upgrading my pc till a new fixed and proven date has been announced.;(

If that Gabe email is real, somebody at VU is gona get saaaaaaaaaacked. :cheese:

Mr.Freak

Oh I mean reak

**** you and your sister and your mother and your mmm..mm oh your boyfriend
:cool:

Gorgon: Haha, look at me, I made a gay joke. Idiot.

By the way Lone, I want to believe it is real!

Maybe the spokesman said something like "Before holidays 2003" just to play it safe and they interpreted it as a delay. I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

Ive seen many sites post news based on what they read from other sites (even big ones like gamespot), so all it takes is one bad apple to set them off, Didnt this happen before and valve very much denied it.

First time I've heard about it.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 4:42 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject:

Hey Gabe,
Hows it going. I recently read an article that brought a tear to my eye; "Vivendi Universal Games confirmed today that Half-Life 2 Valve's ambitious new PC first-person shooter, will not make the September 30 release date originally announced earlier in the year. Instead, according to a VU spokesperson GamePro.com talked to today, Half-Life 2 will come out in "holiday" 2003..." is this true? Thanks a lot. By the way the game looks nothing short of phenomenal.

LoneDeranger & Lobster, you could well be right, lets hope so. Online news sites often 'creatively edit' postings from other single sources so news spreads across the web from one slip. I think by tomorrow we'll have concrete answers from Gabe, we should all sit tight and hope for the best.

wow im i seirously what whats AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID THEY PUSH SEPT 30 SO MUCH UGHHH NOW IT SEEMS HYPED HIDE ME DAMNIT!!! ;( ;( ;( ; stil love hl2 devs and games

Yup.

Boomtown posted that it was going to be delayed. And it was denied.

Gamepro aren't huge, but I can image that an over zealous gamespot news poster saw the article and just hit copy/paste.

maybe it just like that news about Half-life 2 on Xbox

Anyway there is Halo coming 21 of Sep.

But dam man
still HL2 is the beast.

:cheers:

Back