Half-Life 2 Expansion, What would you like to see?

Kschreck

Reaction score
I think in an expansion it would be cool to be ethier the aliens or the combine. Also a full Coop mode over the network or online. What would you like to see in an expansion and why?

more MP levels. the 12 that came with the game are cool. but id like to see more

I'll wait for the single player campaign to pass judgement on this matter.

"Return to Black Mesa"

Half-Life, Opposing Force, Blue Shift and Decay remade in the Half-Life 2 engine, with new stuff added in (Like Star Wars special edition, only not as sucky) such as Dr. Kleiner.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

I wanna play as the combine. Take control of a Strider and start terrorizing City-17 citizens...

Opposing Force 2 would be awesome too.
But if the entire world has gotten whomped on, it begs the question: what is going on everywhere else. Another chapter in the story possible thousands of miles away from City 17 would be incredible. Or possibly something that occured in the years between HL1 and HL2.

oh we will undoubtably see a influx of extremely neat mods that allow us to play as different species. i wouldnt be suprised to see an official expansiont that put you through someone elses eyes. and perhaps this time not in the same enviornment as the hl2 main game

Some new awesome creatures like the strider would be cool..

I wouldn't mind seeing a mod that has one playing as G-Man through the events of Half-Life 1. With all the times you see G-Man as Freeman, Shepard and Calhone (I never played Decay) it would make for a great opportunity to see some back story.

But I don't think that will happen? Why ... we probally will find out a great deal of information about HL1 in HL2.

Plus - G-Man is invincible, so really, how much fun would that be?

Originally posted by Direwolf
Opposing Force 2 would be awesome too.
But if the entire world has gotten whomped on, it begs the question: what is going on everywhere else. Another chapter in the story possible thousands of miles away from City 17 would be incredible. Or possibly something that occured in the years between HL1 and HL2.

I'm hoping to make a MOD with this scenario.
However, time dicatates actions...and time isn't something I have a lot of. Look for my expansion Aug 15th, 2006!

-Ghost.

J/K. I hope to do it much sooner, if at all.

The ability to remove limbs. And then toss them around with the grav gun, spraying gore all over the walls and other characters. Oh yes, and many head explosions and decapitations.

Originally posted by Non-Sequitur
The ability to remove limbs. And then toss them around with the grav gun, spraying gore all over the walls and other characters. Oh yes, and many head explosions and decapitations.

don't worry, somebody will mod it.

Never heard of Decay ? what's that ?:bounce:

Man..I dunno...I always loved flying things and stuff...hoping it will make it...surely in mods somewhere soon...

Decay is a co-op gametype for the PS2 version of Half-Life, you play as either Dr. Gina or someone one else.

The limb / gorey thing sounds awesome. ^__^ Can't wait 'till some modders get ahold of that one, hehe.

Would anyone have an idea of how hard it would be to mod HL2 to include a something like Raven's GHOUL engine? And what issues would the physics cause when seperating a model, or is it easier because some of the groundwork's already been done in mapping out body segments? I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to stuff like this.

I'm sure there'd be no problem with the spraying blood. :)

If someone doesn't mod Source, we'll have to wait and see Soldier of Fortune 3 on the Doom 3 engine. Ohhh, I'm looking forward to that. :dork:

i just played OpForces, clocked it

the end boss was somewhat a let down (do the same thing like 4 times and he's dead...)

the story was nice tho, id like to see a return of Shephard

"As an expansion for Valve Software's critically accaliamed Half-Life 2, a rising developer know as Queerbox will be creating an alternate storyline know as 'Half-Live'. In Half-Live, players will be taking up the role of halflife2.net forum member SuperTrooper. Gamers will need to create friendlies by using excessive smilies and imitating avatars, while at the same time avoiding being banned by the moderators. Rated iM for imMature."

I'd like to see the return of Shepherd as well. As Barney and Gordon are in Half Life 2, it would be good to find out what happened to him.

Anyone remember an awesome cool little mod for Half Life where you played as an alien been studied behind glass, only to escape and get to kill all the scientists and guards. If memory serves me, it was only about 20 minutes worth, but I liked that mod.

negative, I want the second part to be only under the sea or under the earth.

It's gotta be a name relating to physics first of all.

I'm thinking something along the lines of playing Alyx.

Originally posted by Chris_D
I'm thinking something along the lines of playing Alyx.
Agreed. Maybe earlier adventures with Alyx and Dog.

I'd definately like to see sequels for Blue Shift and Opposing Force on HL2. Another interesting tie-in mod (though not official) was HL: Shadows. I don't think it was ever finished, but it was interesting. It used the premise that you (Gordon Freeman) had over-slept on the day the accident happened but someone else still managed to screw up the experiment. So, you wake up with all hell breaking loose around you and have to escape and find out who was responsible and what not.

Back