Half-Life 2 goes gold. [GAMESPOT RUMOR CONTROL]

When I saw the Gamespot link I was hoping for official confirmation.

But it's yet another rumour. ><

This is beginning to do my head in.

Save the title for the real thing! (official annoucement) :p
Got me excited when I recognised the name of the poster from the main page :( Good job my internet was fast so my heart was stopped form exploding.

switch said:
Save the title for the real thing! (official annoucement) :p
Got me excited when I recognised the name of the poster from the main page :( Good job my internet was fast so my heart was stopped form exploding.

Thanks man, but this sound real, for once, it sounds real.

Mr-Fusion said:
Of course it's gone gold you damn hobos.

:LOL:

WOOT!

I ain't getting excited until it comes from the horse's mouth, i.e. VUG or Valve. There have been too many disappointments over the past few months with regards to jumping the gun.

But I hope this is right.

The uncertainty and frenzied speculation is still rocking me something rotten though.

Wellcome, hehe.
Could tomorow be the day that we have all been waiting for ?

Concept said:
I ain't getting excited until it comes from the horse's mouth, i.e. VUG or Valve. There have been too many disappointments in over the past few months with regards to jumping the gun.
I am getting excited because i've seen far too many good signs pointing towards imminent gold. Again, this is as real as it's going to get.

And yes i've been hear for every testicle breaking disappointment. I've endured it all. I am as cynical as they come, but this is it. This is the end.

sounds genuine enough. quick someone organise a valve trip :)

Zento - I'd probably say the 23rd in the US, and 26th in Europe are looking likely.

I've got a feeling Eurogamer's retail source is going to be bang on the money.

One thing that could throw it off a bit:
What date did VALVe submit the RC?
as this was posted mid september
Don't know. The original was a surprise.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 12:17 PM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: Headcrab pinata - i know you have one ....

Hi gabe

I was wondering if anyone at valve or your relations has made a Headcrab
Pinata for when VU games give the all clear and you go gold

Just like this one from gamespot when half life went gold
http://www.gamespot.com/features/ha...l/screen33.html

If you have one can u take some pictures of it

Thanks Gabe

Alex Markham

When half life one was finshed, they had a headcrab pinataa at the time, and busted that open then.

so sounds like good news.

Mr-Fusion said:
I am getting excited because i've seen far too many good signs pointing towards imminent gold. Again, this is as real as it's going to get.

And yes i've been hear for every testicle breaking disappointment. I've endured it all. I am as cynical as they come, but this is it. This is the end.

I'd like to agree. But it isn't as real as it gets until there's a press release from VUG or Valve. Then I'll let a sigh of relief out.

but really let me gess
they broke the pinata with the crowbar lol :p

Emailed Gabe asking him to confirm/deny. He has answered my previous 2 emails.

Will they make announcements over the weekend or would we have to wait until Monday if it actually did go gold? Anyone know?

Concept said:
I'd like to agree. But it isn't as real as it gets until there's a press release from VUG or Valve. Then I'll let a sigh of relief out.

I will also wait for confermation from Valve or VUG..but this certainly is the best sign that we've seen since.

Personally, if this rumour has substance, I'd expect an announcement on Monday. Not the weekend.

Concept said:
Personally, if this rumour has substance, I'd expect an announcement on Monday. Not the weekend.
We can't wait until Monday! This is important :)

I think this is the most credible source so far - it really is looking good now.

i've been a member of Gamespot forever, and they NEVER post any news without being 100% sure of what they're submitting, they don't put "speculation" as news, and if they do, they clearly say so.

With all the reviews, and ratings being finished, i don't doubt this. I don't think that it is "gold" yet, but i'm sure it is, or is really close, to being finished. I'd guess that there'd be a gold announcement by mid next week hopefully :E :E :E

WHO NOES?????

Ahem...

It could very well be true, but none of us know for sure now do we? We'll have to wait and see.

Gossoon said:
Will they make announcements over the weekend or would we have to wait until Monday if it actually did go gold? Anyone know?

For something this big, i'd hope that they'd announce it over the weekend :p

Yay.

I feel like I should be a lot more excited than I currently am.

i like how on Gamespot in the Half Life 2 sidebar it says "Related Games: Duke Nukem Forever (PC)".

maybe that says something about how wise it is to get excited about this rumour

Absinthe said:
Yay.

I feel like I should be a lot more excited than I currently am.

Well, it is just a rumor at this point so don't feel bad. Save all your energy for when it does officially go gold. ;)

Back