Half-Life 2 : Substance mod

mmmkay
EDIT: and the trailer wont download..
and wouldnd it be cool if the weapons had echo's outside? because when u shoot outside it would hear diffrent then inside, right?

hankjan: the trailer works for me... That sound effect happens if you have your audio quality on medium-high,it's automatic I think

yeah it works for me now too.

EDIT: xdiesp i think that after a loading when i play in italian extreme skill it automaticly turns back to hard... because the headshots in italian extreme are not seposed to work right?

i think the medicdance voice is edited with something... or maybe not but it sounds pretty nice.

and i think that when i play in italian extreme skill and go to the next stage it will automaticly turn back to hard... because the headshots in italian extreme skill should be disabled right?

henkjan: yes,it happens that way

ok then,MedicDance vs Nanosheep 1 - 0

cant i change that? because i keep forgetting that it changed back to hard.
does this happen to normal and easy too?

henkjan: nope! >_< oh,well,maybe we could add this to our already miles-long new features list,who cares :p

that's a cool music.. i like it

EDIT: hey xdiesp i just found a mod that has some kind of thing that has experience in it.. and levels.. like in diablo 2. and it has attributes too. :p
you said that this was impossible :)

henkjan: I told you it wasn't portable in the HL2 *campaign*,as a concept it's already been done in Hexen. The problem is these levels are straightforward: you do never come back in the same place twice. Would you accept to replay the same level 3 times (collecting kills) to become more powerful in the next one? Or passively see that you run faster on the beach than in Ravenholm?

i wouldnd collect kills.. i would just aim good(headshots are more experience then normal shots:p) i'm not sure what i would accept, i would accept any diablo 2 kind of mod.

henkjan: it should be done with some series of arenas,autorespawn of the monsters,coop,kills that give money and gameplay patterns (like constant headshots) specializing in skills. I'll talk about this to Authority,for the MP mod...

PS
once 1.2 is out,I'm gonna finally put the HL2 dvd back into the box (it's been in the case for 8 months) and then it's WoW 'til the end of the world :LOL:

Sufferin-rebel: I could attach a part of it to the Iron Man activation...

Oh man, MedicDance definitely gets my vote.

oh, and that song is pretty damn pimp.

ok,Dean sent me the teamplate for the website language selector: if you want to contribute,drop me a line (on my own I can just add italian)

simply enuff.. Want me to redo the whole italian thing for u? here u go..

Lei può usare il menu al di sopra di di navigare attraverso il delle pagine.

L'introduzione "l'ALBA E BRILLA. ..ONCE ANCORA!"

La metà - la Vita 2: la Sostanza migliora il HL2 separa lo stile di Woo di John di esperienza di giocatore, ha un'azione un nuova gamestyle orientato, une sfide mortali ed uni assassini di gorish extra lo fanno la scelta migliore per HL² i veterani che fame per più valore di ripetizione. Il benvenuto alla Sostanza reale, che l'azione è fatta di!

Un completamente aggiornato, legittima la copia di Mezzo-Vita 2 è richiesto per installare e giocare la Metà - la Vita 2: la Sostanza. I requisiti di sistema hanno aumentato a 1000 RAM e 2,5 + Ghz, il dettaglio medio.

Caratterizza Il bugfixed di campagna di Sostanza e ha rivisitato col bullsquids, il houndeyes & gli assassini La campagna di vaniglia è disponibile anche, nelle tutte le Forme di armi e Hev nuove foggia Una tutto la mappa di Allenamento di VR nuova per te stesso mettere al corrente con le caratteristiche recentissime nuove e la fare le abilitì perfezionano Il sistema di classe di Forme di HEV: scegliere l'un che soddisfa suo gaming personale assaggia migliore tra il 'la Forma di Serpente Liquida' (l'attacco), 'la Forma di Capo Grande' (la sopravvivenza) E 'la Forma di Serpente Solida' (la segretezza) UNA serie intera nuova di Tempo di Pallottola di armi ha avanzato,
il Fuoco Amichevole col sistema di rappresaglia ed anche Apre adesso le Ferite! Accovacciarsi fermare l'emorragia ed il regen la sua salute, se ha ferito male Molto hotkeys nuovo personalizzabile, includendo l'Attacco di Mischia di Alone-Vita & i bottoni di Lancio di Granata e l'Abilità & i bottoni di Imbroglioni! MINIFAQ: aumentare la prestazione, fa cadere i montaggi di dettaglio. Se lei prende conficcato in un livello, usa il Bugfix Hotkey. Se lei prende gli errori di memoria, ha letto le domande più frequenti per personalizzare il lancia le opzioni e ha una rottura dopo 1hr + i giochi. Se l'installatore riferisce l'errore 'nessuni dati spediti entro
quest'eseguibile', suo scarica è corrompe.

It is for the About page...

I would have to say the medicdance sample is the closest I think anyone will ever get to the gman. Have a listen to the edited version I uploaded, what I did was basicly matched it to the original recordings from hl2 as far as placing of lines and heavy breathing, and put the speed up about 2 seconds(I think it was 2) and don't worry about pitch changes, I used a master tempo type setting to keep the pitch of it the same, I also did what I could to filter out some of the background noise, plus the slight hissing, not that this file is that important, but I thought I would give it a more original gman feel ot it

I had to use filefront cause I could think of any other place to upload it to:

http://files.filefront.com/MedicDance/;3902767;;/fileinfo.html

Jason Voorhees: good,I'll call you for some editing once MedicDance sends me his mp3. I know it's the best on the market,but imho is still a little too "whispered"

i'm still open to do the german translation, also i'm ok with russian, but not completely fluint, i have deutch, and russian lingual keyboards as well. i have a few friends are that ukrainian, but i don't yet know if they are interested.

Script0: if you want to start from the HEV Forms and Weapons page in german,while Dean does the others...the more languages,the better

hey xdiesp i just registered and i must say ur mod is the best i really like how you made the hev froms very original and i have a few recomendations
1: could u put liquid's oicw on the ghost operation anims
2: could u put solids m4 on jens anims where its held by the carieing handle
3: can u put a tutorial on the site about how to make ur own hev forms
thanx stalker
p.s. i have already tried to change the anims but it never worked

kaotik_stalker: I would use the newer FN2000 but the modeler doesn't allow me...I'll see what I can do with the experimental M4A1. HEV Forms need coding (or Jerry,depending on your p.o.v.) to be created and modifide,nonetheless if you open the \hl2substance\hevforms.txt and \hl2substance\cfg\liquid*solid*bigboss*gordon.cfg files,you can change some "minor" settings as speed,damage and so on

kaotik_stalker: ok,thankfully the renewed m4 is done by "friendly" modelers. The coders I know bought their own VB 2003...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. dont leave us! i will have to buy WoW offcourse :p
$15 a month... hmm dunno
EDIT: hey xdiesp i found a way to translate the website to dutch..
but it doesend translate it good so i will have to change somethings.. but i dont know how it works.will i somehow be able to edit the website?

EDIT: i shouldnd use a translator. i should just translate everything myself :p

I'll be away for some days,but I'll try to manage my contacts as usual. Cya!

crap does any1 know anyway to add new weapons without using vis studio and i think that if substance is only up till the 1.2 then why r u going thru all the work of translating it will all be over soon speaking of 1.2 when is it comin out

you might be able to make some with visual basic 7, but i clearly haven't an idea as i've never used it, i would just get vs 2003 or sign up for a beta version of 2005 through microsoft for free, it will be over soon though. you get it full product, for certain amounts of time. no matter when it's finished anyone can still download it for years, so if the don't speak english well/at all, like a lot of us here, then they will still be able to learn about it.

nullYou need Visual C++ 2003, Visual Basic isn't going to help much.

And the 2005 beta version has a clause in the contract stating you're not allowed to release anything you make. And it's an ass to get working :p

-Angry Lawyer

Back