Halflife2.net Minecraft Server

Server difficulty right now? I can't log in to minecraft.net or the hl2.net server.

If Minecraft.net is being hammered, you probably wont be able to play on the HL2.net server. Just try again after few minutes. Don't be one of them (assholes) who clicks retry over and over.

I got on after about 2 hours
of FURIOUS clicking of Retry

EDIT: Thank you Vegeta for tagging up the joint. It's way classier now.

Is there a reason no monsters are in the server? Are there no monsters in MP at all?

I can't be the only one who wants to put zombies in his caves.

Didn't you say something about marking your name somewhere near somebodies place vegeta? Maybe that's what he means.

That's like, not even that close.

And also I didn't know where Mutoid's place was when I made it. I was travelling south.

If you hate it that much just cover it up with a layer of sand or something!

Just like we do with you on the forums.

/me begins shoveling.

Just think of it as a burial in a sea of imperfect pixels. Soothing.

It's not like you defaced something of mine, or even like it were right on my doorstep. Just letting you know I happened upon your handiwork. I'm assuming you also were responsible for the Bender help message?

Futurama sucks. No of course I did not write that.

Fightin' words aside (unless you specifically mean present tense), if it's not yours, then someone else did it using a similar lettering style. My apologies.

There isn't much room for style variation when you're making 3x5 sized letters, you know.

Show me how many different styles you can write the letter E in here:

20101013011811capture.jpg

Two I'd say. But why stop at 3x5?
Because you only have so much room? Why make the letters bigger than they need to be. We both just wanted to get our messages across.

Five in as many minutes.
You think you're pretty clever, don't you!?

Well despite the fact that it is true that two different people writing 3x5 letters is going to look quite similar, I will admit that Raziaar came to me to draw up for him an alphabet of 3x5 letters for him to use as a guide to write his message in the sea. So there's your answer.

Somebody noticed the message? Haha.

Yeah, that was me, and yeah I did request vegeta help me out with a template.

I mean come on... you should have known it was me. It was near my place and it was... COME ON!

Server will be down tonight around 10-11pm CST. Probably until around early morning. Maybe 4am.

****ing maintenance. Always at Oceanic peak times. GOD.

:p

Got on last night and was having difficulty with a socket exception (turned out it was to do with my network card and seems to be ok now). Ended up with two sessions somehow and I can't get the first session back so just played on with the second - which is fine, but I dunno if it messes anything up server wise and there's a diamond pickaxe and shovel not being used in it's inventory (though I did find some diamond and replace them).

It now takes over 40 minutes to make one backup. :v

20101015045745capture.png

>Believing the time estimates windows gives you
>especially when it involves thousands of tiny files/folders instead of one giant one

>my face when I just leave the room and do something productive

1272578964569.jpg

It still takes a long time, even if the time estimate isn't exact.

is minecraft down in general?? nothing is working for me

Our server is down. I'm doing some things. Only taking it down during after hours since traffic is low.

What are we gonna do when the next big(oct. 30) update gets released? Start all over?

I imagine people are a bit too attached to their current projects to just leave them completely, but I had an idea for a compromise should we decide to start fresh, while keeping the old stuff as well: move the spawn point to another location that's empty but not too far away. The existing buildings would still be there to visit or work on, but we'd be able to erect (heh) a new "town centre" style area and build around that as well. Hopefully by that point minecarts will be working, so transiting from one area to the other wouldn't be difficult once we got up a track.

Anyway, just an idea. As far as I'm aware, notch hasn't even revealed which changes are in store for SMP, so it's kind of pointless to decide anything just yet.

I don't see any reason for starting over/moving the spawn. The only thing I could think of is if he added new blocks, which could be mined elsewhere.

Is the Oct 30 update not compatible with what we've been playing or something?

I can understand moving spawn once evil monsters start spawning in multiplayer. Our current fancy structures aren't all made with exploding critters in mind.

Is the Oct 30 update not compatible with what we've been playing or something?

Afaik, we shouldn't have any compatibility issues. From what I've read on the wiki, the only updates that aren't compatible would be adding of new blocks. These would only show on newly generated map areas (which makes sense).

Also Eejits, we have monsters disabled (mostly because you can't kill them). If he ever fixes that, we can choose to enable them or not.

I don't see us starting over unless there are some new block types that are real game changers. Even then we would probably need a nearly unanimous agreement to start over.

Server down for a day or so. (Don't quote me on that, though.)

We're doing the migration now. Check back later for the new ip.

Yep. Server is out of Hokey's hands now. It's in my hands and I'm going to do everything I can to get this up and running on the mynecraft server as soon as possible and hope to have it up either tonight or tomorrow.

In case you want a backup the world as it is this very day somewhere for safekeeping, you can get it from here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?12n5bs2urqfrf2s

The www.mynecraft.com hosting looks more and more legit every day. THis guy is constantly updating the site, I've been in contact with him several times and he's always speedy and informative with the responses. He even recorded a video and stuff for help on getting the website control panel stuff up and working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0OihD3dyDg

So I really think he's trying his damned best to make it as successful as possible and have a feeling we'll be treated really well.

Let me know if you need any help setting up the server Raz. Did you get a linux box or windows?

Just last weekend I spent about 6 hours figuring out how to get my friends and I's private server up and running on a CentOS vps. If you need help getting the server and the admin mod and everything installed, working and configured let me know. There's no documentation for any of it (on linux at least).

Let me know if you need any help setting up the server Raz. Did you get a linux box or windows?

Just last weekend I spent about 6 hours figuring out how to get my friends and I's private server up and running on a CentOS vps. If you need help getting the server and the admin mod and everything installed, working and configured let me know. There's no documentation for any of it (on linux at least).

We went with www.mynecraft.com hosting. They CAN set us up with linux an everything... but no support will come with it. RIght now we're going to see how the default stuff works. They're going to offer to accept our server information and get it all hosted basically how we had it, so it should work great.

Mynecraft also offers this as a new feature... This will save me SO much time and prevent headaches.

20101019203446capture.png

Back