HL2 Boxes at my EB store.

BWMASTER

Reaction score
I just went today to check out my EB games store and I found that it had HL2 boxes for advertising. They were brand new and I saw them in the back somehow. The EB guy said that they will be putting them on display in a week or so.

I asked if I can have one/buy one so I can scan it for you guyz to see. The guy said "You gotta be kidding me. No, they are for advertising", then I ran away...LOL

Anyways, the advertising box had a big orange HL2 logo on the front and a black background. I didnt have time to read what it said on the back but it had a few screenshots.

Lol, im gonna go tommorow and punk one. They will know its missing because they only had 3 LOL

Originally posted by BWMASTER
Lol, im gonna go tommorow and punk one.
If you're a true HL2 fan, you'll do it :cheese:

I'll go to gamestop tomorrow and see if they have 'em too.

Originally posted by Jager
If you're a true HL2 fan, you'll do it :cheese:

I'll go to gamestop tomorrow and see if they have 'em too.

Oh yea! Its very doubtful that they are new screens, but still would be cool to see.

Lol its probably got the same screens already shown with the requirements and storyline already shown. It would be a great see though. I'll try tommarrow morning.

No I dont think they have any new screens, but it had a paragraph or two on the back.

Dang I should of examined it better. They were brand new boxes (not folded into place yet) and the guy was staring at me when I picked one up.

You picked it up? I thought it was in the back. You should have ran off with it. :)

Well it was hidden in the front desk. I kinda phrased my sentence wrong there LOL

I asked him if I can buy it and he said NO because they are for advertising.

There was another guy working there and he made a joke:

He casualy said to the other guy "Do we still have that copy of HL2 in the back?"

I was like "GIMMME!!!!!"!

if the box looked like this.
645118bm.jpg

then its a fake, its just put there for display purposes only.
now if it looked like this.
hl2_boxes.jpg

these boxes are the official ones.
u claimed they looked like this right?

No, the logo took up the whole box width, very simple and with a black background.

It also had some stickers on it but I didnt quite see what they said.

I'm guessing "The sequel to the best game ever!", or something like that.
:bounce:

What would be cool, so you dont have to collect all of those boxes, is if they would make one like the new Frozen Throne expansion pack box. It has a fold in on each margin so when you open up the fold you have three surfaces.(you needa see it, its hard for me to explain...LOL)

They could easily make one of those and have all the charachters pic in one box.

Off to the shower with me, ill talk to you guyz later :cheers:

huh....no idea then....but u do like these ones right, and hold on ill go get the proof....

here it is...

"By the way, we noticed in the Half-Life 2 E3 demo room some mock-ups of the game's retail boxes. We asked Johnson about this and he confirmed that Half-Life 2 will have several collectible game boxes when it comes out, with images of Freeman, the G-Man, the new character Alyx and a special silver box that will apparently be a limited edition with some as yet unrevealed special items."

-from Source
so there u have it.

The box I'm talking about is for advertising the product. Not the final one :D

when you go back to the store, bring a digital camera with you

Heheh, yeah i seen the Frozen Throne one. I liked the fold out but it was a little... cumbersome. I'd like them to do something like that with HL2, like in the GOTY box with the fold out of that cliff part.

wow enough with the green eyes.

Lets see a G-man mod where you watch everything happen and your only weapon is an evil laugh. muahahahha

*mod update*
-add finger pointing to laugh

Originally posted by wbcheater
and a special silver box that will apparently be a limited edition with some as yet unrevealed special items."

GIVE US A FREE T-SHIRT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Originally posted by Bad^Hat
...like in the GOTY box with the fold out of that cliff part.

That was on the original box as well. The GOTY box (If I remember correctly) just added a bar along the top and/or bottom saying stuff about TFC and all the awards and included TFC info on the back. Other then that, I don't think it changed at all.

Originally posted by urseus
GIVE US A FREE T-SHIRT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!
Forget the shirt, I want a Pewter Gordon figure! Also, it'd be nice if the collectors edition came with the "Behind the Game" Book and maybe the strategy Guide.

btw, heres amazon links for all the HL2 books:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_2/002-0810082-6152020?v=glance&s=books
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_3/002-0810082-6152020?v=glance&s=books
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_1/002-0810082-6152020?v=glance&s=books

The Prima people are so lucky, they've been following the development of HL2 almost from the start. According to Gabe in some old interview, they've been very involved. That would such an awesome job, go watch Valve make HL2.

guys it's a box...a box...im a half life 2 fan too but common...it's...a..well, it's a box lol

Originally posted by csmighty
guys it's a box...a box...im a half life 2 fan too but common...it's...a..well, it's a box lol

So so very true. Boxes are boring. Games always have boxes in them to make the map feel more full. But they are still boring as hell. lol.

steal the box, they have 3, they only need one!

i wonder what some tard on ebay would pay from one?:D

Boxes are cool. That feeling when you grab a fresh copy of a game right off the shelf and you've got that crisp box with all the little hyped up text and sceenies on it. Makes me all tingly inside. And don't lie, you've all shared that feeling. :)

Escher0, didn't the original box have the same pic of Freeman, just with a background that displayed a couple scientists (in blindingly-white labcoats), a couple headcrab zombies and a military guy? my friend has that box, I can take a picture of it if you want.

Edit: Yeah, I have had that feeling. Only with Half-Life (my first PC game I ever bought) and BF1942, but I expect the feeling to resurface on Sept.30th :)

Originally posted by Escher0
Forget the shirt, I want a Pewter Gordon figure!

What goods a long metal object if your not a chick.

A shirt is needed. A nice black one like the one i got for jedi knight 2.

Star trek:elite force came with a cool little back back i used to take to TAFE.

I hope they dont cheap out and just have a metal tin and nothing else like the wolfenstein release.

hmm, the silver boxes, are they some sort of special edition only existing in a small amount? (dont know if this is the right expression) Or aer they the box every game will be coming in?

I love boxes! I bought HL Generation even though I already owned HL, Op4, CS and Blueshift, purely because I loved the box (double DVD cases are cool). Well actually I bought it because I needed a CD key, but the box did factor into it (I could have bought HL on it's own).

go jack that box and make this old guy proud *COUGH!*

/me reaches for this cane

Back