Headcrab Plush Toy Kit

please please PLEASE www.yousendit.com me those pics/new snark kit... or even see if it's small enough to be an attachment

i wonder why your server never works for me :\

I would never have thought that plush toys of incredibly dangerous xen life would be so cute.

Because I have no crafts talent at all whatsoever $30 for both a headcrab and snark? Anyone?

Make a Houndeye; those would be a great plush. :)

DOG might be kind of interesting too.

I have no talent in this area :( I can't get my head round the instructions :p

SHIPPI said:
I have no talent in this area :( I can't get my head round the instructions :p

For which one, i have some general tips for each. I always start at the top part, which usually is the biggest part and then start to add parts to it.

I know that the instructions are complicated, but the only other way to have them would to do it step by step. Think of the instructions as a map. Each edge leads to another. join the two edges and sew them together. I will say that the instructions are easier then my first instruction, which was the 3d model.

Note : LOD level 3 models look like the best canidate for patternization if anyone is wondering.

Ooh! Sweet. I need to learn to sew... I wonder how much these would go for on EBay...

[Dragoon] said:
Ooh! Sweet. I need to learn to sew... I wonder how much these would go for on EBay...

I keep asking myself that too.

Evil note: It will at least go for material cost. Anyone selling it would of course be selling the convience of not sewing. I will say after making two different patterns i would pay someone else to make the darn thing.

It would of course be an "incomplete" toy, I.E. missing the stuffing.

garg!!! c'mon, u know it'll be cool, and then when i go and make a 6 foot version!!!

anyone know if there is a kinda of paint we can use on fabrics? Like a spray on dye?

Then we can REALLY get it to look right. :D

A2597 said:
anyone know if there is a kinda of paint we can use on fabrics? Like a spray on dye?

Then we can REALLY get it to look right. :D

There are fabric paints, and somehow you can air brush on fabric(i saw this for teady bears). Go to your local craft store they must have something.

i love the way no matter what i post on this thread i get ignored... maybe if i say something worthwhile.

Mad-Larkin said:
garg!!! c'mon, u know it'll be cool, and then when i go and make a 6 foot version!!!

The garg is in the works. Right now i'm trying to get the polygon count down. And then i get my school printing facility in the library to print it, for free. They can do paper sizes up to 36 inches.

I wonder if there'd be any legal implications of selling these on ebay, I just say cos the head crab is a valve concept isn't it and I wonder if they'd send SWAT round to your gaff and have you heavily penalized!

maybe I'm confusing valve with microsoft

The patterns are free for everyone to use. Anyone can make one if they work on it. The only reason someone should sell a hadcrab on ebay would be for people who can't sew. It's more like selling the service of not sewing. Like everytime i see a scalper their selling a hat, with a ticket.

HeadLobster anyone?

Good work. I swear, make a bullsquid, and I will.... Thank you very much! I will kiss your e-feet!

incorrigible said:
How about a pattern for a lifesize, anatomically correct Alyx?

Don't go there, i allready have had enough problems on the steam forums about people talking about that.

slashandburn said:
For which one, i have some general tips for each. I always start at the top part, which usually is the biggest part and then start to add parts to it.

I know that the instructions are complicated, but the only other way to have them would to do it step by step. Think of the instructions as a map. Each edge leads to another. join the two edges and sew them together. I will say that the instructions are easier then my first instruction, which was the 3d model.

Note : LOD level 3 models look like the best canidate for patternization if anyone is wondering.

I'll give it a go again when I have some free time :)

slashandburn:

dude... my HDD just crashed and i lost eveything you e-mailed to me... could you possibly do it again? :( :( :( :(

slashandburn, u are a champion among champions, not only are u providing me with a way to make my own headcrab, you are putting up with and not flaming ppl who keep losing the files or can't get them cos their pc is shit and everything else.

Bravo, and thanks

okay, we just tried to make it in paper, it didn't work so well but we figure the material will be easier. Of course, we'll still do a prototype. Just in case I am too incompetant to get that to work.

-- mad larkins girlfriend

Mad-Larkin said:
okay, we just tried to make it in paper, it didn't work so well but we figure the material will be easier. Of course, we'll still do a prototype. Just in case I am too incompetant to get that to work.

When i made a paper version i had to press some edges together that were to long. UV unwrapping ins't perfect. And also with the paper versons make sure to fold every line you see. Making it with fabric takes more time, but is easier.

thats good to know, and we did fold every line. i think i messed up somewhere though, probably why it looks funny hehehe

Mad-Larkin said:
thats good to know, and we did fold every line. i think i messed up somewhere though, probably why it looks funny hehehe

Something else that messud up my paper verson was angles. I had to balloon out sections or pull them back in. The best way to get it done right is to trace out the shapes and also mark the lines that make up triangles. I always try to match up the linse since it has some curvy parts.

Valves Response to Alystair(steampowered) about getting the right to commercially produce headrabs

"Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately we are not granting the the rights to use the IP you are seeking. We appreciate your initiative and for coming to us first. We hope that you will respect our wishes on this decision.

Sincerely,

Kellie Cosner, Valve"

CR33P said:
maybe I'm confusing valve with microsoft
O_O
nice

slashandburn said:
"Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately we are not granting the the rights to use the IP you are seeking. We appreciate your initiative and for coming to us first. We hope that you will respect our wishes on this decision.

Sincerely,

Kellie Cosner, Valve"
o_O woooow they're helpful..

Flib is going to make a headcrab! yay! :D
Flib will never sleep! :naughty:
(nothing new o_o)

head
crabs
are
seeeeeeeeeeexxxy

Back