Half-Life 2 goes gold. [GAMESPOT RUMOR CONTROL]

Alec-Eiffel said:
i've been a member of Gamespot forever, and they NEVER post any news without being 100% sure of what they're submitting, they don't put "speculation" as news, and if they do, they clearly say so.
They have said a lot of stuff about HL2 that has ended up wrong in the rumour control,
but yeh this is the first they they have said is not bogus, so fingers crossed!

Adrien C said:
Wellcome, hehe.
Could tomorow be the day that we have all been waiting for ?
Not likely. They don't work Saturdays. If this were true, Monday would be the day if they choose to announce it.

If Gamespot is right then VUG/Valve will have no choice but to announce gold in the coming days.

ShadowFox said:
Not likely. They don't work Saturdays. If this were true, Monday would be the day if they choose to announce it.

But don't you think that MAYBE...just maybe....that one of their employees, or all of them, might give up their saturday to have a "gone gold party", or at least announce it? I know that, if i had worked on a product that long, i would defenitly go to work on a Saturday to have a "gone gold party" and announce it to all possible news sources on the web :p

Zento said:
If Gamespot is right then VUG/Valve will have no choice but to announce gold in the coming days.

not really no, they could announce it gold the day before it hits shelves for all they like.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

hype machine just exploded

Kiva128 said:
I can see this thread expanding to a huge level.

most def...i think i'll leave it alone and come back in an hour to see how it's grown ;)

Sashswash said:
But don't you think that MAYBE...just maybe....that one of their employees, or all of them, might give up their saturday to have a "gone gold party", or at least announce it? I know that, if i had worked on a product that long, i would defenitly go to work on a Saturday to have a "gone gold party" and announce it to all possible news sources on the web :p
I doubt it. But lets face it, if it went gold today, it doesn't matter when they announce it. And if it didn't, then we gotta keep waiting.

Adrien C said:
Tuesday IS THE DAY. Now I'm sure a 100 %
you never know, could be in 3 minutes time. VALVe release a lot of imortant stuff at 7PM PST.

ShadowFox said:
I doubt it. But lets face it, if it went gold today, it doesn't matter when they announce it. And if it didn't, then we gotta keep waiting.

Yea, that's true...but it's sooooo close.

ShadowFox said:

I think caution is the best approach here.

We've all had our hopes built and then deflated by fake messages and rumours galore before.

Having said that, it sounds as though Gamespot is very sure of itself.

The best day to give gold is tuesdays, it would be stupid to do it know, as most online game sites, do not work, thus, loosing all the great publicity.

Adrien C said:
The best day to give gold is tuesdays, it would be stupid to do it know, as most online game sites, do not work, thus, loosing all the great publicity.
I fully agree. If not tuesday then there'll definitely be a press release sometime next week.

Excellent.

Yeah, just calm down for the time being. Nothing is official yet. I am hoping that its true though.

:bounce:

Mr-Fusion said:
I fully agree. If not tuesday then there'll definitely be a press release sometime next week.

Excellent.
It wouldn't surprise me. Giving us the maps seems a pretty big signal to me.

Hope you guys are scaning ************** we never know.

Edit: Was the site that Gabe allways post ?

when this game finally gets released, the internet is gonna explode

I just emailed Gabe, hopefull he'll respond to me or someone.

in response to #65
once this game is released, IM gonna explode

The last thing we need is 400 people emailing Gabe, so lets end that trend right here.

I will wait until I have the game in my hands before I get a hard on. We have heard all this before ... blah blah blah.

ShadowFox said:
The last thing we need is 400 people emailing Gabe, so lets end that trend right here.

But if 400 people e-mail Gabe his is bound to respond to someone.

EDIT: But that response might be....wait till monday..or something like that.

millions email gabe =>
gabe makes approx. twenty identical emails to major gaming news sites because he cant send it to everybody =>
gabe doesnt explode and were all still happy...

Always believe in your soul
You’ve got the power to know
You’re indestructable
Always believe in.......

Stereo said:
I will wait until I have the game in my hands before I get a hard on. We have heard all this before ... blah blah blah.
No in fact we haven't heard it all before. There are distinct differences between the situation we have now and past situations.

-6 preloads with virtually all the content, maps, models, textures, sounds.
-Plethora of mag reviews
-CS:S is finished and available
-Ability to buy Half-Life 2 on Steam
-Finished game being given to classifiers to give it ratings
-"an industry insider squealed earlier informing us that "as far as Vivendi is concerned, the game [Half-Life 2] is finished"
-The game is actually finished.
and

The situation is very different to September last year. If there's ever a time to actually get excited it's getting pretty close.

Someone want to go dumpster divin' and see if there's a busted up pinata in there?

Mr-Fusion said:
No in fact we haven't heard it all before. There are distinct differences between the situation we have now and past situations.

-6 preloads with virtually all the content, maps, models, textures, sounds.
-Plethora of mag reviews
-CS:S is finished and available
-Ability to buy Half-Life 2 on Steam
-Finished game being given to classifiers to give it ratings
-"an industry insider squealed earlier informing us that "as far as Vivendi is concerned, the game [Half-Life 2] is finished"
and

The situation is very different to September last year. If there's ever a time to actually get excited it's getting pretty close.
This is the time to get excited.

But the August 31st incident has left me and many others very jaded.

Back