Headcrab Plush Toy Kit

and if u look on that link, 15 bucks doesn't even cover the costs, let alone the hours upon hours of time it took.

If these things were mass produced then the cost would be around $1.00 a peice, but since that right hasn't been given out yet it costs a lot to make one. Buying fabric 1 yard at a time is so expensive.

i want one for christmas soooo much. but i wont get one because nobody loves me

you should totally start an ebay business with these things!
i just hope that they would sell well :(

Thadius Dean said:
you should totally start an ebay business with these things!
i just hope that they would sell well :(

and i think valve my start to complain if u started a business with them.

valve could make so much money out of merchendise though...
hell i'd get tons of shit.

i guess it would demorilize valve, maybe put them into "gasp" a mass consumer market enviroment. Hehe... i'm talking shit. :D

no, i think your part right, about the mass market thingy. valve now publish their own games don't they? as in they aren't bound by a publisher (vivendi eugh!), so becoming a company that produces everything from toys to ... is too mainstream and sounds more like ea or something.

I'm going to start on the snarknest soon, i've been playing paper mario for gc way to much. And i will go through the snarknest pattern and check all of the angles.

slashandburn said:
I'm going to start on the snarknest soon, i've been playing paper mario for gc way to much. And i will go through the snarknest pattern and check all of the angles.

Paper Freeman :p
Try making one :D

as i said before, £50 and i'll make one for you. not taking orders now tho cos i am going away at the end of the week snowboarding, and my sewing machine and girlfriend aren't here, so i'd have some trouble.

Mad-Larkin said:
as i said before, £50 and i'll make one for you. not taking orders now tho cos i am going away at the end of the week snowboarding, and my sewing machine and girlfriend aren't here, so i'd have some trouble.

Looks like you have the european market covered.

You need to make a few of these, and then have a bunch with the "Buy It Now" option...

/me throws his hat into the headcrab bidding ring
but if i don't win... :(

use this dude's idea

th3Phallex said:
You need to make a few of these, and then have a bunch with the "Buy It Now" option...

bah! nevermind... maybe if there is another auction :(

/me goes back to "Sewing for Assf*cks"

But you still have time!
hurry! o_O
I'm gonna make a headcrab out of gold material when I go to New York for the holidays tomorrow ^-^

Flib>Noone said:
But you still have time!
hurry! o_O
I'm gonna make a headcrab out of gold material when I go to New York for the holidays tomorrow ^-^

Good luck, remember to add a string to it to fasten it to your head.

slashandburn said:
Looks like you have the european market covered.

does that mean ur the person to talk to for all the Americans and Canadians? :)

if so...i am interested in a mini headcrab...u know one that would hang from the mirror in a car :)

That would be so cool!

There's a guy at http://www.netpointfocus.co.uk/forum/ (forums for a game you're never heard of, Deus Ex) who wants a headcrab, but I guess has no sewing skills. He lives in the UK.
Anyone here make them and can sell and ship one to him?
Good luck, remember to add a string to it to fasten it to your head.
how do I do that?

Flib>Noone said:
That would be so cool!

There's a guy at http://www.netpointfocus.co.uk/forum/ (forums for a game you're never heard of, Deus Ex) who wants a headcrab, but I guess has no sewing skills. He lives in the UK.
Anyone here make them and can sell and ship one to him?
how do I do that?

Add two extra peices, like flaps under the crab that you could cut holes into. And then tie a string to one.

slashandburn:
the headcrab that was on eBay, did you use the HeadcrabClassic pattern to make it?

EDIT: the pattern pages are to big to fit on a printed page... how do i fix this? :(

EDIT2: What does "Lock" and "Global-Scale" mean? i be an retard.

Haha, I just can't figure out the instructions (yeah I'm stupid :p )

I'd buy one.. but £50 is a bit too steep for me!

thehunter1320 said:
slashandburn:
the headcrab that was on eBay, did you use the HeadcrabClassic pattern to make it?

EDIT: the pattern pages are to big to fit on a printed page... how do i fix this? :(

EDIT2: What does "Lock" and "Global-Scale" mean? i be an retard.

It was the Classic version, Headcrab Kit "C"

Try printing on LEGAL sized paper.

And the LOCK & Global Scale are notes that i left behind, don't worry about them, It's just what i did to each peice to make it fit together.

Are the pieces printed on the paper 1:1 scale of it or do I have to make the pieces bigger?
(confusing x_x)

Flib>Noone said:
Are the pieces printed on the paper 1:1 scale of it or do I have to make the pieces bigger?
(confusing x_x)

I think that the scale is correct for the classic model. I may make a seconds classic pattern next year that will include a huge hole in it. But that is a while away.

SHIPPI said:
Haha, I just can't figure out the instructions (yeah I'm stupid :p )

I'd buy one.. but £50 is a bit too steep for me!

hmm.. how much is that in Canadian dollars? :p
im guessing its close to $100 dollars.. and if thats true.. yeah that price is a bit steep.

anyway, slashandburn any answers to my question? :p

Dr. Freeman said:
hmm.. how much is that in Canadian dollars? :p
im guessing its close to $100 dollars.. and if thats true.. yeah that price is a bit steep.

anyway, slashandburn any answers to my question? :p

The baby headcrab, or just a smaller headcrab? Because i have the primary work done for the baby one, i just haven't made the pattern yet. And schools about going to start again so if i make any more it will be by hand, which takes 24 hours to create.

Heres something interesting. The material cost was $23.00. It sold for $41.00. It took me 12 hours to make with a sewing machine. I got paid $1.50 an hour to produce the little thing.

slashandburn said:
Heres something interesting. The material cost was $23.00. It sold for $41.00. It took me 12 hours to make with a sewing machine. I got paid $1.50 an hour to produce the little thing.

hehehe... we've turned slashandburn into a foreign factory worker! :D

WORK PEASANT!!! :D

/lol

I think i'm going to start a website soon with all the materials here in a nice, downloadable form. And a 3D to pattern business.

Also gives me a chance to test out my new software suite i just built. Script Advanced 2.0 : Reloaded.

slashandburn said:
The baby headcrab, or just a smaller headcrab? Because i have the primary work done for the baby one, i just haven't made the pattern yet. And schools about going to start again so if i make any more it will be by hand, which takes 24 hours to create.

i am interested in a mini headcrab...one that would hang from the car mirror...hmm.. if u can do something like that.. would i be able to choose which fabrics to use? or do u only have one type of fabric?

and $41.00 US dollars? hmm...that would be in the 50 dollar range for me...which isn't a bad price at all :)

Dr. Freeman said:
i am interested in a mini headcrab...one that would hang from the car mirror...hmm.. if u can do something like that.. would i be able to choose which fabrics to use? or do u only have one type of fabric?

and $41.00 US dollars? hmm...that would be in the 50 dollar range for me...which isn't a bad price at all :)

Then i guess i will start the process of simplyfing the crab(origonal) a little. I will have a smaller pattern sometime next year.

slashandburn said:
Then i guess i will start the process of simplyfing the crab(origonal) a little. I will have a smaller pattern sometime next year.

what about my other questions? :p

am i allowed to pick from the fabrics available to u?
pricing? 41 bucks US?
also...i'd like to see how it would look first.. obviously don't want something too big.

Back