Votes: 10 11.9%
  • I have another sound solution (esp???) Please state below

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters

Link

Tank
Reaction score
What do you prefer?

Quietness and reliability of headphones, or the decent thumpy (and neighbour annoying) bassy-ness of speakers

Its headphones for me.

mah headphones sound teh crappy..
although on the other side I'm much better to pinpoint positional audio in multiplayer fps games with headphones. Singleplayer : speakz0rzz all the way!

i have a set up where i can simply at the flick of a switch go from my speakers to my headphones. Great for when the neighbours go out! :E

i have head phones, but only cause dad put shitty speakers on this comp, and gave the boston acustics with a big subbie (that were on this one :angry:) to my sister to have in her room with her shitty comp.

they need to be out here.

and how come she gets a computer in her room, im doing all the computer subjects, im the multimedia designer, she does shit all on hers. i gotta come out here and "socialize" with family members just so i can use the computer. And she gets the broadband conection piped through to it. lag up my games why dont you.

in fact, that does it im goin inthere right now and gettin my kickass speakers back...

I gonna pick up my new speakers today. Its a NAD C352 amp and a pair of Cerwin Vega V-12F speakers. I hope the new 12" bases will do a better job than the old 6" :)

I also have a pair Sennheiser HD 212Pro headphones. They are exellent! I need to have headphones since i got a little brother, but thats no problem on the day!

Speakers all the way (that includes LAN parties).

i have both.. and depending on my mood, i switch accordingly :p

I have both speakers and head phones and they both have pretty good quality.
I like to use both. When I play violent games my parents don't like the sound from me shooting with guns, so to avoid them giving complains I use the head phones. I don't mind since they are both confy and sometimes are helpful for me to hear enemies better.
In any other case I usually use the speakers.

For SP i prefer speakers..... im definatly playing hl2 with the bass cranked up :)

For MP i prefer quality headphones..... as i can play anytime i want without annoying people....and they give better seperation....so i can hear what is coming from where.

I use headphones with FPS games so that I can hear the enemy and where they are better (5.1 Zalmann) and also when I'm watching movies. I prefer speakers when listening to music because of better bass.

I like both...for just..listening to music I use speakers...but playing games I use headphones.

I prefer speakers.
but only the left one is working at the moment so I use my headphones anyway.

I prefere speakers because I have a 5.1 setup with sub that is just scary......

However I sometimes wish I had headphones so I could put it on loud without complaints

Do you guys often get complaints? I never ever got it in my whole life (im lucky? :)) My neighbour once said "trance man" to me... and my dad asked me why i didnt play music like i use to do... but thats about it :)

I use my headphones for online FPS (I also need the attached microphone for clan play), LANs, and when I need to be quiet - like now cos there's bible study in the lounge room and I don't wanna be rude and interrupt. For everything else, there's speakers :thumbs:

I got one neighbor, a book-worm type who came one morning to whine, I opened the door and he just mumbled something about the noise, I didn't say anything and he left in 3 seconds. Still play my music all the way up hehe. But for games it's headphones, and Sennheiser makes the best if you ask me :E

Nothing quite like surround sound. You just don't get the same feeling with headphones. I can always plug them into the volume control which is next to my keyboard though. When i plug them in there it overrides the speakers so its no big trouble really.

However speakers are slightly more expenseive so it really depends on how much money you have to spend.

I like headphones, but I keep rolling over/pulling out the cables on it and rendering them useless. Im trying to find a pair of wireless headphones with a mic that I can use for LANs. Any suggestions? But when Im not at a LAN, nothing can beat speakers. Everything just seems more...realistic.

I am using headphons and soon i m getting 7.1 Mega with 7.1 Audgy zs

I started with an average 2 speaker sub-woofer setup. Then I hijacked two speakers off of my Stereo to replace the ones that came with the sub-woofer.

I now have a 6 speaker, 2 sub-woofer soround sound setup. My mother kept upgrading the Lounge Rooms speaker setup so after the first system went to my brother a few months later we got another one, thus the old one went to me.

Guess what I'm listening to right now.... Thats right! My heaphones!
*shrugs* Always been a headphones person.

I've got a Creative 5.1 Surround System, and on my DVD player I've got a 5.1 Sony Surround System as well, but I would prefer using my Sennheiser HD200 headphones: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/spacez/img1059305682.jpeg
But since my ears have taken a bit damage because listening to Bogdan Raczynski and Venetian Snares I probably shouldn't be using them, and therefore I won't.

Logitech Z680s for me. Poor neighbours. Poor street. Their fault for not appreciating good music, of course.

i have headphones, as my parents room is right next to mine and they get annoyed... plus because it gives better sound, especially for games. and my left speaker doesnt work :/

I use headphones when need. Specifically when my parents come in after playing Call of Duty and ask what the hell was that.

I'm not sure yet. I have Logitech 640s right now and I want to try out the Zalman 5.1 Headphones. I've heard those can easily rival most except the high-end surround setups (which I don't have enough money to afford, which is why I'm going with these)

I preffere to have a surround sound system to headphones but I can't use it to it's full potential otherwise the whole neighborehood can hear whatever I'm playing. In the summer I can't even shut my window and even when I can the base goes striat through the walls.

AzzMan said:
I'm not sure yet. I have Logitech 640s right now and I want to try out the Zalman 5.1 Headphones. I've heard those can easily rival most except the high-end surround setups (which I don't have enough money to afford, which is why I'm going with these)

I have them and they're really good with games (not tried them with movies properly yet) but the muffling you get at high and low frequencies makes them less suitable for music. Bass is good though and they're very comfortable.

Pobz said:
heres my beauties
ahhh, the Logitech Z-680(I think) are really great. Ive got them as well. But during nightime I use my fine Sennheiser HD570 headphones.

I use Zalman 5.1 headphones and the KX drivers. I feel sorry for people with zalman's and creative drivers. when I first got my headphones they sounded like crap in 5.1 mode and was impossible to adjust individual speaker volume. But with the kx drivers I upped the bass, adjusted the speakers, and everything is awesome!

I couldn't live without my surround sound. Especially the woofer.

I can't even fathom how anyone could survive on headphones alone (unless you had no choice). You've obviously never used REAL speakers. ;)

One benefit to living in the country is your neighbors live farther away from you... :E

Of course, I use speakers. Headphones just can't recreate the experience of 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 surround sound.

speakers, i like the feeling of the sub going thru my body. Plus i hate wearing headphones. I also think it makes it feel more real and around you, but some people say they get that from good headphones, to each his own, they just arent my cup of tea.

I use headphones only but thats partly becauswe my brothers comp is in the same room as mine. Also my parents are hard core religious, especially my mom. My dad doesn't mind shooting games but when it comes down to swearing he some times bitches. My mom hates me playing violent games she thinks that there going to make me go and shoot people or something. So for me speakers aren't really an option.

Back