Half-Life 2 Theory based off information from Half-Life 1

He says "Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job, no one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste, until... well, let's just say that your hour has come again...

So wake up, Mister Freeman. Wake up and... smell the ashes..."

Brian Damage said:
He says "Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job, no one is more deserving of a rest, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste, until... well, let's just say that your hour has come again...

So wake up, Mister Freeman. Wake up and... smell the ashes..."
This is the part that makes no sense to me: "and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste"
What does this mean?

No matter how hard they tried, no one would have been able to do... something or other. Probably refers to stopping the Nihilanth.

Great thread with nice speculations.
The funny thing is that when you finally beat HL² you'll probably have more questions then compared to now since HL³ is already planned. I don't think they won't give much away in the HL² story.

Brian Damage said:
No matter how hard they tried, no one would have been able to do... something or other. Probably refers to stopping the Nihilanth.

Maybe Gorden worked hard for the G-Man for a short period of time, so the G-Man tells him if he doesnt get back to work all the effort will be wasted. Whats worse is that he wont even get his pay for the month :E

Back