high quality hl2 vids in new pc gamer

Dr0ndeh

Reaction score
on the cover dvd of the new uk pc gamer there are some v high qual videos of the e32k4 vids, not cam footage. they look like bink video quality slightly compressed into an .avi

they show the gmans beggining speach, a shorter clip of the hovercraft, gordon meeting eli, a much shorter clip of gordon being attacked by the combine and the rollermines (with the buggy) and a shorter clip of the strider attack (the one where the combine tank gets kicked and nearly hits gordon, its 3.37 in total, but shows no new footage.

edit: it also has the bink style opening and closing, like an official hl2 video.

Pendragon will be gone till teh 10th n00bie. PAY ATTENTION TO CHRIS_D!
Yes, as Mr. Harij said
URL PIX VIDZZZ!!!!!!111111111111 plzzzzz
Emphasis. But Sir Crazy said it best.

I don't think it's worth uploading. The Quality isn't that much better and a LOT of the content has been cut.

Oh well.

this vid is worth getting only for the audio, its completely clear, no camcorder distortion.

DigiQ8, i'll wait to see if one of the mods wants to host it here first, thank you.

ookaay
but i dont think they will cuz of the copyright

as far as i can tell, its an official video, with just valve copyrights on it.

Attachments

• gman.jpg
    gman.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,078
  • mossman.jpg
    mossman.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 913
ROFLMAO

The G-Man is real!

I think Doom 3's graphics just got owned :afro:

It's about time that the high quality media was released. I wounder why they cropped out some of the scenes?

This means the Binks are (for the most part) complete.

Valve should start releasing them with every Steam update (I hope).

Come on Dr0n Send it to me pleaseeeee
ill upload it :p

uploading it? PC gamer probably has the exclusive rights on the media for now.

And True Canadian they already said they wouldn't be releasing new media.

Holy crap man nice! WHY DID I END MY PC GAMER SUBSCRIPTION?!?!

Oh thats right, cause their magazine sucks.

AIM: Joeyslucky22, send me some crap man! I have a host!

VALVE HAS ATTAINED photo realism!

Look at the g-man....holy sh@%456T, I need it NOW!

wow, HL2 does look like a D3 gfx killer at times.

it looks nice but still not as good as Doom 3 lighting wise. Gmans ears look like flat pieces of flab. and in Doom 3 the uniforms people where look like you can touch and feel the rigidness in the cloth.

...What are you talking about?

You can't see anything in Doom III.

Didnt somone who visited valve a week or two ago, said the print media would get the Binks first, then they would be released online?

Varsity said:
It isn't new media, just an increase in quality of old media.
Again your point being?

Just because a movie has been in the theatres doesn't make it legal to upload it to others now does it?

ive just pm'd pendragon, if he doesnt want to host it, i'll send it to digiq8.

just to warn you all tho, not all of the vid is of the same quality as the gman part for some reason:

Attachments

• buggy.jpg
    buggy.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 662
Those are definately not the BINKs, but still a huge difference in quality. Sorry, we still want it :p

its like the Condition Zero compressed footage, its scaled down in bink so it blurs between frames.

as i said before, it seems asif they are binks, compressed into avi's some bits are better qual than others.

Back