Half life ... THE MOVIE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a comedic standup movie, if made. I am no movie caster, but I hope they can get good actors to fit into a movie such as Half-Life. A horrible movie could kill the vibe of a video game.

It needs to be written into a novel by Marc Laidlaw after the last video game of HL comes out (HL3). Then after the book, maybe a movie.:thumbs:

Jessica Alba should be alix's role, but that sith lord with the Gray hair and Gray Beard that ws in Star wars Episode 2 Attack Of the Clones would be Great as Dr. Breen he fits his role just well, If Sean Connery does'nt do Dr. Breen.

Suggestions for roles:

Alix - Jessica Alba
Father Gregory - Jean Reno
Barney - Matthew Broderick
Gordon - Johnny Deep
Eli - There's an actor that looks exactly like the character but I can't remember his name
Dr. Breen - ? Sean Connery doesn't fit, his accent would ruin it.
G-Man - ?

Eli = Morgan Freeman or Bill Cobbs.

Gordon is basically a mute, so I think they should look for someone who resembles him greatly. I think if they fix up Johnny Depp he could be G-Man. (Look at Edward Scizzorhands)

Yeah that's him. Bill Cobbs would do just fine as Eli, but Johnny Deep as G-Man, I don't think so. None of the actors that have been proposed so far for the role of the G-Man fit.

Do you know that Sith Lord during Star Wars episode 2: Attack Of the Clones......That Sith Lord with the Gray Hair & Gray Beard he just looks like Dr. Breen, he'd fit the role of Dr. Breen Just well.

I hope they don't make a movie of Half Life or Half Life 2. Half Life is a GAME. You play the game to shoot Combines and fight Antlions and do puzzles. In a film you watch how someone else is fighting Combines and fighting Antlions and doing puzzles. That would be boring. And Gordon can't talk.

If I must create a movie about Half Life or something related to it, i should make a movie about Ravenholm. Gordon Freeman would not be playing a role in it. The film starts with a lovely little Russian Town, then canisters fall and headcrabs come out. Headcrabs are turning the inhabitans in zombies, and the film would be about some vulnerable people who are trying to escape Ravenholm.

Lol, just a burst of my fantasy. :p

Why the Doom Movie sucked:

1) The Rock was in it.

2) The story line in the movie was Completely different from Doom-3 the game. Instead of Dr.Bertruger making a pact with the devil & Dr. Bertruger opening portals and allowing Creatures from hell to come to this dimention, and the Devil rewarded him with power but later on satin put betriguer in hell. Then "the Doom guy" is forced to defend himself (like Gordon) then must go to hell(like when Gordon gets transported to Xen) and kill hellish demons then eventually must kill the Devil, before the Creatures from hell invade earth. But instead Doom the Movie choose the cheesy and lame "experiement gone wrong" story Which I saw quite enough these days.

But instead Doom the Movie choose the cheesy and lame "experiement gone wrong" story Which I saw quite enough these days.
but.. but that's half-life's story... *me get's sad and sobs*

jerkasaur said:
but.. but that's half-life's story... *me get's sad and sobs*

but the experiment gone wrong part in half-life story is only one part, Dont Forget the Resonance Cascade, The Journey to Xen (killing Nilianth), Gordon accepts job offered by The G-man, Gordon Goes into Stasis, Combine Invasion with the 7 Hours War, Earth Surenders, Breen is made Interm Administor of Earth, Gordon comes out of stasis and makes his return........I could go on but then it would take Eternaty to finish typing the Entire HL story.

Half-Life Movie on Gordon Freeman = Bad (Valve wants you to feel like the player, a movie on Gordon would ruin that)
Half-Life Movie on the Incident, Different Characters, Maybe changed storyline = MAYBE. (I think it would be cool to have the resonance cascade take place, and the movie is based on the total chaos and madness of the "accident". I think the characters would be like this

Main Dude = Main guy..what more to say
Barney-a-like = Comic relief
Some female scientist = Main guy likes her
Army..general...guy = Hears about what has happend, sends the troops in.
G-Man = If there is ANY kind of movie on half-life he MUST be in it
Administrator (Breen maybe) = I think it would be better to show the head admin of Black mesa and have him involved other than no contact and then he appears out of nowhere.
Headcrabs = Theyre curious about this creature (when they first meet it). They quickly find out that its not friendly.
Zombies = They make weird noises and come at you, so they kill them too
Alien Slaves = I think more personallity would be good for these. You can hear them communicate to eachother and to you in english (When they attack they'll yell "DIE!" or something along the lines of that). But i think they should show them planning out attacks and such, to clearly show that they are at human intelligence and/or higher
Houndeyes = I think they would find one, it would be curious and run away, and if they corner it, it makes that shriek noise and attacks. Soon theyre travelling in packs attacking the main characters.

But they should not in ANY WAY get into the main storyline. Like Gearbox, they will be in another area of Black Mesa, and will not interact with any of the characters used by Valve and Gearbox.

I really liked the openning scene of Opposing force. They think this is some half-ass mission that will pass by like a breeze, then their helicopter is blown down and theyre overrun by Aliens. I also think a side-story for a group of grunts would be neat too

If the G-Man were to be in the movie, I dont think he would speak to them or anything. If he does show himself, I want him to be shown to only one of them (Lets say theyre all looking for a way over the ledge or something, one of the characters turns to see the gman watching him/her, the gman simply turns around and walks away, the character would either act as if it was only his/her mind and ignore it, or try to go after him, just to end up at another dead end.

As for a "boss" im not sure what they would do. The Nihilanth is at Xen, the Gene worm is destroyed by Shepard. So maybe there wouldnt be a "boss" enemy.

If they were serious with the movie, and added some serious effects, it would be good. But it cant be corny. And thats what i think the movie should be like

Wow i typed alot more than i thought i would :|

I think a movie based in the "half life world" would be good... like with the combine and evey thing... the main charachters being some one else and stuff...
that might make it interesting.

Christopher Lee or something like that was the name of that Sith Lord-he will make a fine Dr Breen,you have seen him in The Lord of the Rings-Saruman or something like that....

Christopher Lee would be perfect as Dr. Breen.

IF there is NO Gordon then there is no half-Life. Half-Life is about Gordon, so if there was a HL movie with out Gordon it would'nt feel like HL, Gordon + Gman + the Science Resistence Team + Father Gregory = HL Story.

A major Part of the Hl story is about the Life & Legacy of Gordon Freeman.

Christopher Lee would rock. He also played Saruman and Darth Taranatus (or summat).

I think I know an actor that would work as the G-Man, Stephen McHattie. The only problem is that his voice is much different than the character's.

why not make a movie that is about someone else than gordon, like a story about what happens to adrian shephard after the black mesa inncident, or just make a movie in the half-life univers telling us abit more about the g-man and his clients or what he actualy represents????.. they have the posibilety to do that, valve has allready made blueshift(barny) and opposing force(adrian) why not make a more inndepth movie that tells us most of the things we wanna hear and see??

I smell a Adrian Fanboy, Half-Life IS GORDON FREEMAN, I dont think VALVe would make a movie without Gordon.

I seen a picture of Tobey McGuire not long ago and he looked a lot like Freeman. Dunno if I'd want to see a big star play him tho, a really fantastic unknown would be great :)

Jonny

Crowbar-at-hand said:
but the experiment gone wrong part in half-life story is only one part, Dont Forget the Resonance Cascade, The Journey to Xen (killing Nilianth), Gordon accepts job offered by The G-man, Gordon Goes into Stasis, Combine Invasion with the 7 Hours War, Earth Surenders, Breen is made Interm Administor of Earth, Gordon comes out of stasis and makes his return........I could go on but then it would take Eternaty to finish typing the Entire HL story.
but it all starts with an "experiment gone wrong". of course in the movie it could be that they fight and run and shoot and see scary things and... i could go on till the end credits if you want me to. ;)
a third-viwer kind of movie could be cool. i liked op4's pov.

Experiments gone wrong are only cheesy and lame if they are done in a cheesy and lame way. Same goes for all cliches. They're reviled only because they're so often done badly. Take Warcraft 3 or the film Independence Day. Original? No. Good? Yes.

In my opinion Half-Life would be one hell of a hard movie to make. First you gotta deal with how you film Gordon and stuff, and there would be a lot of pressure on the crew to make the movie live up to the Half-Life fan's expectations.
Second, for Half-Life 2, you had real actors doing the voices and an emphasis on characters this time around. Some of the actors don't resemble the characters very much. It would be kinda weird to have all different voices.
I guess the best way would be an animated movie, like Final Fantasy or whatever, but that's something I wouldn't really want to see since the game is already animated + the game is already so much like a movie!
:O

Hmm, saw this picture of Ewam McGregor, goes well with Dhabih's artwork :)

JOnny

Attachments

• gordon-ewan.jpg
    gordon-ewan.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 285

JOnny
Yeah, I can see that happening, if you add a beard and some glasses. I think Ewan McGreggor is a bit short though, unless I'm mistaken. Gordon should be pretty tall.

Either way, it would be strange to make a Half-Life movie, because Gordon would either have to talk (which I have no problem with in a movie), or it would have to leave him out altogether, which can't be done without some serious complaining from every HL fan on the planet.

I think an HL movie could be really good though, if made by the right people. Otherwise, it could be fantastically terrible.
Only no-brainer games like Doom3 can afford to have no-brainer movies made after them, because the stupidity goes hand-in-hand. Something smart like HL would need a smart, serious movie to follow, althought I'm sure it's tempting for Hollywood to make an all-action romp - you know, the kind you've already forgotten when you step out of the theater.

Edit: I stuck that picture of Gordon and Ewan McGragor in Photoshop to see if it would actually work out, and so far it seems okay... although maybe a little too young-looking,... and minus the smile, of course:

gordon-mcgregor.jpg

JOnny

It's all in the eyes. As Dario D. demonstrates with that great photoshop effort, if you cast someone with green eyes, all you need to add is a pair of thick, black glasses and a dark goatee and you have a pretty respectable Gordon Freeman.

I smell a Adrian Fanboy, Half-Life IS GORDON FREEMAN, I dont think VALVe would make a movie without Gordon.

How do you talk about a fanboy, when you and several other people are breeds of fanboyism? Half your post contain you hating on a fictional virtual video-game character, and ragging on everyone for liking that character. That is Anti-Fanboy, or more common folk, a bandwagoner. Anyways...

Kevin Spacey could be a perfect Gordon Freeman. Or Johnny Depp.

Arnold Schwarzenegger would make the best Gordon Freeman imo. Seriously, i mean come on check this out:
ArnyGordon

Picture Arny fighting headcrabs, or compare that with Ewan..
:)

Arnold Schwarzenegger would make the best Gordon Freeman imo. Seriously, i mean come on check this out:
ArnyGordon

Picture Arny fighting headcrabs, or compare that with Ewan..
:)

Lolz when he kills a hedy he says his signature quote "You've Been Freemanated"

Jessica Alba should be Alix, Freeman will be who ever looks like him. Christopher Lee should be Dr. Breen. Eli should be Morgan Freeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back