Headcrab Plush Toy Kit

well, i am gonna try, i have brought 2 types of fur. one sort of suede to go on the bottom, this is dark brown. and a light brown short haired fur to go on top, it won't be quite like the picture, but fairly close

Attachments

• hcrabz.jpg
    hcrabz.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,128
I did think of trying to get the head to be one peice, but it can't happen. I have to account for roundness.

Mad-Larkin said:
we don't exactly need shots of the headcrab.

I thought you could use it for color references and to find a similar material to use as the skin.

I just noticed they look like a beige-colored stuffed pillow, so I figured why not try and make 'em look more like they are in the game. (It would be WAY cool to get some circular-patterned red material that looked like the mouth!)

Wal-Mart sells fabric paint it works on felt as well. (I'm making a snark out of felt)

they don't have Brown/Off white, however you CAN brish the paints on, or mix them. :D

If you make a snark be care full with the front faces. I think one triangle is a little messed up.

After I finish my crab tonight i'm going to double check the snarknest pattern and make one. I have allready cut out all of the neccessary peices to make the second half of the crab. Tip mark an M & N on the peices. Mirror & Normal.

quick question with the snark...I see

"Front Leg"
and "Rear Leg"

not "legs" do I need to print that page out twice? or am I simply missing something? :D

And as for the front, yea, one was a little too long, but no biggie at all. Already done with that (Note to all people: Felt = BAD MATERIAL TO WORK WITH!!! You can EASILY tear it, and I'm using a more fabric felt for this...)

ahh, oh well. Going to finish up the back then call it a night. long day ahead of me tomorrow

A2597 said:
quick question with the snark...I see

"Front Leg"
and "Rear Leg"

not "legs" do I need to print that page out twice? or am I simply missing something? :D

And as for the front, yea, one was a little too long, but no biggie at all. Already done with that (Note to all people: Felt = BAD MATERIAL TO WORK WITH!!! You can EASILY tear it, and I'm using a more fabric felt for this...)

ahh, oh well. Going to finish up the back then call it a night. long day ahead of me tomorrow

mirror the peices, turn them over, You have the design to make 1/2 of a snark to make the other half just turn the peices over.

45% done with the second half of headcrab

OHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK!!! Now this is making ALOT more sence!

ok, no problems now. :D That means I'm finished with page 1 of 4. :D The legs should go alot faster if I'm not mistaken...

OK, I'll (Hopefully) finish it off tomorrow. depends on when I get home. :D

Slashandburn, thank you for your services in supplying me with a plan for a plush headcrab.

you should start making these and sell them for lazy people like me who dont wanna sew. if you could make one that fits over your head that would be sweet.

this should be stickied

NOW
plush headcrab is kickass

Mecha01 said:
you should start making these and sell them for lazy people like me who dont wanna sew. if you could make one that fits over your head that would be sweet.

I've been thinking of that. But trying to think of a way to sell my services + material cost, not the object.

DJRedLine said:
Nice
does it fit over your face?

Nope, but i can think of a good reason for this. The headcrabs in game life must be able to streatch themselves to latch onto people heads.

Now that we have plans for a plush lifesize headcrap, how about a plush lifesize Alyx!! :naughty:

MajorPayne said:
Now that we have plans for a plush lifesize headcrap, how about a plush lifesize Alyx!! :naughty:

DON'T talk about such things in this thread. It's the reason why the last one was shut down.

Crowbar?

Slashandburn, all these patterns are awesome. I'm going to start making some as soon as I can get fabric.

I'd like to request a pattern for a plush life-size crowbar, to go along with the headcrabs. And whack your friends over the head with. That'd be awesome. :D

- Charybdiz0r

CharybdisXV said:
Slashandburn, all these patterns are awesome. I'm going to start making some as soon as I can get fabric.

I'd like to request a pattern for a plush life-size crowbar, to go along with the headcrabs. And whack your friends over the head with. That'd be awesome. :D

- Charybdiz0r

Crowbar... Sounds easy. I will have it done soon.

A crowbar would defiantly be awesome.

I'd love to know how to make a Hound Eye. I'd probably stick a squeaky toy inside of it.

okay, we have made 2 headcrabs now, and one snark. i hav emy first scrap headcrab, and now one made of fur and a sort of suede. i know the colors aren't like the ones in the game but they are okay. i also have a scrap snark.

we're gonna stuff them later, will post pics then

Mad-Larkin said:
okay, we have made 2 headcrabs now, and one snark. i hav emy first scrap headcrab, and now one made of fur and a sort of suede. i know the colors aren't like the ones in the game but they are okay. i also have a scrap snark.

we're gonna stuff them later, will post pics then

Good Work

Extra Info

Part 1 of ? my sewing by numbers guide

http://auburn.edu/~fullemg/mod/1.0-Basic.pdf

okay, we now have 3 headcrabs. and an unstuffed snark. here, have pics.

the white one is Ta'ari, and the brown one is spanky. ta'ari ended up with proper fangs whereas spanky doesn't, he's domesticated.

Attachments

• Image(025).jpg
    Image(025).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 478
  • Image(027).jpg
    Image(027).jpg
    35 KB · Views: 479
  • Image(028).jpg
    Image(028).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 568
  • Image(030).jpg
    Image(030).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 473
  • Image(031).jpg
    Image(031).jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 535
Mad-Larkin said:

the white one is Ta'ari, and the brown one is spanky. ta'ari ended up with proper fangs whereas spanky doesn't, he's domesticated.

very nice

ever thought of making a plush guass gun? :eek:

or an ichthyosaur would be kewl :D

or maybe.. even a citadel (probably not plush, but something hard like toothpics would be incredible)

Mad-Larkin said:

hehe wow...impressive stuff :D
time to email Valve and show off some of ur hardwork? :)

Whoa that's cool :D
For the headcrab, do I have to make two of each headcrab piece?

Flib>Noone said:
Whoa that's cool :D
For the headcrab, do I have to make two of each headcrab piece?

yeah, the plans are for 1 half, so reverse them all and you'll have the parts for the second half

I'll send you 15 bucks if you'll make one and Fedex to me by christmas.

Edit: Nevermind I saw the EBay link.

Back