Half-life2 VS Halo2[GameSpy Poll]

operative x said:
Mario 64 was just an adventure game just like anyother on snes or genisis but with 3d graphics, thats it.

*counts to ten, takes deep breath*

My ill-informed friend, you do not know what you are talking about

You have just commited the most heinous video gaming crime imaginable - I can no longer talk to you for fear of being tainted.

I'll settle for regular Nintendo over SNES, N64, or Gamecube any day. In fact, in most cases on consoles I'd settle for regular Nintendo over them.

No other system has been as groundbreaking as Nintendo, and none ever will be. Mario 64 groundbreaking? Consider it next to Super Mario Brothers and it IS NOTHING. Mario 1 is as amazing as it comes my friend. Mario and Luigi became cultural icons. Hell, I'll say it now, Mario Brothers was a more groundbreaking and well thought out game than HL1, HL2, Halo 1, Halo 2, and either's mothers.... Take that.

operative x said:
Mario 64 was just an adventure game just like anyother on snes or genisis but with 3d graphics, thats it.

True, its really overrated..and a total bore to play. Crappy childish leve design too..i never liked Nintendo (after 1996)..im glad they probably will be gone soon! :devil: *waits for a horde of flames*

edit: And Halo 1&2 is horrible games..Bungie screwed the PC scene years ago by being sell outs to The Evil Empire.

Xenome said:
I haven't seen any game yet with integrated physics into gameplay such as in HL2.

I haven't seen any game yet with such detailed facial expressions as in HL2.

I think (and alot with me) that HL2's graphics are better then doom 3's or far cry's...I honestly mean that.

Also, cs:s is not the only HL2 MP, eventough it's by far the most played MP FPS game on earth. We also have Dod:source, TF: source, and team fortress 2 is coming soon.

ETC.

Furthermore: We'll see if Halo 2 can compete with the scores that HL2 got from magazines..;) I'm talking about scores like 98%, 97%, 96%, etc.

I respect your opinion, eventough it's pretty much all bs..

I'm sorry, but you're on crack if you think HL2 looks better than Far Cry in terms of graphicly capability. But whatever, you can spend your time getting scratched by retarted headcrabs, i'll play a real game on my HDTV. What I dont understand is how people are satisfied with 5 year old games as the main MP for "the most anticipated PC game"...but I guess everyone on this *** site is a HL fanboy.

UmbrellaMaster said:
I'll settle for regular Nintendo over SNES, N64, or Gamecube any day. In fact, in most cases on consoles I'd settle for regular Nintendo over them.

No other system has been as groundbreaking as Nintendo, and none ever will be. Mario 64 groundbreaking? Consider it next to Super Mario Brothers and it IS NOTHING. Mario 1 is as amazing as it comes my friend. Mario and Luigi became cultural icons. Hell, I'll say it now, Mario Brothers was a more groundbreaking and well thought out game than HL1, HL2, Halo 1, Halo 2, and either's mothers.... Take that.

Maybe so - this is all subjective.

As much as I love the oringal Mario Bros/Lost Levels, I prefered SM3 and SMW - they may not have been as 'defining', but were better games. (We'll be arguing about Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner in an attempt to prove our retro upbringing before long ;))

I think Mario 64 did as much as the original - not only did it take Mario into 3d, but it did it perfectly (so many games lost the appeal of their 2d roots in the transition to 3d. Mario 64 did it with style - 'feeling' as 'Mario' as any game)

Another Edge 10/10 no less - and understandably so.

h00dlum said:
True, its really overrated..and a total bore to play. Crappy childish leve design too..i never liked Nintendo (after 1996)..im glad they probably will be gone soon! :devil: *waits for a horde of flames*

edit: And Halo 1&2 is horrible games..Bungie screwed the PC scene years ago by being sell outs to The Evil Empire.

*dds h00dlum to the list of 'lost gamers' :'(*

TheHitman5 said:
I'm sorry, but you're on crack if you think HL2 looks better than Far Cry in terms of graphicly capability. But whatever, you can spend your time getting scratched by retarted headcrabs, i'll play a real game on my HDTV. What I dont understand is how people are satisfied with 5 year old games as the main MP for "the most anticipated PC game"...but I guess everyone on this *** site is a HL fanboy

Well um... it IS HALFLIFE2.net. What do you think we do here... worship trees and sing to squirrels? I agree with the statement that said HL looks better than Far Cry, the facial animation is amazing and the physics are bar none better. The lighting of HL2 is the only thing I can see that brings it down graphically. Oh, and playing games on any TV, be it HDTV or no, the graphics always look worse than on a high res computer screen.

That last post of yours sure was trolling for flames, I pray you have a lot of fire insurance.

Warbie said:
As much as I love the oringal Mario Bros/Lost Levels, I prefered SM3 and SMW - they may not have been as 'defining', but were better games. (We'll be arguing about Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner in an attempt to prove our retro upbringing before long )

Manic Miner! :thumbs:

Glad to see I can have an intelligent gaming conversation with someone here. :)

9588 now for Halflife 2 guys, cmon lets break the 10,000 mark help me out here! We could still be worth a chance :rolleyes:

TheHitman5 said:
I'm sorry, but you're on crack if you think HL2 looks better than Far Cry in terms of graphicly capability. But whatever, you can spend your time getting scratched by retarted headcrabs, i'll play a real game on my HDTV. What I dont understand is how people are satisfied with 5 year old games as the main MP for "the most anticipated PC game"...but I guess everyone on this *** site is a HL fanboy.

Y'know, for one, no one has played either game; therefore no one can really judge the graphics yet. Also, if you're partaking, or continuing to partake, in this discussion just throw flames on these boards, then, by all means, fawk off. We get enough flame-tards around here. If don't have any respectful, constructive criticism, then be silent. Having a cock fight over, "My game is better than your game" is like watching two 6 year olds arguing about who's got a bigger wang.

Yep, still doing it...Every 5 seconds I refresh there is at least 1 more Halo 2 vote....It's all a set up.

Ownzed said:
Yep, still doing it...Every 5 seconds I refresh there is at least 1 more Halo 2 vote....It's all a set up.

I would expect this kind of talk from HL2 fanboys. I bet if HL2 was winning know one here would think it was set up.

Don't forget, Halo got disqualified in the greatest game of all time contest because their fanboys spammed the thingy

bliink said:
Don't forget, Halo got disqualified in the greatest game of all time contest because their fanboys spammed the thingy

lol Seriously? This calls for... LINKAGE!!!... In other words, please varify.

100 votes

but people must learn how to vote

open 2 or 3 browser windows, that speeds up the thing by 3!

Apollo 13 said:
I would expect this kind of talk from HL2 fanboys. I bet if HL2 was winning know one here would think it was set up.

I completely agree.... but then....

You know I also reckon that if HL2 was winning that halo2 fanboys would be saying its rigged.

So shhh. People are stupid everywhere. They aint just confined to one place. :)

anyway this is ridiculous

everyone knows which game is better, and those who think it's Halo 2 are just wrong!

but right now HL2 is growing a little faster though

for every 30 H2 votes there's 40 HL2 votes

bliink said:
http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/0404.shtml

(keep in mind, the results there are _after_ they restarted the voting, before that, halflife had like 2000 votes, and halo was at 15000 in about 2 minutes)

That's Half-Life 1 vs. Halo 1 though... This match between the two sequels was retarded from the very beginning because nobody has played either game.

Holy cow sh¡t, click next and look at the Doom and Mario 3 match.

MadHatter said:

so yes, your one(or two) vote can make a difference lol

Doom was fantastic - but this is Mario 3 we're talking about. What a game :)

MadHatter said:
That's Half-Life 1 vs. Halo 1 though... This match between the two sequels was retarded from the very beginning because nobody has played either game.

Well technically people have played Halo 2. Of course that just makes them more biased towards Halo 2 since they havn't played Half-Life 2 yet.

the poll is to see which game is most anticipated by gamespy readers, not which is better.

Fargo: Not at all! The world needs to know which game is more hotly anticipated by our readers.

Which are you most excited about?

it's amazing what good ole' fashioned reading does.

so stop complaining about gamespy comparing (as in quality etc) the 2 games.

nb: this may have been said in the last 15 pages, but i dislike reading through 15 pages of senseless whining because peopel simply don't read.

do you really think gamespy simply bases who's voted or not on cookies ? i think they learnt during that zelda vote to be a little more secure.

If Half-Life 2 was winning, then no one should complain about there being a setup.
Simple, Half-Life 2 is more superior, and Half-Life 2 was winning in the first place. And who the hell visits www.gamespy.com? How can it get that many voter? They never get that much people, not even their servers!
Why is Half-Life 2 more superior? It just is.

Tredoslop said:
And who the hell visits www.gamespy.com? How can it get that many voter? They never get that much people, not even their servers!
Why is Half-Life 2 more superior? It just is.

you have no idea how popular gamespy is do you ?

Damn, I want to play HL2 now :( I've played Halo 2 but VU is so stupid, none of us "normal" journalists get copies before the release...

The page isn't showing for me, has the poll ended?

phantomdesign said:
They'd probably get into legal troubles if they did allow you.

Chris_D posted the wrong link on HL2.net's homepage. The poll is still open.

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/562/562510p1.html

No, they would not get into legal trouble. I'm a journalist and usually get copies beforehand. Thus only VU and MS have not given out retail copies of their games this time. I played the MP of Halo 2 on every games convention last year but I haven't even played Half Life 2 yet.

Let's be honest here: VU is not very talkative when it comes to HL2 so news are low profile and mostly not commented. Only VALVe are different but they don't answer to European questions (I tried to get some info for an editorial I did)...

As much as I hate to admit it, Halo 2 has worse fanboys. But only by a slight margin.

Anyway I, along with at least a couple other people here (Warbie?), will be enjoying both games :)

Soundwave said:
As much as I hate to admit it, Halo 2 has worse fanboys. But only by a slight margin.

Anyway I, along with at least a couple other people here (Warbie?), will be enjoying both games :)

Damn straight - i'm looking forward to the challenging combat and co-op of Halo 2 co-op just as much as the super immersive experience of HL2 :)

Both game are going to rock \o/

Nooooooooooooo......we're still losing..... halo 2 is up to 30,000 votes

Back