Half-Life 2 goes gold. [GAMESPOT RUMOR CONTROL]

We HAVE heard the story before. Everyone gets excited, because some site says the fat lady might sing soon.

If they're wrong, you'll all be angry. If they're right, then, and only then, should you go nuts.

I'm going to go resurrect the 'thanks valve' thread, if I can find it. This could be a tough one.

Hey, if this doesn't turn out to be valid.

We can burn down Gamespot's office building with flamethrowers and forks.

Chances are, it's gold. :cheers:

ShadowFox said:
This is the time to get excited.

But the August 31st incident has left me and many others very jaded.

Guess we all gotta be cautious of this whole situation...but this doesn't mean you shouldn't think this is another fake or something. It damn good news to me. Hell....any good news is good to me.

Feel free to flame me all you want, but I honestly think it's time to open up the chapagne everybody! Loosen up and rejoice for being alive during this wonderful period in the history of gaming. HALELUYAH!!!!!
Extra Exclamations Added For Effect: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MFL said:
Feel free to flame me all you want, but I honestly think it's time to open up the chapagne everybody! Loosen up and rejoice for being alive during this wonderful period in the history of gaming. HALELUYAH!!!!!
Extra Exclamations Added For Effect: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...If this turns out false you will be very sad...extremely sad.

Really un-funny stuff I found:

QUOTE (enggmaster @ Oct 16 2004, 02:12 AM)
Gabe Newell's probably eating all the candy from the pinata rofl

dystorsion said:
Hey, if this doesn't turn out to be valid.

We can burn down Gamespot's office building with flamethrowers and forks.

Chances are, it's gold. :cheers:

I really like the fork Idea... I'll join ya... just contact me with the details... if their wrong... BURN BABY... BURN!!!!!! :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

Adrien C said:
Really un-funny stuff I found:

HEY MAN..if I was there I would eat all the candy as well...MY CANDY. :sniper: Candy is good....so are cookies :thumbs:

But if the user who posted this was making fun of Gabe then shame on him and his existance.

ShadowFox said:
This is the time to get excited.

But the August 31st incident has left me and many others very jaded.

What the hell happened on August 31st?

Do you mean September 30th (2003)?

EDIT: Wait, do you mean the whole hl2fallout gold thing?

eth8686 said:

Somebody hacked Gabe's account on HL2Fallout and said that HL2 had gone gold.

I'm waiting 'till the official announcement before I break open the bubbly, but I'm feeling certain.

A Monday annoucement seems most likely.

eth8686 said:

If I recall correctly, the fake Gabe Newell 'We're going Gold Monday' forum post at Half-Life Fallout happened that time.

And yes, like Shadow Fox says, it was a real kick into the anticipation curve.

ShadowFox said:
Somebody hacked Gabe's account on HL2Fallout and said that HL2 had gone gold.

You beat me to my own edit... :)

Anyways, thanks mate :thumbs:

eth8686 said:
You beat me to my own edit... :)

Anyways, thanks mate :thumbs:
Heh, no problem. :D

Yeah, that fake really killed me more than anything else in HL2's history. Even more than the leak or Sept 30th.

Further evidence of the game's completion was a press release issued this afternoon touting the first review of "the entire game."

What do they mean by first review of "the entire game"?

Agent.M said:
Further evidence of the game's completion was a press release issued this afternoon touting the first review of "the entire game."

That's what I said....

But not a word came from it.... ;(

Agent.M said:

I would figure that the reviews we saw weren't based on the entire game, but I would figure that the past reviews were based on what 90% of the game.

Meh...i'm going to sleep. Hopefully i'll have a nice surprise to wake up to in the morning (Like a confirmation from Valve :D )

I knew this would happen soon! I knew we could all last untill now. Atleast I got COD today to keep my mind off till the game hits the shelves. Now, sleeeeep... :D

Sashswash said:
Meh...i'm going to sleep. Hopefully i'll have a nice surprise to wake up to in the morning (Like a confirmation from Valve :D )

Night'

User Name said:
You just love racking up your post count, don't ya? :rolleyes:

Nah, he don't :naughty:

We need to send a combined mental ray to Vivendi demending the GOLD.

aerasal said:
why wouldn't vavle tell us if the game did go gold?
Because they will next week to get maximum exposure. Like people have said announcing it at the end of the week when people stop working etc is not a good idea.

Announcing it early-mid next week will allow every single gaming site on the intarweb to post and spread the news. You have to plan these things right to have maximum impact.

lol, If this rumour is fake then Kouler owes me Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War

User Name said:
You just love racking up your post count, don't ya? :rolleyes:
Who cares. The whole idea of a post count is dumb. If anything they should be removed.

ShadowFox said:
Who cares. The whole idea of a post count is dumb. If anything they should be removed.
Indeed they should be. Lets all start from scratch. :O :p

Hey where is the one guy that said he'd eat the thread if it went gold today, tommorow, next month, or next year. I hope you have a large capacity, cause its goin down.

as the acting devils advocate, i would just like to say that Valve should be arrested for their crimes against that pinata. What did that pinata ever do
to them? In fact, all pinata's in the history of the pinata have been shunned, beaten, and have had their guts EATEN by the human population! Where is the HUMAN DECENCY in all this!?!?! ARGness all around, my fellow forumers

WEEEEE~~~1!1111

Wait... What does this mean? It's in stores within next 4 weeks ?

Back