Hey... I hate zombies... cry...

Acepilotf14

Sucked so much dick for this title
Reaction score
;( Can anyone help me get up the nerve to do Chapter 6, "We dont go to Ravenholm.." I am afwaid of zombies.. just the thought of FAST zombies makes me want to sleep away from my window... in my closet... on the top shelf.. with a nightlight... :imu:

Turn the lights on?
Turn the speakers off?
Put godmode one?
Wait for a few years till you're grown up?
By some guts at a local store?

I know it is just a game.. im still trying to finish PREY! argh..
I even have the strategy guide, and until i have a freakin sniper rifle, so i can pwn some zombies without them getting anywhere near me, im not going anywhere.

wait... how do i put godmode on?

mate if you do that you completely wreck everything about Ravenholm. The idea about Ravenholm is to make you scared of going in but to go in anyway, its the atmosphere and the fact that your all alone against a lot of zombies, the instinct of survival and then finally making it out alive that makes it a great experiance. Being a pussy and putting god mode on just completely and utterly wrecks the entire episode and frankly if you are going to do that then you might as well just uninstall the game and sell it

There isn't a sniper rifle in Half-Life 2 except a Crossbow which basically acts like a long-range rifle except it's hard to use at long or extreme ranges as the bolt doesn't follow a straight pattern so you need to aim a bit over the target to ensure you'll hit it.
Anyway, you won't find it until after Ravenholm.

Open up the console, type sv_cheats 1 into it and press enter. Then type god and press enter.

and by using that cheat you are branded a coward...

So? If he can enjoy the game like that there's no problem IMO.

The fast zombies are not really ur biggest issue, u get the shotgun right around the time u run into them, so it makes life easier, the poison zombies are far more irritating, but not scary, just don't let the fast ones get the jump on u and u'll be fine, and try to have fun, it's a good chapter, I like using the saw blades meself.

Ravenholm is about as scary as a troupe of girl scouts selling raffle tickets :|

So? If he can enjoy the game like that there's no problem IMO.

Well that just it, how can anyone enjoy Ravenholm knowing that they cant die at all, just ****s up the entire experiance IMO, but still, makes him a coward that he cant go through a zombie chapter on a computer game :/

if you seriously cant work up the nerve then turn closed caption sound on to take the surprise out.
also death by fast zombie is unlikely, they are about as dangerous as a headcrab

wow!

I am afraid of girl scouts.. but i think i might be able to do it now, lol ;D

ima go do it right now, ill be back in a lil to tell you all :D

Well that just it, how can anyone enjoy Ravenholm knowing that they cant die at all, just ****s up the entire experiance IMO, but still, makes him a coward that he cant go through a zombie chapter on a computer game :/

If you were a kid you would be afraid of playing ravenholm, hell even i get scared if a fast zombie jumps from somwhere.

If you were a kid you would be afraid of playing ravenholm, hell even i get scared if a fast zombie jumps from somwhere.

yeah but i doubt the little kids would go and find cheats to get through it, and to be honest if they are too scared to play through it then they are too young for the game, end of.

LOL...sorry, but having just re-done Ravelholm...

I got my roommate hooked on HL2, and he was wanting to play alongside me. AKA, we do the same levels at the same time, him on his PC, me on mine.

Well, I didn't even start until he was in Canals with the hoverboat. I caught up to him in an hour, and stopped for a few days.

Once it came time for Ravenholm, I did it in 10 minutes. :D

;( Can anyone help me get up the nerve to do Chapter 6, "We dont go to Ravenholm.." I am afwaid of zombies.. just the thought of FAST zombies makes me want to sleep away from my window... in my closet... on the top shelf.. with a nightlight... :imu:

The best thing 'bout ravenholm is *dun dun dunnn* Father Gregori! He's so awesome and makes it alot less scary when he's w/ you! :smoking:

Do not forget,

The ghastly demon,
The unvanquished corse,
Haunts within thy room,
Creeps underneath the glooms.

The wicked deads,
Feast upon thy chest,
And render thee agony excruciating,
Which isn't a fraction of the pain yet.

Thats one of my favorite chapters in the game! playing that part of Hl2, doom, RE4, etc... I love horror games after I played RE4... i find horror games to be far more fun and entertaining then horror movies... in many way they are usually completely the same IE: crappy story, scary yet sad enemies or monsters, dark rooms, and creepy music... however the movies do not provide control over the character(s) in it... in the game, if some one ( or something ) scares the living shit out of you by randomly jumping out at you from around the corner growing and swats you in the head... simply pull out automatic rifle, smg, shotgun or what ever your preference is and apply a little bit of pressure to the trigger and wail away on their un-forsakeing ( dont even know wha thtat means but it sounds good ) head ... when over, pound a little more lead into their lifeless body and scream " WHAT NOW BITCH!? THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO SNEEK UP ON ME! " find another one and repeat... that's what i do...

its kinda funny cuz in the games im not really scared of whats going on in the game cuz im so focused into it... one time i was running around in " the creep place" (Ravenholm) and my friend snuk up on me and pop his gum... almost made me piss my pants! but then when i got back into the game i turned the corner to find a zombie swing at me and he as like " argggorsalhds;a;h;hias" ( or what ever sound they make ) and my friend jumped out of his seat next to me and i was all like bitch die! and i fired a very satisfying shotty shell in to his face... or where their face would be if they had one...

I did the entire Ravenholm on Normal with just my crowbar one time..

F***ing hard.

" WHAT NOW BITCH!? THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO SNEEK UP ON ME! " find another one and repeat... that's what i do...

I do the same thing :LOL: I actually say that, too, but only when someone is there, if I talk to myself people will think I'm an idiot :|

System Shock 2.. omg they sneak up on me all the time, playing that game makes me jumpy, even with it's dated graphics it's still f***ing scary, and since most of the time the creatures spawn behind you, it happens alot.

Hybrid with pipe: "OMG!! KILL ME!!!" (They are infected humans, and still can talk for themselves, but can't control themselves, that's why they want to die..)
Me: "WTF!?!"
Hybrid with pipe: *smacks me with pipe*
Me: "Now it's on, bitch! *Takes out Wrench* *SMACK SMACK SMACK*"
Me: "YEEEEAAAAAA BITCH!! *shoot body with pistol* DATS RIGHT BOYEE!!!!"
Brother: stfu dumbass.

I hope we helped 'motivate you', good luck on finishing that chapter, I'll be sure to send u a copy of dead rising as a congratulation, lol

Aww, you should of recorded a demo of your first time playing it :(. Mack and Mesh anyone?

If they come at you on the same level then just aim for the head or body. If you don't kill them with the first shot then shoot again.
If they come up the pipes then go to the edge (don't fall!) and hit them as they are climming the pipe. Very easy to do (as long as you don't fall).

When the zombies are climbing the pipes, I've found the .357 works better than the shotgun.

Wait, if you hated Zombies, how did you even play the first Half-Life?

I actually say that, too, but only when someone is there, if I talk to myself people will think I'm an idiot :|

I dont understand... if no one is there... then how could some one ( who obviously isnt there ) think your an idiot for talking to your self?

The experiance of Ravenholm for me was the sounds, the creatures and the locations. They were really the things that got to me most. I was mostly freightend by the sounds the poision zombies made. Dying or not wouldn't of affected it at all, as dieing isn't really anything at all. After all, you're going through a town of creatures that mostly amble towards you and hit you with thier claws. It's pretty tough to die, except for if you start going Rambo into areas and ending up surrounded by a few posion headcrabs and a few fast zombies. Then theres chance of dieing, but then thats it. Blank screen, re-load save point, carry on and not make the same mistake.

Going through with Godmode isn't really going to change much in my opinion. I don't think my health went under 80 at any point anyway. My ammo went low, but thats all.

I dont understand... if no one is there... then how could some one ( who obviously isnt there ) think your an idiot for talking to your self?

:|

Uhh...

Uh...

umm...

*runs*

The experiance of Ravenholm for me was the sounds, the creatures and the locations. They were really the things that got to me most. I was mostly freightend by the sounds the poision zombies made. Dying or not wouldn't of affected it at all, as dieing isn't really anything at all. After all, you're going through a town of creatures that mostly amble towards you and hit you with thier claws. It's pretty tough to die, except for if you start going Rambo into areas and ending up surrounded by a few posion headcrabs and a few fast zombies. Then theres chance of dieing, but then thats it. Blank screen, re-load save point, carry on and not make the same mistake.

Going through with Godmode isn't really going to change much in my opinion. I don't think my health went under 80 at any point anyway. My ammo went low, but thats all.
The first time I played I got creeped out when I saw the Fast Zombies jumping across the rooftops and hearing them howl, it was only for show, they weren't attacking yet, but it still scared me, I thought they'd sneak up on me...

And about your ammo, I think they put the Black Mesa East level right before Ravenholm so you'd have the Gravity Gun, I no longer waste 1 bullet now that I use the Gravity Gun for that level, there is so much saw blades/explosives/crap that you can throw it's not even funny, actually, when Grigory is sending over the cart, thats the only time I used bullets... there was no crap to throw at Zombies :\

My first post only contained everything before The Antipop quote, I wrote that, and accidentally posted it, rather then copy/pasting it into the first post..

I edited the 2nd post saying that it was a double post.. now you only read 1 post, rather than having it broken up into two posts.. noob. :|

The first time I played I got creeped out when I saw the Fast Zombies jumping across the rooftops and hearing them howl, it was only for show, they weren't attacking yet, but it still scared me, I thought they'd sneak up on me...

And about your ammo, I think they put the Black Mesa East level right before Ravenholm so you'd have the Gravity Gun, I no longer waste 1 bullet now that I use the Gravity Gun for that level, there is so much saw blades/explosives/crap that you can throw it's not even funny, actually, when Grigory is sending over the cart, thats the only time I used bullets... there was no crap to throw at Zombies :\

The Fast Zombies didn't scare me at all actually, its weird because they seem to be the ones that scare most people. When I saw them jumping through the air I was a little taken back but I soon got back into the swing of things when the first one came bounding towards me and I just casually sliced it in half mid-bloodcurdling scream.

As much as there was to throw in Ravenholm, I still always ended up with little ammo just towards the part before you go into the attic underneath the rooftop with the tram car. You know the part. Your on a rooftop at first, and below you there is a poision zombie who likes to throw things up at you. Well, the only things in the area to throw are stuff like chairs and paintcans. Worked surprisingly well, though. I lost the most ammo in the 'bad part of town' which Gregori says you shouldn't of gone to. The part with the long street and the broken sawblade at the end. I jusat ended up getting surrounded by fasties and stuff, so I just shotgunned everything that moved. Plus, I like to take out the posion zombies with grenades/shotgun as fast as I can, just so I can't hear them anymore. :)

Fast Zombies give me the greatest scare...Altough I love the animation and soundFX. The howling, jumping and maniacally scratching.
Normal zombies can be scarry to If you don't see/hear them coming.
Or the combination of some poison-zombie/headcrab and another type of enemy. For me tHe scariest Zombie-encouter is the Radioactive tunnel later in the game after the NOVA-PROSPEKT level. When they are under water and suddenly pop up...All alone, no one arround and all I can hear is this f*cked up sound. (allways remainds me off these liricks, anybody any idea wich song it is?)

Isn't it great that a game can trigger so much emotions in a person.
Fright, adrenaline, compassion, joy, hate,...smiles and frowns

I do love HL2 and it's follow-up...Told it before, will say it again: "Best game overall"

Greetzz

Fast Zombies give me the greatest scare...Altough I love the animation and soundFX. The howling, jumping and maniacally scratching.
Normal zombies can be scarry to If you don't see/hear them coming.
Or the combination of some poison-zombie/headcrab and another type of enemy. For me tHe scariest Zombie-encouter is the Radioactive tunnel later in the game after the NOVA-PROSPEKT level. When they are under water and suddenly pop up...All alone, no one arround and all I can hear is this f*cked up sound. (allways remainds me off these liricks, anybody any idea wich song it is?)

Isn't it great that a game can trigger so much emotions in a person.
Fright, adrenaline, compassion, joy, hate,...smiles and frowns

I do love HL2 and it's follow-up...Told it before, will say it again: "Best game overall"

Greetzz

yup agreed, and now as we have been through EP1 it ha introduced passion and humour and love only thats conveyed through Alyx. I wonder what more emotions we shall see or feel in EP2 :)

I remember Ravenholm. The fast zombies scared the shit out of me when I was playing in the dark. Made me jump a few times :p

I didn't stop playing though =/

Back