Headcrab Plush Toy Kit

My dream come true...a headcrab on a hat. You sir, are a god.

Good work.

Don't post this topic on the steam forums. There is something going on there.

why are all the stitches on the outside, shouldn't you turn it inside out at some point?

This was my first try at sewing. And most of the dark lines are the the lines i used to cut. If i make another one then it will be fur. And if a mdl decompiler ie released for version 44 then i will most likely make a furry antlion, updated headcrab.

m0nKeY said:
Stolen from the Steam forums ;)

No, the steam forums (without notice) closed the thread that i posted all my work in. I don't want them trying to close down every plush headcrab thread.

Hahaha! Awesome!

Too bad I don't remember any of my HS home economics sewing. :LOL:

I'm very tempted to see if my mother or someone could make this and use fur to to give it a colour scheme like that little Half-Park headcrab...

one of you should make me one for christmas :D

slashandburn i have started to make a paper version using your images in the zip file just to give me an idea of how it fits together, but i have also enlarged the pieces by 15% ready for the actual plush version.
any suggestions on materials (thinking about some kind of latex), colours etc

You should put some cloth over the outside as a skin to hide all the seams.

Other than that, it looks excellent :D

color is something that im thinking of. Now if i use fur the i can get differenr color furs and go crazy. All i would have to do is split the peices some more, by cutting them.

My next project will be a furry headcrab.

those are the most freaking confusing directions I've ever seen, yet I feel strangely compelled to create my own fuzzy lamarr.

:cheers:

i just raided my mom's fabric collection and came away with wonderful pieces of fake sheep's wool, felt, and various other headcrabby colored pieces of cloth. i will post pics when I finish it. :imu:

It's cool but it doesn't look realistic..it's too plain. :(

slashandburn said:
color is something that im thinking of. Now if i use fur the i can get differenr color furs and go crazy. All i would have to do is split the peices some more, by cutting them.

My next project will be a furry headcrab.
your sig links dont work!

luketabor said:
those are the most freaking confusing directions I've ever seen, yet I feel strangely compelled to create my own fuzzy lamarr.

The design is a little crazy. But once you get the hang of it it isn't so bad.

i seriously need those pics/instructions!!! this would be a great homemade gift for my cousin! please, ASAP get these to me! (links are borked for me)... i need to learn how to sew

anything else that could help me in my endevour to make a plush headcrab?

thehunter1320 said:
anything else that could help me in my endevour to make a plush headcrab?

Heres some pages that i found helpfull

http://sewing.about.com/library/weekly/aa092000a.htm
http://sewing.about.com/library/lessons/blessonindex.htm

And it takes a lot of dedication. Good Luck :)

Heres a link to the background. If it doesn't work try again later, my school's internet has been unstable for the past week. Remember to thank "friendly garg" for making half-life 2 southpark characters. http://friendlygarg.hl2files.com/

http://auburn.edu/~fullemg/mod/HL2_Showoff.png

did you use a sewing machine for yours or did you hand-sew? i'll be hand-sewing (yuck) because my mom says our sewing machine is borked.

luketabor said:
did you use a sewing machine for yours or did you hand-sew? i'll be hand-sewing (yuck) because my mom says our sewing machine is borked.

Mine is hand sewed. Theres something about sew the inside and then flip it to make it look good, but i don't understand that one yet. By hand it will take about 20 hours. 10 or 12 per half. Maybe if you use a machine it's construction time could be brought down to 5-8 hours. It just takes forever to hand stitch.

My next crab, that will be synthetic fur will be made with a machine.

i get the inside out thing, it's pretty easy...

the flaps that you actually make the seam on are supposed to be on the inside. hold it how it is supposed to look, but with those flaps going down. then sew the seam along the base of the flaps.

turn it over, and you can't see the seam.

ooh...after spending an hour cutting out the paper pieces and cutting out 4 pieces of fabric, I have one whole 1/2 inch seam sewn. :sleep:

luketabor said:
ooh...after spending an hour cutting out the paper pieces and cutting out 4 pieces of fabric, I have one whole 1/2 inch seam sewn. :sleep:

I know the feeling. It took me three hours to make the first arm.

Put some extra material on the inside to make a framework sorta. I did it on a few points on the top to get the head to buldge correctly, less roundly.

Back