halflifesource.com

halflifesource members are just jelous of our sexy post count, they wish their's was that big.

Probably because they have so many guests and hardly any members online at any one time.

Abom said:
Can someone test this for me (non-mod)? Go into our forum's members list, and check how many people you can see on each page, and see how many pages of members there are. By their statement, people who choose to be invisible can't be seen on the members page (all 24000 of them, heh), therefore it should theoretically be the same for our forum.
lol 30 members per page, 433 pages, thats approximately 12990 members. Any way I wasn't trying to defend them, I posted that on their forums to see what kind of response I would get.

Kadayi Polokov said:
Andy Hodges is probably asleep, thats why your post is still there dude.
Ya I tried to make sure he wasn't online when I posted that, and now that other people from hlsource have replied to it I suspect he will have a harder time deleting it.

The Mullinator said:
lol 30 members per page, 433 pages, thats approximately 12990 members. Any way I wasn't trying to defend them, I posted that on their forums to see what kind of response I would get.

Didn't say you were, if anything i'm trying to help you by proving that their statements about invisible users are wrong.

The Mullinator said:
Ya I tried to make sure he wasn't online when I posted that, and now that other people from hlsource have replied to it I suspect he will have a harder time deleting it.

Don't count on it mull, those are probably just some of his Schizo personas who posted. ;)

Deadline said:
Ah they took my Avatar too... damn them all!!! Im gonna sue :p

hmm hehe i saw that also. i think some people have memberships on both sites and just liked the avatars. meh whatever.

I'd never heard of their site before now, but a quick check shows that they took the Hl2.net avatars too. The ones that show the various HL2 charcacters peeking out from the left border.

All told, there were around fifteen avatars there that I recognised as belonging to members of our site.

Some even still had the grey colour that lets the avatars blend in with HL2.net title bars.

I'd suggest that everyone that doesn't want their stuff taken go down there and see if their avatar is on display.

Oh dear they have indeed nicked our avatars. RblDiver I'd appreciate it if you could see about removing our images from Halflife Source.

Regarding members and all it doesn't really matter although their stats are indeed wrong. There's no 'invisible' users, all that happens when you select invisible mode is you're hidden from the currently active users list. As of this time they've had 6288 sign ups and have 6238 current accounts. God knows why it's showing as 31,194 but it's very wrong :)

Oooh. It would appear someone's banned my account on Half-Life Source before I even posted anything :) I’m sure this must be a mistake because I very much doubt anyone would be pathetic enough to deliberately ban me without any justification. If you could look into this too that would be great, thanks.

Munro said:
Oooh. It would appear someone's banned my account on Half-Life Source before I even posted anything :) I’m sure this must be a mistake because I very much doubt anyone would be pathetic enough to deliberately ban me without any justification. If you could look into this too that would be great, thanks.

Being banned without justification.......that would be Andy Hodges work, RblDiver seems an ok guy he just hangs with a bad crowd.

bluejacket said:
I just read something hilarious at HL2.net. The kids at HL2.net seem to think that Fragmaster left PHL because of them. Now THAT is funny. Most of the Half-Life 2 community don't even visit HL2.net or even know what the hell it is (and their site is ugly as shit anyway).

Fragmaster indeed left because of the things he stated in this thread. Not because of kiddyland. What idiots (and not the first time either).

Good luck to Fragmaster, you will be missed.

heheh, what a newb! I dont remember anyone saying that Fraggy left phl because of us, do you guys? I do infact remember one of call him a nazi, but thats about it! I also like the part about the community not visiting us, 8000+ registered *ahem*

lol, guess I would have been banned too if Andy got to the thread I made before some regular members did. Since someone is probably keeping an eye on this thread, I guess I better not say anything that might piss them off.

EDIT: heh, I like the post count Munro has over there. ZERO!

The Mullinator said:
lol, guess I would have been banned too if Andy got to the thread I made before some regular members did. Since someone is probably keeping an eye on this thread, I guess I better not say anything that might piss them off.

EDIT: heh, I like the post count Munro has over there. ZERO!

hey mulli, I responded to the 30k + thread you made, "just a glitch" my ass. Oh and to whoever is spying on this, I love hlsource!

Six Three said:
hey mulli, I responded to the 30k + thread you made, "just a glitch" my ass. Oh and to whoever is spying on this, I love hlsource!

I'm Neutrino64 over there. I think I debunked their little pet theories rather nicely. What was this job you speak of ;) ? If it pays lots I'll do anything. :)

MaxiKana said:

I responded to your post there. Heh...I think you may have miscalculated a little. :E

About the 31,000 member claim. Perhaps that is the number of unique visitors they've had and they're just using that number?

Well, afaik the Vb software calculates the number of members by how many people that have registered.

Neutrino said:
I'm Neutrino64 over there. I think I debunked their little pet theories rather nicely. What was this job you speak of ;) ? If it pays lots I'll do anything. :)

You can be my carwasher! $50,000/year company car, complimentary apartment, elec/food/hyrdo all paid. No pets.

Six Three said:
You can be my carwasher! $50,000/year company car, complimentary apartment, elec/food/hyrdo all paid. No pets.

I'm there.

Munro said:
Oh dear they have indeed nicked our avatars. RblDiver I'd appreciate it if you could see about removing our images from Halflife Source.

Well, if I could then I would. Thing is, A) I don't have the access (everytime Andy changes things around the forums decide I'm not worthy and switch everything around, this is where I think some of those 30k come from, the thing just being funky), and B) I wouldn't even know how if I did have the access. I think it is just some sort of weird thing that vBulletin does. I do admit it is strange :p

As for your account, that may have resulted from earlier this year/later last year in all the hubub. I'll see what I can do, but again, the forums don't like me to have too much power :p lol

If Andy wants more cordial relationships between the two sites, then it'd be in his best interests.

Looks like it's down (for maintenance maybe?) :naughty:

Looks like your IP banned, lol its still there. Anyway, I must say that RB|Diver is one of the nicest people over there. Too bad he doesn't have too much power.

As for the avatars, well, you'd be wrong saying they're HL2net's property, since they are Valve's property. Valve's screenshots, Valve's property. Besides, I think it is some sort of automatic function of vBulletin that picks some up, so don't go blaming us.

I will blame you. There's no way avatars from this site can magically appear on yours unless an admin downloaded them and added them to your forums. That crap about them being Valve's property is rubbish we created the images it doesn't matter if it contains elements from Valve's games. I expect them to be removed.

Oh i do love a good website war. But any immature activity on their site will sort of prove their "hl2.net kiddie" statement true :|.

Fat Tony! said:
Oh i do love a good website war. But any immature activity on their site will sort of prove their "hl2.net kiddie" statement true :|.

We aren't the ones faking our membership numbers, faking our online activity and fiddling our post views.....I think the kiddie (or kidding) behaviour is firmly in their court.

The Mullinator said:
I must say that RB|Diver is one of the nicest people over there.

True, Diver is pretty good....

hmmmmm.

Right, I've had enough, we should meet these halflife source punks in the playground after school and call each other names.

lol this is ridiculous..
Instead we should challenge them to a game of DoD,CS or another mod, get the best players from each website and face off just for the hell of it. Hey thats not a bad idea eh? :naughty:

mchammer75040 said:
lol this is ridiculous..
Instead we should challenge them to a game of DoD,CS or another mod, get the best players from each website and face off just for the hell of it. Hey thats not a bad idea eh?
Yeah but they'd use hacks and cheats, cheaters! :sniper:. Or just edit the score like they did with member numbers :p.

:| when you think about it all this moaning is pretty pathetic. It doesnt really achieve anything. Member numbers is like saying oooh i got more posts then u :p:p (/childish voice)

Fat Tony! said:
Yeah but they'd use hacks and cheats, cheaters! :sniper:. Or just edit the score like they did with member numbers :p.

:| when you think about it all this moaning is pretty pathetic. It doesnt really achieve anything. Member numbers is like saying oooh i got more posts then u :p:p (/childish voice)

I mostly agree, except for the fact that they use the number to claim to be the largest hl2 community on the web on their main page.

This is all rather childish, personally i think the best thing to do now would be to march round to this Andy Hodge's house (If that is his real name) knock loudly on the door and then promptly..***n off round the corner giggling.

Yes, that old British sport of Knock Down Ginger should sort 'em out.

But on a serious note, I think that a CS match between the two site's staff would be really fun and cool :)

ComradeBadger said:
Yes, that old British sport of Knock Down Ginger should sort 'em out.

But on a serious note, I think that a CS match between the two site's staff would be really fun and cool :)

CS is lame... i should start not like you for that :)

[sarcasm]But the CS engine is so good, we have to do it.[/sarcasm]

I reckon some sort of match would be cool, but it would need to be something more interesting and light hearted that CS.

Back