Half-Life 2 Delay Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Gorgon
Mr.Freak

Oh I mean reak

**** you and your sister and your mother and your mmm..mm oh your boyfriend
:cool:

Why are these people allowed to exist and procreate?

Look man don't flame anymore only give your ****ing ideas here ok.:cool:

It's safe to say, I have officialy shit myself. Well, gives me time to brush up on C++.

I don't think those gaming sites meant any wrong, they were simply looking for a sensational story and decided to put a spin on what the spokesman had told them. If HL2 was really being delayed for one reason or another they would put out an official press release or something.

Originally posted by Gorgon
Anyway there is Halo coming 21 of Sep.

Well despite the enormous drop in game quality that the release of halo 2 will represent, im sure that it will be repaired by whatever they are delaying half life 2 for.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I don't think those gaming sites meant any wrong, they were simply looking for a sensational story and decided to put a spin on what the spokesman had told them. If HL2 was really being delayed for one reason or another they would put out an official press release or something.

Highly unlikely. It just seems to be some miscommunication between vivendi and valve.

Originally posted by urseus
Well despite the enormous drop in game quality that the release of halo 2 will represent

Could you have made a stupider statement?

Originally posted by Murray_H
whats that supposed to mean :s

I was wondering the exact same thing...that post made about 0 sense!

Originally posted by Hyped
Highly unlikely. It just seems to be some miscommunication between vivendi and valve.

If HL2 was to be delayed, Gabe would be one of the first people to know. Besides, I don't see any practial reasons for a PUBLISHER to delay a game release. Often, it's the other way around.

what the **** man. planethl2 top says it will ship in 62 days.

and then they have the option of holiday 2003:borg:

Originally posted by Lobster
http://www.planethalflife.com/

Thats a perfect example (perfect timing to) that even big name sites get there info from others, However seeing this on PHL is a little worrying...

As much respect as I have for PHL, they are just a HL news site like all others. The rumor (?) was started by Gamespot and then it caught on like a wildfire.

If HL2 was to be delayed, Gabe would be one of the first people to know. Besides, I don't see any practial reasons for a PUBLISHER to delay a game release. Often, it's the other way around.

Yeah, the only real reason for a publisher to delay a game is for sales...therefor, if Vivendi is saying this, and Gabe doesn't know it, then it points towards the idea of delaying to boost CS:CZ sales...

Which I'm assuming would cause Gabe to have a coniption fit... It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out...

PS - we need help! This thread has 50 posts in less than an hour...damn! And that's with a lot of people not even knowing that the site's back up...sheesh!

we will see by tomorrow.

Now is bed time for me.

ce ya all
:cheese:

I hop they will fix it.

:cheers:

Funny if Valve will riot and find themselves a new publisher.

It was a sublte quip.

It means that halo is crap.

we dont know if this true or not, none official word from gabe or valve itself, so i'll believe it's a rumor until I hear otherwise...

They should go 100% steam. :)

While I really want a box, I'd go for a steam only release if it meant no delay.

I feel about 90% sure its not delayed. Either it was a prank, or a big goof up on VU's part. Gabe sed he never heard of such a thing (making it not true).

My 80 yr old neighbor just came over and knocked on the door wondering what the " MOTHER FU##$$" that she heard was about. Her carcus is smelling up my closet damnit!

Well, this is a screenshot posted by one of the more reputable members of the Steam forums (346 posts) depicting an email back from gabe:

http://198.53.251.199/pics/gabe.jpg

Very slow site, outta my control ;). The screen could be spoofed with a bit of time spent, but looks real enough and the guy has been on the forums for a while....I dunno, 1:00 in the morning is kinda late for analysis for me....time for caffeine...

whew good news there! too bad the body count is at 2 already...

yeah its pretty fishy that vivendi wouldnt tell valve that they are delaying their product. And the publishers are allowed to delay games so they dont canabilize themselves.

Yeah now I think the Gabe emails are legit. If people wanted to make fakes they wouldn't have used the same line over and over. And besides it would be much more entertaining to create a fake email that confirms the delay rather then denying it.

Good point Ranger. I think its time to take a sigh of relief....I've been on the edge of my seat since reading the first terrifying post. I was, and still am, of the impression that Valve will keep to the 30th which was why these events shocked me so much - they had the same solid date confirmed for 6 months or so now and Gabe's always seemed so consistent in questions about the release. Whew.
Time for bed. :cheers:

Originally posted by Tommmo
Good point Ranger. I think its time to take a sigh of relief....I've been on the edge of my seat since reading the first terrifying post. I was, and still am, of the impression that Valve will keep to the 30th which was why these events shocked me so much - they had the same solid date confirmed for 6 months or so now and Gabe's always seemed so consistent in questions about the release. Whew.
Time for bed. :cheers:

Well .. to be honest, before this I thought the chances for sept 30 release were 7/10, now I think they are about 5/10. I'm not gona have a good night's sleep until I see the gaming sites post a correction.

I wouldn't hold out for a correction. They don't want to publically admit defeat.

Well a huge thing of good news (forums getting back up) may be completely countered by rumor that HL2 may be delayed. Im hopeful that it hasn't but now like LoneDeranger I think alot of us could have trouble sleeping at night. :bonce:

The Gabe doesnt say the delay is fake... Gabe could just be out of the loop about the delay.....

Or i could be completely wrong :(

I could not fuking sleep man.

I am thinking, why Gabe is not answering.... :cool:

Well, if it is a publisher delay then it may not have anything to do with the games progress but instead be designed to land the game in a better season. If it was because of the games progress then Gabe would certainly know it. Sep. 30th is kind of an odd time to release such a large game. It's right at the end of summer, when people under 18 have the most time to play it, and it's only a couple months before the holiday season - the best time to release a game.

It is possible, however unlikely, that Gabe and the rest of the Valve team simply hadn't been informed on this yet as the decision wasn't made until recently. Also, I'm not sure where the Valve offices are and therefore don't know what their timezones are - but isn't it a bit late for them to be answering e-mails? Work should've been out a few hours ago EST.

Originally posted by smwScott
Well, if it is a publisher delay then it may not have anything to do with the games progress but instead be designed to land the game in a better season. If it was because of the games progress then Gabe would certainly know it. Sep. 30th is kind of an odd time to release such a large game. It's right at the end of summer, when people under 18 have the most time to play it, and it's only a couple months before the holiday season - the best time to release a game.

It is possible, however unlikely, that Gabe and the rest of the Valve team simply hadn't been informed on this yet as the decision wasn't made until recently. Also, I'm not sure where the Valve offices are and therefore don't know what their timezones are - but isn't it a bit late for them to be answering e-mails? Work should've been out a few hours ago EST.

Those guys work late, and many work from home too, so recieving an email that late is not at all unusual. The publisher delay is the only logical explanation right now, however I still think it would make sense for them to let Gabe know first before letting the shit hit the fan.

Those guys work late, and many work from home too, so recieving an email that late is not at all unusual. The publisher delay is the only logical explanation right now, however I still think it would make sense for them to let Gabe know first before letting the shit hit the fan.

i emailed gabe and asked him if the delay was A) because of a publishing/cd production delay or B) because of game development itself, and in the case of A, would they go forward with a steam release on september 30th, and let the game come out in stores whenever. i havent gotten a reply yet.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
i emailed gabe and asked him if the delay was A) because of a publishing/cd production delay or B) because of game development itself, and in the case of A, would they go forward with a steam release on september 30th, and let the game come out in stores whenever. i havent gotten a reply yet.
With the number of e-mails he is probably getting on the subject it is doubtful that he will respond to your e-mail.

Back