Half Life 2 Gold Date Tomorrow

and why the hell would anyone feel the need to WRITE in ebonics?? retards..

Originally posted by zdub
sorry i'll make it a bit more clear for you, since you seem to have trouble understanding it

STOP WITH THE EBONICS PAHTNAH

****in racist. I can TYPE however i want. You dont like it then dont read any of my posts,

^ funny thing is if he u was speaking it on the street he wouldnt have said shit...

sorry i'll make it a bit more clear for you, since you seem to have trouble understanding it

STOP WITH THE EBONICS PAHTNAH

You'd never know this started off as a "gone gold" thread...:dozey:

I can't wait till this game finally DOES ship, so I can spend my time playing it, instead of weeding through this garbage looking for the scraps of good info here and there.

funny thing is how pissed off i can get a random person over a forum hahaha
and even funnier is he takes it as racist LMAO

nobody said I took it as being racist , I was just pointing that out..

You, sir, are quite a fool.

I didn't think skin color factored into it at all.. type in a manner so that people can easily understand you. Replacing letters with numbers and adding "0r" to the end of your words doesnt make you cool, it just makes you look stupid.

-Rubeus

There is a saying in Sicily:
"Revenge is the best forgiveness."

o, thought u was talkin about me cuz I didnt say anything in the post and just came out of no where ( cuz u said random person thing.. )

yes but u are 'teh forum gayboi' who thinks he is going to get HL2 early when in fact all he is going to get is a bumming by a tiger early...or something.

Originally posted by zdub
hahahaha

5tFu NEw8IE, 1 Am Go1N9 +o H4XoR J00r B0x0R 83c4U$E j00 @r3 5UCh 4 R4CisT H@Lf-LiPh3 2 phaN 80Y. 1 h4+E H4lpH L1F3 2, I 4M G01NG t0 e4t 84BI3$ PHoR $4+@n UNt1lL 1T c0M35 4nD @nD tH3N 1 4M GoINg +O 8uRN D0wn V4LV3 wO0o00OOhooH0H0oh0h0HOo j4o4od00!!!1

Originally posted by Deadline
5tFu NEw8IE, 1 Am Go1N9 +o H4XoR J00r B0x0R 83c4U$E j00 @r3 5UCh 4 R4CisT H@Lf-LiPh3 2 phaN 80Y. 1 h4+E H4lpH L1F3 2, I 4M G01NG t0 e4t 84BI3$ PHoR $4+@n UNt1lL 1T c0M35 4nD @nD tH3N 1 4M GoINg +O 8uRN D0wn V4LV3 wO0o00OOhooH0H0oh0h0HOo j4o4od00!!!1

you need to install the latest keyboard driver from nvidia.

Originally posted by G0rgon
you need to install the latest keyboard driver from nvidia.

STpHU nVID14 r0X0r3Z 4Nd J00 $Ux0R5 5+PHu 5+PHu

That looks like it took alot of effort.

STpHU nVID14 r0X0r3Z 4Nd J00 $Ux0R5 5+PHu 5+PHu

Then try ATI.

I am sure it ll works.:cheese:

Originally posted by manny_c44
That looks like it took alot of effort.

n0T rEAlLy 1 4M m@5teR 0F 1337 5P34k @nd 1 0WnzOR @LL 0f Y0U, j00 @RE MY BItCHE$, b0w befor3 M3!

Ok i am done :)

Halo for pc is finished as of today, it will officially go gold in 1-4 days and it will be in stores on sept 30th. i see no reason HL2 couldnt make it also.

it's not 'supposed' to go gold tomorrow, it's 'supposed' to go gold sometime in the next week. And even broader sometime this month, and be in stores setp30th. So it could go gold the 22nd and still be in stores worldwide 8 days later or something :O

Originally posted by forn1x
it's not 'supposed' to go gold tomorrow, it's 'supposed' to go gold sometime in the next week. And even broader sometime this month, and be in stores setp30th. So it could go gold the 22nd and still be in stores worldwide 8 days later or something :O

That's pushing it for a world-wide distribution, don't you think?

okay i just want to say a few things and think logically here rather than some of the posts i seen in this thread.. and by no means am i saying that HL2 will definitely be delayed.. these are just logical reasons..

first: CS:CZ - yes i realize that most of the users here don't give a hoot about CS in general and this being a HL2 forum, its understandable.. but lets not forget the huge CS community out there.. it doesn't matter whether most of the CS'ers are 12 yr olds or 40 yr olds.. CS is HL's biggest game out there right now (average of 15000 users at any given time -probably more but thats a guess-stamate) and CZ will definitely appeal to some of those CS'ers if not all.. thats a huge fan base, granted probably not as nearly close to the HL2 fanbase -CS: CZ will be a small stress test on Steam servers when it is released...

Steam - yes theres about 17 days til September 30th and alot can happen in that time frame.. but at the pace things have been going.. it really needs to pick up because of my above acknowledgement of CS:CZ with the current useage and constant updating of Steam, do u guys think Steam can handle a CS:CZ release? when is CZ supposed to be released anyway? any time in the next few days, right? as of right now, it doesn't look good for a CZ release over Steam with everyone scrambling to update their Steam client and play games

HL2 - so with all thats happening right now and the release of CZ in mind, do u guys think Valve can meet the HL2 release on time? its a valid question.. im just curious.. i hope HL2 releases on time cause im excited as one can be without overdoing it..

NOTE: THIS POST DOES NOT MEAN I CLAIM HL2 TO BE DELAYED, ITS JUST PONDERING CONSIDERING THE CURRENT SITUATION OF STEAM AND THE SUPPOSED RELEASE OF CS:CZ

so ur thoughts? opinions?

thanks for intelligently discussing this :)

CS:CZ has had 3 different developers and has been restarted twice. Also, Valve didn't make it, Ritual did.

Half Life 2 hasn't been restarted at all.

They are two different things, it's not enough to say "Valve is always late", they've only released one game before.

Originally posted by Feath
CS:CZ has had 3 different developers and has been restarted twice. Also, Valve didn't make it, Ritual did.

Half Life 2 hasn't been restarted at all.

They are two different things, it's not enough to say "Valve is always late", they've only released one game before.

okay, understood... but won't it be released over Steam? if it is.. imagine the bandwidth needed for it.. now consider how Steam has been delayed and is going haywire for some pple out there becase of constant updates, and pple wanting to play NOW.. and not wanting to do something else for tonite and possibly for the rest of the weekend..

see my point? Valve will have a hell of a time trying to deal with CZ alone if it is a Steam release along with a retail release, let alone a HL2 release..

edit: Feath, ur one of the more intelligent posters here, im glad ur challenging this discussion intelligently rather than those "omfg haxor j00 g0T pwn3d" responses :)

comments on this?

Originally posted by Dr. Freeman
okay, understood... but won't it be released over Steam? if it is.. imagine the bandwidth needed for it.. now consider how Steam has been delayed and is going haywire for some pple out there becase of constant updates, and pple wanting to play NOW.. and not wanting to do something else for tonite and possibly for the rest of the weekend..

see my point? Valve will have a hell of a time trying to deal with CZ alone if it is a Steam release along with a retail release, let alone a HL2 release..

comments on this?

Good goddamn point. So many people can't even use the Steam(The supposedly non-beta) right now. Im not looking to trust "buying" anything over Steam at this point.

Originally posted by Dr. Freeman

comments on this?

What happened yesterday is that everyone installed Steam and had to update at the same time. But remember less people are going to want to download CZ because they would have to pay, and some people prefer to buy it in the store.

Half-Life 2 is probably going to have a bandwidth problem though, because there's a far greater demand for it. Maybe Valve will get some more content servers up.

What happened yesterday is that everyone installed Steam and had to update at the same time. But remember less people are going to want to download CZ because they would have to pay, and some people prefer to buy it in the store.

yup.. and theres still many, many pple that have not downloaded Steam and have not updated anything.. and will probably wait last minute, or worse yet, wait til after HL2 is released to finally get Steam and update.. can u imagine the load on Steam servers and the bandwidth useage then? ya.. its a scary, scary thought..

Half-Life 2 is probably going to have a bandwidth problem though, because there's a far greater demand for it. Maybe Valve will get some more content servers up.

well hopefully, but no matter what they do to improve their bandwidth.. its almost certain that Steam will go haywire once HL2 is delayed..

right now, im curious as to how well Steam will handle the CS:CZ release.. i think this is a small tell-tale sign of what we can expect for HL2..

Im sorry to go back to this, but the skin lampshade remarks remind me of Ed Gein (person Hannibal Lecter and Leather Face, and Psycho characters were based off of).

one sick. . .duck

and based on what do you gain confidence for "no later than sept. 2oth?" When the HL2 vids were coming out (traptown) i coulda sworn it was going to come out Thursday. . .Friday. . .Monday? . . . . .er, this Friday. CHA CHING! I was right after all!

Also NOT COMPLAINING, just citing an example of gut feelings = 0

Originally posted by Irs2k3
Take it from me guys, HL2 will be Goldy on 15 of September .

of course, cause you know exactly how far along valve is and what they're planning to do next week..mmhmm.

Originally posted by Irs2k3
Take it from me guys, HL2 will be Goldy on 15 of September .

i was asking for intelligent posts.. not stuff u pull outta ur ass :rolleyes:

Originally posted by harhar
its prob delayed.. damn teh PHL guy is right...

Has Valve replied to the delay? Nope. Only Gabe via e-mail.

I'm still counting down those days left. 17 DAYS LEFT!

Back