Hehehe, I´ve gotta share this.

Why laugh at those people when you yourself are wasting your day checking this forums, as you say, 3-4 hours a day? And why waste your time telling us about it? I don't mean to be rude, but this was all pretty pointless, don't you think? I'm probably just rambling.

adio2001 said:
Why laugh at those people when you yourself are wasting your day checking this forums, as you say, 3-4 hours a day? And why waste your time telling us about it? I don't mean to be rude, but this was all pretty pointless, don't you think? I'm probably just rambling.

Don't take it so seriously people. It was a funny incident and a great example how lots of people are given false information. I don't think those guys waiting to get in were thinking "omg this guy's l33t we're so jealous he knows eerything ab0ut gamezzz omfg shitzzz"

The "every human being has rights" -crap isn't always needed

Lol, nice one. People aren't that stupid here in Norway though :)

Söta bror.

lol what a great story! I'd have loved to see it. I'll probably share this story with some friends soon :D

What is with all you people being so damn negative all the time? Has life kicked you in the nuts or something? Lost your girlfriends? Never had girlfriends? I don't know... god damnit, just lighten up!

A thread like this is better than another "OMG valve BETRAYED US" or "IS HDR in HL2? This is important to my LIFE".

The discussion around here is getting worse and worse... No wonder Gabe doesn't hang out here anymore

Plug said:
lol what a great story! I'd have loved to see it. I'll probably share this story with some friends soon :D

What is with all you people being so damn negative all the time? Has life kicked you in the nuts or something? Lost your girlfriends? Never had girlfriends? I don't know... god damnit, just lighten up!

A thread like this is better than another "OMG valve BETRAYED US" or "IS HDR in HL2? This is important to my LIFE".

The discussion around here is getting worse and worse... No wonder Gabe doesn't hang out here anymore

Exactly. Although speculation and over analyzing is always fun, some subjects are getting too common.

I fail to find any humour in that particular picture

OMG, that story was funny :cheese:
I can't stop laughing :LOL:

Who cares if it's true or not.

I can assure you that this story isnt a complete load of bull... He lives in Stockholm after all.

Meeep meeep

/me runs

Majestic XII said:
I can assure you that this story isnt a complete load of bull... He lives in Stockholm after all.

Meeep meeep

/me runs
Since when did 08s stop being full of bull? :p
Nah... just kidding :)

- Yellonet

I suddenly went to valve in Seattle, Gabe was there and Doug and they all were throwing a party shooting flares in the sky. As anybody might figure I thought hl2 went gold but suddenly Gabe jumped out of the cake (ignore continuity error) and said it was all just a joke. NOW ISN'T THAT JUST SO FUNNY.

Doesn't matter that I made it up, its the story that counts, right?

Majestic XII said:

Meeep meeep

/me runs

ROFL ..."meep meep"

LOL, thats the funnyest i have heard in a long while :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Inanimate said:
lol.. why are people so sceptic?
it happened 2 days ago otherwise I would not make another thread in this already spammed forum..
I dont really get it..

/D

People are doubting your story because:
A: You didn't divulge the store's name
B: You didn't give a credible reason as to why 13-30 people would just spontaneously stand in line waiting for a game that hasn't been released yet.

I thought it was BS, too

YamatoTwinkie said:
People are doubting your story because:
A: You didn't divulge the store's name
B: You didn't give a credible reason as to why 13-30 people would just spontaneously stand in line waiting for a game that hasn't been released yet.

I thought it was BS, too
Agreed. BS - and I don't see why everyone is finding such a BS story so funny? Synopsis: I was at the store, and like a bunch of people were there, and I called them all idiots. It was hilarious. I laugh at my own jokes.

And if this was true.. how would 30 people in your area all decide that the game was coming out right then, and to all go to the same store at the same time? Uh huh.

thebarge said:
Agreed. BS - and I don't see why everyone is finding such a BS story so funny? Synopsis: I was at the store, and like a bunch of people were there, and I called them all idiots. It was hilarious. I laugh at my own jokes.

The funny part is the idea that so many people thought HL2 was actually coming out that day, and were actually waiting in line for it.

A: The store is called Webhallen and it´s located in Stockholm city
B: As I said, they obviously had got the release date wrong. Probably from the same source.

/D

Inanimate said:
B: As I said, they obviously had got the release date wrong. Probably from the same source.

/D
You didnt think to ask them why they thought it was that day!?

Maybe it was that day.. and we've all been fooled....
*wears tin foil hat*

i don't see why people are being so rude, he just wanted to share a story and some people are actually flaming him, and what exactly do you people gain by mindlessly instigating?

Inanimate said:

/D

The realease date on webhallen is 4:e kvartalet 2004. ( For none swedish people, the last 4 months of the Year ) Why would these people all be standning there the SAME day and waiting for the game? I also think its alot of BS.

people are always flaming nowadays, its getting unreasonable

Sai said:
i don't see why people are being so rude, he just wanted to share a story and some people are actually flaming him, and what exactly do you people gain by mindlessly instigating?

people are flaming because the story sounds like one of the hundreds of obscure made-up anecdotes that we've all seen on internet bulletin-boards before, mainly because of the lack of specific details in the story (I.e, why didn't the original poster think to ask why all these people collectively thought to stand in line)

Could it have been real? Definately. But most of us know not to trust EVERYTHING we hear on the internet.

Just wait until it is actually released, talk about mass-induced pandemonium. "Earlier today, 17 people were trampled to death at a local EB Games retail store. The onsite manager stated that the situation started when he announced to the eagerly awaiting crowd that 'Half-life 2 was now sold out and the next shipment wouldn't be in for a week.' Soon after a riot broke out, and the unruly crowd then preceded to charge into the store and demand copies of the game. Sadly, as a media conglomerate, and as my professional opinion, this is nothing more than a prime example of the negative impact games have on today's youth. Blah. Blah. I am a media whore. Blah Blah."

Wow, that went a little to far... I will have to keep that in check next time... ;)

I thought it was funny as I was reading it, and then you didn't tell us (as someone pointed out), the name of the store, why they all heard that HL2 was released so suddenly...and you just didn't give any details at all. Weren't you a tad bit curious why they all thought it was released on that day? I would be....So I thought it was liesssss

Seriously if the people were so obsessed with HL2 that they were there before the store was even open, they would have known better.

Also, you said it happened two days ago, but that was yesterday, so it was on a Friday?

That means they all skipped work/school because of a, most likely, speculative release date....

I don't think so.

Why weren't you in work/school?

Man ,some people are soo sad they have to make up storys to make them out like somebody actually listens to them.

I thought it was funny....

Then I realized how can something that didn't happen be funny?

Well, in some cases.

Like, the whole reason this was funny, in my opinion, was because it supposedly did happen.

Until I figured out the whole scam.

Lets just drop it. I posted this because I thought it was really funny and that it´d be fun to share with you.
Personally, I don´t honestly get what´s not believable about my post..
So lets just drop it since half of those who reply says that it´s bullshit..

T.Y

/D

LOL i think i know why they was there.

look at the HEADER of the game... hl2 mayhem RELEASED lol
this is a popular site so im thinking some tards read that and tought they MEANT HL2 lol but hl2 mayhem is only some retard flash game.

http://www.gamershell.com/news/17030.html

you can look in that link thats where they posted HL2 mayhem released

noobs could easily have mistaken it for the real game , probly they dint care of reading the rest lol dunno it may be this or not

2 days ago- it should have been today otherwise i dont believe you. Maybe they thought the fake gold on monday thing ment it was out today, but...

Why dont they just close this thread, making up crap.Jesus people really r sad.

Back