Halo Speculation

G

Godrith

This forums mainly for the upcoming Halo 3 release. It's prefered that you have at least read the books but anyone with a pure love of halo can speak his/her mind.

This forums mainly for the upcoming Halo 3 release. It's prefered that you have at least read the books but anyone with a pure love of halo can speak his/her mind.

Nooo, this forum is mainly for Half-life.

anyway, considering he's new and all. i think halo is a great game series. preferred the first one though, it's way more fun in co op for some reason

anyway, considering he's new and all. i think halo is a great game series. preferred the first one though, it's way more fun in co op for some reason

I thought the first one was good enough. Bit over-hyped but it's still good. The books are good as well. Haven't played the sequel yet as I don't have an xbox.

Something like the origianl with online co-op would be very cool.

The sequel is basically "quantity over quality" as far as the campaign goes. And for multiplayer, it's "cool factor over balance".

Anywho.

I'm excited for Halo 3. I wonder what Bungie is doing with the Sword?

Halo3 will be cool. Multiplayer better be dead ****ing amazing and they better bring Sidewinder back or I will be quite upset!

The question is, what will they do next with the Halo series... Hmmm.

Of course it says "Finish the Fight", but that in no way means the end of the story. It just means it's the end to that story arc.

I just hope that Bungie at some time comes back and makes some other sort of Halo 4. In fact, I wouldn't doubt it if they are already starting planning for it. Two Halo's per console lifetime would be big money for MS...

I never really liked the Halo series, BUT the first was better. By miles.

After getting my invite to the MP beta and seeing a bit of leaked footage and screens (shield grenade is most definitely a grenade type btw and should be a really interesting change to tactics and gameplay) I'm a lot more excited. I wouldn't be nearly as excited if I hadn't read the books (which kick ass - minus The Flood - basically Halo the game on paper and is written by a different author than the others).

The sad thing is the events of Halo 1 & 2 are the least interesting events in the Halo universe :| I'd so much rather play a game based around The Fall of Reach.

Iced: While I know they're not done with the Halo universe (Halo Wars) I think they might round it all off with Halo 3. Though I don't want them to, I doubt they can get enough closure to round out all the events of the books and games (ok, maybe the games :p).

I also REALLY hope the events of the book come into play this time around. I want Dr. Halsey, the other Spartans, the remaining S-III's and other characters to actually come into play this time. That is...unless they're being held back in that Dyson Sphere so they can be used in another game by making a big discovery about the Forerunners or something :|

In no way do I think Halo3 is going to be the end... They will find ways to keep the Halo universe alive. Sure, we might not always play as Master Chief, aka Spartan 117, however there are a lot more Spartan's we can play as, and we could even have games about the books and such.

Story and gameplay aside, leaving the biggest franchise while it's near it's peak is dumb business-wide. While there is money to be made, Microsoft will keep investing in the Halo IP. It's simple business move right there. Through Halo Wars, the Halo movie, and I'm sure that Microsoft/Bungie are thinking of more Halo-related games, this really isn't the end.

It would be cool if they made a real time strategy game based on the Halo universe

Halo was originally planned as an RTS in the first place anyways :)

???

It was planned as a massive Battlefield-type game originally. I remember them saying something like, "Those players that want to be pilots can have a completely different experience than a player that just plays infantry. If a pilot wanted to he would never even have to set foot on the ground to fight." etc.

here comes the hype

it will be 2004 ending all over again

???

It was planned as a massive Battlefield-type game originally. I remember them saying something like, "Those players that want to be pilots can have a completely different experience than a player that just plays infantry. If a pilot wanted to he would never even have to set foot on the ground to fight." etc.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-Qg7-IvGI[/YOUTUBE]

Halo at Mac World

if i remember right, halo was at first an rts game, then they developed it as a multiplayer game solely for the mac, then they started making it for pc and mac then microsoft came along and ballsed the whole thing up

the end

Ah, after reading the Wiki:

Bungie Studios later stated an even earlier development build of the game centered on real-time strategy and was "basically Myth in a sci-fi universe."

This is in 2000, like 6 months after that Macworld presentation. It seems like the RTS concept was very short-lived. By 2000 it was noted as a 3rd person action.

That's when it was supposed to be a Battlefield-type game with huge multiplayer environments etc.

God I wish a Halo like this was released (minus the silly MC-robot voice):

[YOUTUBE]DLPA9KxgsNE[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Ok so the game was kinda like that, but it would've been way cooler if it had the open terrain, military aspect, more actual operations etc.

Yeah that would have been a better game. The part where the elites snuck up on them in the facility (sword scene) was sadly better than most cinematics in halo 2. I also agree with your point on the more militaristic aspect and the open terrain. I also like the elites weapons more (not crappy slow shooting plasma). The fact they have no sheilds but MC does is weird (ableit interesting).

Wow. That trailer was awesome. Yeah, I would really have liked that version of the game. Although, it's seems to have been a bit of a messy development strategy, it seems they first modelled the Warthog, wrote the theme music and created Master Chief, and then added everything else gradually as the game changed from an RTS to a 3rd person shooter to an xbox-exclusive FPS.

wtf at first vid. its like CS 1.6 vs. CSS (which would be the actual released Halo)
The weapon sound fx in the 2nd vid were pretty good.

2nd video was more like a machinima than a trailer...

Halo Wars....wonder how that will turn out, not too horrid I hope.

I read the books - entertaining. The fight in and out of the Covenant ship would be fun, and there are other Spartans too. I'm still waiting for Halo 2 to come out on PC (which means waiting for Vista to work properly too).

I agree the name could use some work but overall i think they might be able to redeem the Halo 2 storyline (PLZ:angel: ).

Master Chief is Samus Aran from the future. With a sex change.

Master Chief is Samus Aran from the future. With a sex change.

But in the first designs Master Chief was actually going to be a girl :/. And with a minigun like teh one mounted on the warthog. Why did they remove it...tear*

Back