Head-Humped Looking For Few members

Sgt. Redneck said:
well dekstar start co-ordinating us.
You can be organised soon enough. We need a website first though, with a nice forum where we can all meet and discuss ideas. A mate of mine owns the URL "www.gaming-mansion.co.uk", and he's VERY KINDLY given me free hosting. There's a thread with a guy offering web designing, and I'll get in touch with him ASAP. :).

By the way, the URL is already set up at www.head-humped.gaming-mansion.co.uk

:)

Alright, get that website up! I have drawn the concept for the Standard Rifle, it is a bullpup, but with the magazize inserted from the top, it also has a under-barrel grenade launcher (didn't know if you wanted that). Also, the standard carry for the rifle will be right handed right? If not, i have to change the ejection port, and the weapons saftey. BTW i think my scanner is working again and i will get those pics to you as soon as possible.

Kebean PFC said:
Alright, get that website up! I have drawn the concept for the Standard Rifle, it is a bullpup, but with the magazize inserted from the top, it also has a under-barrel grenade launcher (didn't know if you wanted that). Also, the standard carry for the rifle will be right handed right? If not, i have to change the ejection port, and the weapons saftey. BTW i think my scanner is working again and i will get those pics to you as soon as possible.
Ok. Well, to answer your questions, A bullpup idea with a top insertion magazine sounds great, really unique. But the Grenade launcher depends on if it's carryable by a barny type or a soldier type. Since it's classed as an explosive, they must be used only by Soldier types, otherwise the game will be unbalanced. Other than that...

Also, right handed is fine. I don't think it would really matter except from an aesthetic point of view. We could always have a vote for it in the forums (Like for left-right mirroring)

And great news on the scanner. Get those pics in. Also, I've been doodling a bit in English (I was only needed to listen, so it's not important), and I've come up with a few ideas that I'll redraw on some proper paper.

Really cool ideas, I've been in contact with you. This is gonna be a fun mod :)

Yep. When the site's up, I'll create new threads with all the information we've gained, and a little recruitment section and stuff :D. We're really steaming ahead. Hell, I could release Models at the moment - they'd be the Stock ones :p.

I might consider upgrading the existing skin quality though....

Dek, if you want i can mod the current imageviewer i've got for you to showcase current work

oh and if you want me to set up a phpbb2 forum for you, just say the word

/me hugs fantastico

rpgprog said:
do you still need a coder, I will email you shortly
YES!! We need a coder badly. I'll see your email!! WOOO!! Thanks.

I have finished the rifle model in Paint. I have posted it on photbucket, but it is rediculosly small. I will try to email it to you, and if you could post it in this thread i would thank you. It was originally clear (all white) but my mouse fell off my desk and hit black all over the model, so i finished coloring it. If you dont like it, i could try to redo it.

Post your reply here, i wont check my email.

Kebean

Kebean PFC said:
I have finished the rifle model in Paint. I have posted it on photbucket, but it is rediculosly small. I will try to email it to you, and if you could post it in this thread i would thank you. It was originally clear (all white) but my mouse fell off my desk and hit black all over the model, so i finished coloring it. If you dont like it, i could try to redo it.

Post your reply here, i wont check my email.

Kebean
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/dekstar/RifleConcept.png

Yeah that's looking great, but you really need a scanner ;).
I've also been busy drawing weapon concepts, and here's a shotgun concept I've drawn up, complete with ideas about how it loads:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/dekstar/H-HShotgunConcept.png

Ok now I gotta head off to school. Be back at 3:15 ^_^

Nice, but it looks too rounded (at least to me). GD Scanners are little b*tches. My dad told me to stop working on this till summer, but i will keep on it even if i have to use paint.

If i could use the advanced feature of illustrator, i could give you guys a kick ass concept, but im not there with it yet.

BTW, how did youi get it up there in its original size?

Kebean PFC said:
Nice, but it looks too rounded (at least to me). GD Scanners are little b*tches. My dad told me to stop working on this till summer, but i will keep on it even if i have to use paint.

If i could use the advanced feature of illustrator, i could give you guys a kick ass concept, but im not there with it yet.

BTW, how did youi get it up there in its original size?
I'd much rather it if you didn't use paint - it's such an old tool, and you could be doing much better concept art.

Also, I didn't get it up in it's original size - I shrunk it and changed the file type so it was smaller :p

The Shotgun looks cool, but i don't know about the rifle.....

I like this mod, sounds awsome..

I will be in contact with you soon dekstar to show you one of my maps... :p

-NonStopableForce

NonStopableForce said:
The Shotgun looks cool, but i don't know about the rifle.....

I like this mod, sounds awsome..

I will be in contact with you soon dekstar to show you one of my maps... :p

-NonStopableForce
Yay! Still no word on the coder, though.

If you sent me an email, but it didn't get through, then please send it to my other address "[email protected]" Stupid hotmail spam blockers suck...

ok i will send another e-mail. I have to say though, I never tried something this big before. I looked at the tutorials given by VALVe and understand them all, but I am not sure where to put the files and how to compile them. I do not have VC++.net and do not want to pay 100+ USD for it for a fun project. I will give it a try though.

rpgprog said:
ok i will send another e-mail. I have to say though, I never tried something this big before. I looked at the tutorials given by VALVe and understand them all, but I am not sure where to put the files and how to compile them. I do not have VC++.net and do not want to pay 100+ USD for it for a fun project. I will give it a try though.
No problem. I sent you a PM about VC++ ;)

Well, think of it as a learning proccess. Later on you'll have someone else working with you too, so a little of the weight will be lifted from your shoulders there :)

i guess. I would like to try and I believe I will be able to figure out how to do a bunch of stuff. I could also ask teachers and stuff. I should be good soon. and I found someone selling 8 copies of v studio .NET 2003 for only 9.99 USD. I prolly will able to get one of those.

In other news: Your leader (Read: me) won't be here for the next few days - I have moved my main computer into school for my final GCSE art exam, and you won't be able to reach me (They won't let me hook up to the internet because they don't know how :() So yeah, I won't be here until maybe friday.

nope, i talked to him he said, i think 3 or 4 days he was going to have it there..

-NonStopableForce

Ok, how gay is that? The stupid government decided it was funny to rip up the road that hides my telephone line. They ripped the cables apart and they've only just fixed it. Anyway I'm back, and I've been drawing concepts, which I'll upload when I can get them on some decent drawing paper ^_^.

-Dekstar

P.S. I'll be getting in touch with the site designer on the % done of the site. hopefully it'll be around the 100% mark ;)

Post em' where you draw em. Seriously all my concepts are in a lined notebook. It is just where i draw. White paper kills the small amount of talent i have.

Kebean PFC said:
Post em' where you draw em. Seriously all my concepts are in a lined notebook. It is just where i draw. White paper kills the small amount of talent i have.
Yeah but these doodles are seriously small. I've been doodling them in class, and I can't do a huge bloody full scale one, so I do it on paper later.

I got art today too, so I'll just draw it better in that.

nice to know you're back dek, as always, if you need help with the little easy things i'm always around :p

oh and i've got some ideas to talk to you about at some point

Looks good, but is it semiauto matic, or a single shot weapon? If it is Semi, you have to have the slide pass over the hammer, if not, that is a cool concept. I got a scanner, but my comp doesn't like it, so i am scanning my images in on my laptop, and will post them later today (hopefully)
I have Concepted the:
.75 Recoilless
Standard Rifle
SMG
Carbine
Scout Rifle (No, not the Steyr Scout)
Pump Shotgun, Clip loading

Muh, i just formated my pc yesterday, and i needed a background, and i came across the back ground you made, and i tweeked it to match the default windows xp.... :cool:

Its at 1280 x 800, its only 13.4 KBs too :D

-NonStopableForce

HERE WE GO!!! My first scans in two years!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v687/Kebean/?action=view&current=Image3.jpg
This is the Shot Rifle (Left) and the Standard Rifle (Right). The standard rifle is in NATO .308 caliber, with a 30 round clip. It fires either semiautomatically, or 4 round bursts. Its cyclic rate is 600 RPM.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v687/Kebean/?action=view&current=Image2.jpg
The SMG on the Left with a possible ironsight view. Or an ACOG 4X Scope option. It fires the .44 magnum caliber round from a 25 round clip, it is recoil heavy, but powerful. It also has barrell vents (grooves on the hand gaurd) and a collapsible stock, its cyclic rate is about 800-860 RPM. On the right is the .75 pistol.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v687/Kebean/?action=view&current=Image4.jpg

On the right is the scout rifle. It is smaller then the standard rifle, and fires a more powerful round, the .30-06, but it is more accurate and it fitted with a 4X-16X variable zoom scope. It can be fired either in the semi-automatic or fully automatic mode (750 RPM). It had 10 rounds per clip. On the left is the shotgun concept, i havnt finished it yet...

Ok, tell me what you think, and when the website is up (get it up man!!) tell me what else you want. The carbine is not here, cuz my drawing of it sucks.

Ok, those are all really cool. The second image is probably the best. that SMG looks kinky, I would like to have that in the game (maybe without iron sights or a scope, because of the speed and size of levels)

And I'm sure we could fit some of the other weapons in, not all of them though.

EDIT: Hmmm, Well, I don't really know the differences of them, but I'm thinking it would be like the regular USP, so it depends on what type that is.

and nice background, I like it!

They are mostly rifles cept #2, and yes since they are only 2D it would semm to be skinny. Thatnks for the critisim! seriously it helps! Look forward to hearing more.

I have been kinda working on my own here (sorry). Is there anything you would like concepted? If so, give me a weapon name, class, caliber, and rounds per clip. I will draw it if it doesn't exist, and if it does, i will modify it. Again, when the website is up, let me know...

Ok, how about thinking up a concept weapon for the Zombie CTF? One that shoots razorblades. Now, I know this isn't your style, but try and do different views ASWELL as isometric/3D views. Could you do that? Oh, and make it look quirky, it doesn't have to work in real life at all, just look cool and like it came from Ravenholm. :D

Ok, is it organic, or machine? Razorblades, eh? Ok answer the above question and you are set...

ok ive sent an email to [email protected]
as i said im only learning. Ive been doing that type of lighting for 2 days so i think its pretty good :p

PS. seeing as im only learing at the moment, i wouldnt mid if sum1 could get a tutorial on sliding glass doors. Im trying to make a hl2 version of my house at the mo. i cant get the glass doors right :'( lol

catch ya later

Kebean PFC said:
Ok, is it organic, or machine? Razorblades, eh? Ok answer the above question and you are set...
Machine. I don't see much from.... Ooooooh, you've just given me an excellent idea! How about (Now this is just an idea, whether it'll work or not is an entirely different matter) some sort of weapon that shoots flailing limbs (With Ragdols), which subsequently blow up, like a grenade launcher? That would be Machine too.

EDIT:
Darkwolf said:
ok ive sent an email to [email protected]
as i said im only learning. Ive been doing that type of lighting for 2 days so i think its pretty good

PS. seeing as im only learing at the moment, i wouldnt mid if sum1 could get a tutorial on sliding glass doors. Im trying to make a hl2 version of my house at the mo. i cant get the glass doors right :'( lol

catch ya later

Nice I like the pictures. Obviously those textures would be more like Black Mesa Were, and otherwise they look good. I don't have any tutorials for sliding glass doors, but try hl2 world - they have everything.

Also, there wouldn't be as many red security lights, and they'd be brighter and maybe spinning. But other than that, it looks great!

I am thinking big and rusty air powered weapon. With large rivets and... i am working on it...

Back