Harry Potter HBP

nofx

Reaction score
Im surprised anyone hasnt started athread on this? Anyone got the book yet, my friend says " he does" because his sister owns abook store. I cant wait and im getting excited each hour that passes.

I've been really anticipating it. I had a little drop in excitment yesterday because, although I was adamantly trying to avoid spoilers, the internet kindly dropped the biggest spoiler ever right into my lap. I'm still going to enjoy reading it, but I know what happens. I don't know the specifics of it though, so that's still pretty intriguing, knowing what happens and not knowing HOW it happens.

Darkside55 said:
I've been really anticipating it. I had a little drop in excitment yesterday because, although I was adamantly trying to avoid spoilers, the internet kindly dropped the biggest spoiler ever right into my lap. I'm still going to enjoy reading it, but I know what happens. I don't know the specifics of it though, so that's still pretty intriguing, knowing what happens and not knowing HOW it happens.

Yeah, untill you get half done with the book, and find out how it happens...

-NSF

what are you people talking about? Theres a new Harry Potter book or something?

I believe it's released Friday night/Saturday morning at midnight.

I've been checking for a leak on the internet for the last few days :p

No dice...just some crappy fan fic.

Gonna go grab it tomorrow night.

OCybrManO said:
What does the HBP stand for? Is it Hot Boiled Peanuts?
Half Blood Prince IIRC. Sadly, I lost interest in Harry Potter half-way through the fourth book.

xLostx said:
go back to making my clothes

Yes maste-

I mean, No, you imperialist gangster! We will be freed from tyranny, opression, and teh persecution of liberty. We will defeat you with the weapon of Singlehearted Unity!

ok, sorry for the spam.

??

I thought these were children's books. Are they actually good reads and such?

In all honesty I like em. Gotta flash back to your childhood at some point I guess ;)

What are the chances of me grabbing one of these on Sat.? Slim to none?

I once loved the H.P books. I even rolled up paper and make them into wands. But that was a long time ago.

RakuraiTenjin said:
??

I thought these were children's books. Are they actually good reads and such?

The writing isn't fantastic, but the storyline, if you're into that kindof thing, is pretty compelling. The idea was you got into it around the books release at around eleven and 'grew up' with the hero; this worked neatly for me give or take a few years, but getting into the series as an adult might be tricky

HALF A SPOILER!!! DONT READ! please dont! just dont!

_______ kills________ !!!!

;)

should you read it or shouldnt you? is it really a spoiler or is it just a joke? why is there a winking smiley? what does it mean? whats with this awful mindgame? mwuahaha

jondyfun said:
The writing isn't fantastic, but the storyline, if you're into that kindof thing, is pretty compelling. The idea was you got into it around the books release at around eleven and 'grew up' with the hero; this worked neatly for me give or take a few years, but getting into the series as an adult might be tricky
Ahh. Even if not intentional what a great marketing and audience scheme. Harhar

Well, I'll be gettin' the ol' book Friday night. Probably be finished with it by Saturday evening.

Hopefully it'll be better than the last one.

Getting it tomorrow. The first 3 books weren't very good, but the last two were awesome.

Alrighty I finally know who kills who!

Hedwig killed a mouse... The mouse WAS going to be essential to the story but then her murderous instincts told her to swoop down and rip its head off..

:eek:

I used to like the Harry Potter books, but I've lost interest and I'm probably not gonna bother with the rest.

I tried to read one of them and couldn't stay interested, just dumb stories about magic and such...meh

How many are out at the moment? I got half way through the 3rd of 4th one, I can't even remember what it was about I just remember it being a lot thicker than the ones before it. I haven't read a book from start to finish in years (not including school ;))

I read them up to the 3rd(I think it's the third...Prisoner of Azkaban or something).

They're pretty fun to read... They're the only books where I actually read each one in one sitting.

I plan on reading the others soon... How many are after the 3rd one?

xlucidx said:
I read them up to the 3rd(I think it's the third...Prisoner of Azkaban or something).

They're pretty fun to read... They're the only books where I actually read each one in one sitting.

I plan on reading the others soon... How many are after the 3rd one?

Seven in all AFAIK, the 6th is the latest and is being released tomorrow.

Mmh... I was kind of a fan when we were expecting for the fifth... Then I just got bored and found Teh Wheel of Time \o_ Compared to it, Pothead feels so childish, stupid, unrealistic in its own world, and everything. Its just no match for the epic scale of Wheel of Time :)
Definately still going to read this one too, but not spending any money...

1-4 where verry verry good book, I really enjoyed them. 5 was crapp, she didn't know what to write and it was porrly done.

Ya Five is my least favorite I never read the second just saw the movie but I love the harry potter books it alwas takes me away from my home.

My sister is buying it. So I'll probably read it when she's done with it.

I'm actually surprised at how much I enjoyed the other books, so yeah, I'll probably pick the next one up at some point.

Datrix said:
Sadly, I lost interest in Harry Potter half-way through the fourth book.

I thought that the second half of the 4th book was the best in the series thus far. My favorite anyway. So refreshingly dark and demented. :)

The 5th book wasn't as great as the 4th, but my third favorite in the series. I am interested in the 6th book because of the complications that arised in the 5th. Good stuff.

The book will be released in 5 hours 15 minutes. It'll be released 7.01am over here.

Adrien C said:
1-4 where verry verry good book, I really enjoyed them. 5 was crapp, she didn't know what to write and it was porrly done.

Agreed. Will be picking this up, although I have still Da Vinci Code to finish off. Which one to read!?

I hope Harry isn't as angst in the next book. In the Order of the Phoenix it was always ''ARGH GO AWAY DIE MY PARENTS WERE KILLED RAGH VOLDEMORT FLASHBACKS PAIN SCAR SCAR'' whenever someone spoke to him. I swear, the amount of coversations with him that involved J.K having to press the caps-lock button when writing were unbeleiveable.

But anyway, I'm getting it tonight. Whenever I can be arsed to move.

hmmm i wonder if it has any of the scenes played out in the HP hentai i have....:upstare:

neptuneuk said:
HALF A SPOILER!!! DONT READ! please dont! just dont!

_______ kills________ !!!!

;)

should you read it or shouldnt you? is it really a spoiler or is it just a joke? why is there a winking smiley? what does it mean? whats with this awful mindgame? mwuahaha

Holy crap, Hagrid dies? :(

:D

Anyway, I'm getting it! The fifth one was the only book I've ever read totally in a moving car! (well the first time through it anyway, I've read it like four times)

Back