Half-Life 2 goes gold. [GAMESPOT RUMOR CONTROL]

godamn! looks like im eating my hat after alll...

translated from german site gamesweb.com:

... VUG has confirmed the release date for end of november ...

23rd for US. 26th for UK.

Like the Eurogamer article suggested from a while ago, these dates are looking more and more realistic.

Concept said:
23rd for US. 26th for UK.

Like the Eurogamer article suggested from a while ago, these dates are looking more and more realistic.

You mean november right? Anyway good news

Yup. If VUG has confirmed this information then we have to be near some form of official English press release. I'd imagine.

omg omg !!
THATS ****** AWESOME !!

if its REALLY gone gold i think we will see the game before Nov 20

Lets all hope it is true...
Still waiting for the flare from Gabe...

Looking good :smoking:

Lol @ help-life 2

"WTF IS HELP LIFE 2 U N00B LOOOOOOOOL!!2TWO>?"

Again:

[goldmember]It's gold! It's gold! It's gold! It's gold! It's solid gold baby![/goldmember]

Hope its true.

Yay! Monday the 18th is my birthday. It would be nice if Valve gave me a birthday present in the form of HL2 going gold! :thumbs:

If HL2 really did go gold, why are we waiting untill november for the game?

GTA San Andreas went gold 2 days ago to, And they are releaseing it on the 26th of this month!

I guess vivendi is just slow.

We don't have official word of gold status yet, let alone release date. Although GTA:SA is rated by ESRB and BBFC already.

AgentXen said:
If HL2 really did go gold, why are we waiting untill november for the game?

GTA San Andreas went gold 2 days ago to, And they are releaseing it on the 26th of this month!

I guess vivendi is just slow.

I was wondering this to.

I dont care how many boxes you intend to make, it will not take more than 4 weeks.

Some games takes a little longer when it goes gold and until its in the stores. but yeah its a long time say it went gold or will go next week, thats still 5-7 weeks before you can find it in the stores or buy it on steam.

Plus I would think they would try and get the release closer to Christmas for those oh so important sales.
-----

Is that a light at the end of a tunnel I see?
Or just too much vodka...time will tell.

Why do they keep torturing us...release the game god damnit!!

i'm going to eat my ati voucher if hl2 doesn't come out soon.
the next step will be eating gabe (which will not be easy)

perrkele said:
Yay! Monday the 18th is my birthday. It would be nice if Valve gave me a birthday present in the form of HL2 going gold! :thumbs:
My B-day too :D

DigiQ8 said:
100 KD ( Kuwaiti Denner ) on monday

P.S 100KD = 300$

Hmm...idk if i'd bet $300.00 on Monday...that's quite a bit.

Maybe it'll be today! :D

Someone said:
Plus I would think they would try and get the release closer to Christmas for those oh so important sales.

I dont understand the logical sence in that.

They want to sell the game, so they will wait untill X-mas to seel it?
Why dont they just release it October?
Is there some law that states if the game is out before December, they cant sell it on december?
wtf?
Regradless of when they sell it, wheather it be in October, the game will still be sold during December.

Whatever i dont understand. Please explain.

Back