Half life ... THE MOVIE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my final word is Doom the movie ruined Doom for me as i know it. Come on...the ROCK? as an action hero? come on! when he went past the scorpion king is ruined it for me! then he goes on to be Doom...WOW
Doom movie was such a soap opera... and with the Rock, it was... well, it was quite stupid too. It was interesting to watch though, the whole plot was very unpredictable to me. You never know, who will die next. But Doom game still rocks! Without the Rock. :)

yes i beat every doom game so im in love with them! not the movie... did anyone hear the rumor or doom2 movie! if so...we should boycot it..(sp?)

I thought the Doom movie was alright once you took it as an independant movie.

Those scenes with the tripods in "War of the worlds" made me think how fight scenes with striders might look:naughty:

that entire movie reminded me of HL haha..that and some other movie...oh the music video by Thrice...called Image Of The Invisible..look on youtube.com and watch it! it has HL written all over it baby!

but still if the movie came out it should come from an independent place...not hollywood..it should premier at a sun dance movie festival rather then on the HUGE MGM Movie screens...

but im no for the movie or against it..w/e happens its up to Valve:cheers:

When I saw this article about HL movie (really awfull) I started with my cast :)

Half-Life - The movie:

Gordon Freeman - Johny Depp
198770~The-Ninth-Gate-Posters.jpg

Alyx Vance - Kelly Hu
200684152330_KellyHu(Granitz).jpg

G-Man - Stephen McHattie
McHattie2.jpg

Barney Calhoun - Ben Affleck
ben_affleck.jpg

Dr.Breen - Dennis Hopper
breen1.jpg

Judith Mossman - Michelle Forbes
michelle_forbes.jpg

Isaac Kleiner - Jude Ciccolella
mikenovick.jpg

Eli Vance - Robert Guillaume
Guillaume-R.jpg

wow......good choice of cast, i find it prety scary how they could do as the characters too.....

Doom movie was such a soap opera... and with the Rock, it was... well, it was quite stupid too. It was interesting to watch though, the whole plot was very unpredictable to me. You never know, who will die next. But Doom game still rocks! Without the Rock. :)

It was completely predictable.

Stick your head in the dark vent, AND THEN A CREATURE GETS YOU!

Everything goes silent, people stop moving, and then slow creepy music comes up, AND THEN A CREATURE GETS YOU!

Walking in the sewer area, then your light goes out, AND THEN A CREATURE GETS YOU

You split up with your partner in a dark area, AND THEN A CREATURE GETS BOTH OF YOU!

Your sarge gets taken by the monsters, EXCEPT HE COMES BACK AS A MONSTER LATER BECAUSE WE REALIZED THAT THERE ARE ONLY TWO CHARACTERS LEFT IN ADDITION TO ZOMBIE LIKE CREATURES THAT JUST AMBLE TOWARDS THE MAIN CHARACTER WITHOUT ATTACKING SO WE NEEDED SOME TYPE OF BOSS TO MAKE THE END OF THE MOVIE TENSE!

The only way I could sit through Doom without seizing out was to treat it like a comedy and just laugh at all the retarded plot points and "twists." It's one of the worst movies in existence.

I've said this countless times, and I will say it now. Stanley Kubrick was the only director who could have pulled off a Half Life move and made it good. Anyone nowadays will just want to add in their own retarded ideas and it will just be another Doom.

Also: Alyx is black, not asian.

I like how polaris made his cast! it was an allright cast but I would not want to see Ben Afleck as Barney? And for Johnny Depp I mean yeah he would look good as Gordon but everytime I see him I see a pirate or a stressed out novelist (secret window) I dont see gordon freeman..but that is just me...give me some time and ill come up with a gordon! but the rest of your cast was good..haha i love the gman guy acsually looked identical to the gman in the game....

oh mind you that Alyx in the game is black! haha not asian... (unless her father has sex with an asian? because her dad is deff black)

I think the cast is pretty good, apart from Jude Cicolella playing Isaac Kleiner, why dont we just find all the people who donated heir faces to HL2 as the cast? Then they'd look identical

But that's what his face model was based off!

umm why r we talking about DOOM? its a HL2 westie for christs sake

Hey, it makes sense, they (valve) originally got the acter for Eli of the highway, he was standing there with a ign or something, but he reminds me of cosby, and cosby is awesome!!!

I refuse to believe that Eli's face was based off a hobo's/hitchhiker's face. Now can we please get back on topic with the movie....I have nothing further to say.....

I refuse to believe that Eli's face was based off a hobo's/hitchhiker's face. Now can we please get back on topic with the movie....I have nothing further to say.....

I'm brainstorming actors, and the best visual match for actors would be the original model bases, right?

Wikipedia said:
Notes

Eli's voice is provided by actor Robert Guillaume. While it was believed that that Eli's face and body were modeled after Bill Cobbs, this is coincidential: Eli is actually based on Larry "The Count" Heard, a local man holding a sign indicating that he was looking for work. Valve found him on the corner of Highway 520 and 148th Avenue in Redmond and hired him as a model. [1]

Wikipedia said:
Notes
Eli's voice is provided by actor Robert Guillaume. While it was believed that that Eli's face and body were modeled after Bill Cobbs, this is coincidential: Eli is actually based on Larry "The Count" Heard, a local man holding a sign indicating that he was looking for work. Valve found him on the corner of Highway 520 and 148th Avenue in Redmond and hired him as a model. [1]

oh teh noes......

oh teh noes......

YOU ARE DEFEATED BY THE MIGHT OF SOMETHING EASILY EDITABLE BUT MOST LIKELY BEARING THE TRRuuUUUUUUUUTHHHH!

*bumtish*

Although i don't know why I'm posting here, this part of the forum is starting to die. Beginning to end dying. Something.

Yeah i can see this thread being closed soon which is a shame because this is the thread that brought me to HL2.net in the first place and could potentially bring more people here. I say we get back on topic to keep this thread open[/offtopic] So any ideas for the movie? Scripts? Trailers? Anything? Post it all here

er, you know it already, but all the *hollywood*scripts sucked, according to Doug/Gabe/whomever. The also tried creating one on their own, but a movie might disturb your view of the events. It's like creating a f.e.a.r.-movie...you'd have some cool creepy stuff in it like deltateams decimated by ghosts, but will it compromize anything given by the games? f.e.a.r. was very cinematic...So was half-life...and expanding the story arc also is reserved for the games...so, no, sorry, no movies for you.

right....well...lets get this closed then...*sniff*

er, you know it already, but all the *hollywood*scripts sucked, according to Doug/Gabe/whomever. The also tried creating one on their own, but a movie might disturb your view of the events. It's like creating a f.e.a.r.-movie...you'd have some cool creepy stuff in it like deltateams decimated by ghosts, but will it compromize anything given by the games? f.e.a.r. was very cinematic...So was half-life...and expanding the story arc also is reserved for the games...so, no, sorry, no movies for you.

lol its called opinion, so dont talk as if you know there wont be a film, no one knows.

No one has really tried too hard to make a script for a Half Life movie. And theyve all failed because they were most likely following the story of Gordon Freeman. Lets get this cleared up.

Firstly, there cannot be a half life movie following Freeman because in a film you cannot have the main character saying nothing and that is fact not opinion.

Secondly, they will need to follow the storyline of another character who's story ties in with the Half life universe.

Thirdly, Gordon must be included in the film but that doesn't neccesarily mean we have to see him at all. He could just be mentioned here or there.

Finally, for all of you who dont know, the reason Gordon doesnt talk is because Valve want your feelings and emotions to apply to gordon to make you feel as if the guy holding the crowbar is you. this helps you get better immersed in the game and understand the Half Life universe more.

So for the movie we're gonna need people to write some fan fiction for us. I can see plenty of good ideas in the fan fiction section, looking at Shepherd's Epic by Epicshepherd and Malign Contigency by Edcrab. I reckon these guys should meet Laidlaw and write a good script because once that happens I can definitely see a good Half Life movie coming out.

Freeman can talk in the film, as it isn't a game and it wont be in first person perspective. Gordon can talk, he just doesn't because of the reasons you stated, in the film, Gordon will talk or it will just be stupid even hiring an actor. But like you said, we should see it through someone elses perspective, and Gordon is constantly being mentioned throughout the film, but eventually the people in the audience who dont know who he is (the people who haven't played the Half-Life series) can finally see who the hell he is, say like the character we will follow meets up with Alyx or Eli or Barney even, who tells them about his past. Would be pretty good idea, keeping the audience in question as to this mystery (apart from the players of the game).

IMO,
Half Life the movie needs to revolve around the theme of HL2, as HL1 has too much in common with the Doom games...(scientists working on portals...things go haywire...nasty monsters invade and create a mess etc )
So with the plot taking off from after the earth comes under combine control...the main character can be someone other than Freeman. It can just be another scientist / guerilla / soldier etc.

They need not make the movie a carbon copy of the game, but rather they can add a few new elements either in the kind of technology the combine use, or a new kind of a creature etc, while retaining some trademark Half-Life creatures, such as head crabs, headcrab zombies etc.

However, given the poor game to movie renditions that we have seen (Doom, Resident Evil), I doubt a HL movie is going to be good. Id want someone like Ridley Scott or David Fincher to work on a HL movie, not any damn director they find. So they either script it and do it well, or not make a HL movie at all.

I dont want it to be another sci-fi/action movie where they show the hero just going around blowing shit up and flashing a bunch of gizmos.

My two cents. :bounce:

I'm not a big anime fan, but a manga a la "film noir" would fit Half life so well... (think of spawn: the series).

I was thinking of two movies, one set during the Resonance Cascade and one set during the 7-hour-war, not following Freeman but perhaphs another band of survivors.

and one set during the 7-hour-war, not following Freeman but perhaphs another band of survivors.

Well obviously it would follow other people due to the fact everyone thought that Freeman got nuked along with BM but really he was in stasis. But yeah I think it would be nice to see what happened with the Seven Hours War.

Would be better if we played that experiance...

yay a half life movie I hope they have one for hl2 and have it were it follows another rebel in the movie and shows the same events that happen or that freemon causes. that would be cool. I would like to see a gordan frohmen movie.that would be stupid funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back