Half-Life 2 only standart game ???!!! Lies about game.

Every game in the world has every event as scripted. But in halflife two supposedly instead of being scripted to one purpose or thought, the ai is basically a big lottery of possible thoughts/actions that the game will choose the characters to have.

Originally posted by Oakey
Exactly, time. Some people don't have it and even more so if you have no inclination to learn. Sure it's easy if you want to, but if you don't, or have no need, then yeah you're going to struggle just using bits you've picked up.
Everybody has time. But the majority tend not to use it properly in terms of side-education.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Anyone and i mean anyone who judjes the game by a beta stolen from valve uncomplete are real sad idiots even if you say good things about the game. Why do you think half life 2 is been held back again. I just cant explain who dumb it is to hear some of you "oh i downloaded a highly illegal demo that doesnt work how it shoud it most be valves fault they lied". anyone who complains about the beta are wa**ers. The ai is probaly gonna be brilliant and theres gonna be some scripts or you would just run around a massive world not knowing what the hell was going on. I agree with all the other people who have complained about people compareing on the beta release. (AND IN THE END ITS JUST A FU**ING GAME)

Why are we even discussing this? It's NOT DONE. Christ, you idiots, it's just bits and pieces of the game, you can't judge it by what you have now. And just a word of advice: If you steal something, it's not a good idea to go complaining about how it doesn't work.

You can tell that traptown was scripted.. if you kill the soldier that spawns before you go behind the door it still gets kicked open.. you gonna tell me that was an invisible npc?

IT IS BUILDED ON SCRIPTS LAWL

wait a minute... it's not done yet.

Firstly, Valve said there were a few scripted sequences, not no scripted sequences. It's a story based game, something has to be scripted.

Secondly, no one can base opinions on a beta which has no confirmed build date (No reliable one anyway), and think that that's where Valve's at right now. There's bound to be multiple builds flying around, this one may well be the demonstration build made specifically for E3 (Maybe last years E3 as opposed to this one). Valve are far more reputable than any hacker. To give any hacker respect is to shake the hand of a murderer or a rapist. Anybody with a degree in computing or experience in the area of software development can shoot holes through this supposed hack culture thinking. This is the reason why leaked betas have a detrimental effect on game communities...

It brings all the morons out of the woodwork.

Originally posted by Lexx2k
Look at Ai in game called Silent Storm it's better then in Half-Life2.
Sorry for the bad English i am from Russia.:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
in soviet russia, source leaks you!

lolol family guy rocks:cheese:

ok sorry for offending any russians.

I'm convinced that this thread is still unlocked to show how dumb some people really can be.

Well, since the version leaked ISNT the full games, and it's MISSING textures, it AI prob. isnt the full version either...

Why do I bother coming here and reading crap like this. One day i might be rewarded with proper information, instead of misinformed/noninformed mindless dribble.

Originally posted by FAK3R
You can tell that traptown was scripted.. if you kill the soldier that spawns before you go behind the door it still gets kicked open.. you gonna tell me that was an invisible npc?

Jesus f****in christ, if you go back to page 6, 7, or 8 you'll see I went through this in great detail explaining where all the trigger points are. You're just repeating old shit.

To give any hacker respect is to shake the hand of a murderer or a rapist

omfg!! stfu! please.

How can you even compare them? Tell me, do you have any more random crap to spew forth from your mouth? That has to be the most absurd comparison in the history of mankind. Any hacker you say? What about the kind that are employed by various corporations to test their security? The white hats? Oh, according to you they're in the same league as rapists and murderers. No offense, I suggest you go curl up in a corner and die or some shit, please, spare humanity by not spreading your genes.

Whoever made this thread i have few words for you

DIE YOU MOTHER****ING SON OF A BITCH.I mean for real your judging a game you illegaly downloaded.Pathetic isnt it

Originally posted by Lavrik
Whoever made this thread i have few words for you

DIE YOU MOTHER****ING SON OF A BITCH.I mean for real your judging a game you illegaly downloaded.Pathetic isnt it

It's great when people get on their high horse. I wonder how many people are running a pirated copy of Windows XP? Or have a massive collection of mp3's and divx's?

sad to see fan boys in denial putting up baseless arguments trying their best to turn the tide in their favour. HL2 is crap..Hell even doom3 alpha was more impressive in its pre release stages than this load of crap

He never said downloading the game was wrong. He said anyone who bases thier judgement of the game on the beta is an idiot. Which is true. Try reading next time.

elf furhwahteverthefukkk.. ur little n00b ass better not be talking to me.....

Originally posted by statix
sad to see fan boys in denial putting up baseless arguments trying their best to turn the tide in their favour. HL2 is crap..Hell even doom3 alpha was more impressive in its pre release stages than this load of crap
lol.

okay, have fun with your doom3 *snicker*

Originally posted by statix

Have you read any of this thread at all? FFS, you moron, stop trying to judge games by a beta. And you think the Doom3 alpha was impressive? Come on, muzzle flashes and the flashlight and flares didn't create dynamic lights, and the shadows were all funky if there were other light souces besides the ones put in the map. Some zombies would just stand there when you shoot them, and only one had a ragdoll death. Does this mean Doom3 will suck? NO you moron, it was an old build of the game, just like the old HL2 build you are playing.

Originally posted by ElFuhrer
Have you read any of this thread at all? FFS, you moron, stop trying to judge games by a beta. And you think the Doom3 alpha was impressive? Come on, muzzle flashes and the flashlight and flares didn't create dynamic lights, and the shadows were all funky if there were other light souces besides the ones put in the map. Some zombies would just stand there when you shoot them, and only one had a ragdoll death. Does this mean Doom3 will suck? NO you moron, it was an old build of the game, just like the old HL2 build you are playing.

yeah, not that i downloaded the doom3 alpha... but lets just say that if i had, i'd be thinking that doom3 was just a pretty face with no substance, but i would also be thinking that it is just a nonofficial alpha, it wouldn' t reflect on the final game's quality

STOP SWEARING

This post was nice to read but going downhill rapidly.

plz stop it.

But that's what makes it so great. Idiots tame idiots.

Yeah, uhh... I don't know how many times this has been said, but It looks like it needs to be said again. The "beta" is just a bunch of crap. It doesn't even have all of the E3 levels from what I've heard. How can you possibly base HL2 off of that? You also have to remember that textures were apparently missing. From what I've of photos, it doesn't look like the demo justifies spending hours download...Let alone it being illegal.
Just wait until the game comes out to base your final opinions, please.
Especially the stupid ones about it supposedly sucking.

-Ghost.

"Are you going to say the new top-of-the-line, partially completed, car sucks because it is missing the motor and some wheels?"

LOL, that was a good one

Back