Half Life 2 Gold Date Tomorrow

Originally posted by Quotidian---
my cpu runs 75 F and my MB runs 91 F

i only have a side fan blowing in, and a back fan blowing out.. the fan on my cpu and the fan on my ati. (and the powersupply fan)

just curious, i was comparing are rigs :)

are you serious?? my amd [email protected] runs at 36 LOL

36° fahrenheit or celsius? Im assuming celsius. 36° C is 98° F, while 36° F is 2° C.

Edit: Well, now that I look at your picture....Damn. Just ignore me.

i dont think production would take too long, but the actual world wide shipping is of concern i guess. overnight 1st class shipping? mayyyyyyyyyybe : D

Can anoyne tell me Why it is going gold, i have no idea of what a game needs to achieve to go gold.

Originally posted by Slug
Can anoyne tell me Why it is going gold, i have no idea of what a game needs to achieve to go gold.

The game is finished and it goes off to get pressed into many, many CDs.

The old master discs used to be gold, hence the term "Going Gold".

to go *gold* means it's ready to be manufactured into CD's and sold. I'm sure someone else can give you a more comprehensive meaning.

All this gubbins about it going gold any minute now... If it doesn't, all Hell's gonna break loose.
I can hardly wait.

Personally, I don't think they'll announce it. Keep some mystery going, but then news always leaks here and there.
I remember reading years ago that there were whispers HL2 was in development and that there might be a female side-kick, etc.

i repeat, i cant belive this is finally happening, freath responding to my post that is

Remedial Grammar:

There : A location. It will be there. There is the answer.
They're : Contraction meaning 'They are'. They're going to play HL2. They're thinking about releasing in September.
Their : Indicative of possession. It is their game. Half-Life is theirs.

If the game goes gold tomorrow, w00t, if it goes gold a week before release, w00t! If it goes gold 4 days before release, w00t! Just as long as it's sept.30h

the fact is, things are gonna get very tense, very fast, lets just hope it gets released in a sea of WHOO! posts

i think they are hiding it so it dosent get leaked ... or is that just a stpid idea

well the gold announcement of a pc game usually marks the date game reviewers and special people (bums walking past the replication plant :D) get copies of the game.. and AMAZINGLY is also usually the date the game is cracked, archived and released over the internet for every warez monkey to download. Maybe those valve guys had other plans... :D

at best the pirates can only get single player, unless hl2 recognizes an internet connection, and demands ID : D

sayam
Headcrab

i think they are hiding it so it dosent get leaked ... or is that just a stpid idea

Hyding the fact that it could or may have already gone gold by now that puts a different light on things..
And the Leaked issue may have ValVe thinking this way as well.

This and DR.Fremans post is worth thinking about.

Back